Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, this is the one I'm referring to:

Has pretty much all the features of the Elite except that it's wired only. Different stick heights, customizable triggers, 4 paddles that can either be removed individually or all at once, etc. And personally I think the dpad on the newer MS controllers is retarded compared to a plain old +. The interchangeable faceplates are nice too; the black one has almost a rubbery feel to it while the white one is just like the standard arctic white Xbox controller.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop selling a $650 series X bundle (extra controller) if you wanna jump in on that xbox hype

i've also noticed the xbox direct invites are good again, they were out of stock for a few weeks but if you have one its basically good forever it seems, but they are like $675 bundles. nice thing though is you can use MS rewards on those, even partial

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Got my Series X, haven't played much on it but it's my first experience with HDR games because Windows blows cheeks, and man games look good in HDR on an OLED. It was pretty mind blowing.

Elite Series 2 is also pretty great. Going to take a little getting used to the paddles, but I can see them really changing how you play some games.

Also I'm atrocious at FPS on console right now, 15 years of FPS on PC has fucked that one up pretty good.

Any stand outs game pass that are must play games? As someone who hasn't owned a console since the 360 and didn't really play that much on it a lot of the older games caught my eye

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Also I'm atrocious at FPS on console right now, 15 years of FPS on PC has fucked that one up pretty good.

I'm with you on that. Been a rough learning curve the past few years. Good news is consoles are easy mode with a lot of aim assists.

What genre games are you looking for as standouts?

Nice thing is so many games free to just try. Especially with cloud gaming so don't even need to download a lot of them to try them.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is Xbox live down? Can’t access my games and store is erroring out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah can’t play Witcher 3 since I’m offline. Lol

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Oof. Authentication is down, so saying I don't own any digital or game pass games.

Digital games are so convenient, what could go wrong!

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm with you on that. Been a rough learning curve the past few years. Good news is consoles are easy mode with a lot of aim assists.

What genre games are you looking for as standouts?

Nice thing is so many games free to just try. Especially with cloud gaming so don't even need to download a lot of them to try them.
No specific genre really. More just good solo experiences.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No specific genre really. More just good solo experiences.

The Ascent has some jankiness, but decent story and cool world.

Bard's Tale games are fun. Played through the original and was fun old school gaming. The ARPG they call it is one of the genuinely funniest games.

Darkest Dungeon is popular (I didn't like it but was nice to try it out for free).

Donut County, only played for easy achievements but the story is entertaining.

Forgot Elite Dangerous was on Game Pass.

Frost Punk is cool, rts style building game.

Hades and Monster Train are popular games people were excited about.

Mass Effect Legendary of course. Assuming you know of the bigger name games like this or Jedi Fallen Order.

Slay the Spire deck building game I only tried because of game pass and one of my favorite games ever.

Wreckfest is a fun derby style game. I enjoyed the single player but online is a trainwreck with game breaking lag.

Yes, Your Grace is a neat, story driven indie style game.

Descenders is a game I'd never buy or play much, but fun to screw around with occasionally.

Boyfriend Dungeon was horrible liberal indoctrination, but still fun and entertaining.

Lots of racing games with Forza Horizon and Dirt and F1. MLB the Show is good. Basketball and Madden offerings suck and keep series x versions behind a paywall.

Gears Tactics was really fun and sometimes challenging. Another game I would have never played if not for Game Pass but became a favorite.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
And note that a lot of the games on Game Pass you can just stream on your console to try them real quick first, given you have the necessary connection, etc.

spronk

FPS noob
hades, mass effect legendary, dragon quest XI-S, yakuza like a dragon (think its on gamepass?), and forza horizon 5 are all excellent gamepass games

received_254105920192235.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
hades, mass effect legendary, dragon quest XI-S, yakuza like a dragon (think its on gamepass?), and forza horizon 5 are all excellent gamepass games

received_254105920192235.jpeg
I try them on xbox gamepass, buy them on playstation if they're okay.

spronk

FPS noob

Gears of War is getting a Master Chief style remaster, probably 1-4

which is odd because GOW1 runs great under BC, 60 fps and looks pretty good

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Gears of War is getting a Master Chief style remaster, probably 1-4

which is odd because GOW1 runs great under BC, 60 fps and looks pretty good
They re-mastered 1 already didn't they? Swear me and the son played through it recently.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I though they already did and put them all into one game. Started that collection and it looked pretty good, but never played any before so no point of comparison.

Fable remasters would be cool. So many old games I missed that have enjoyable remasters to finally play them. I like the trend.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
On console, try to move 7 games from internal drive to external. Oops, 3 items are already there... Now I have to try to figure out which.

Why doesn't it give me an option to delete them instead? Why no option to view and manage dual installs? Why is everything to do with storage management a pain in the ass?

Do the series x/s expansion drives just integrate as internal, or still dealing with this obnoxious two drive system?