Xbox Megathread

spronk

FPS noob
if you have M$ bux (rewards etc) xbox bundles are up direct from microsoft, $573+

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sold my PS5 and am considering an S or an X. I've heard from friends that the performance difference isn't significant.

I'm leaning S bc of the savings and I can go crazy w accessories.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Sold my PS5 and am considering an S or an X. I've heard from friends that the performance difference isn't significant.

I have both the series X and the PS5 - obviously playing different games on each, but the performance on both are phenomenal.

Still not as good as my PC, though.

Edit to add - everything I’ve read says series S is the way to go if you’re only 1080p anyway.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

They're less about performance and more about purpose. S outputs lower resolution, with similar performance in games for the most part. If playing at the highest framerates and in 4k is your priority, then you'll need an X. If that doesn't matter so much, the S is your pick.

For example Halo Infinite:

...the Xbox Series X offers a dynamic 4K picture (an average of about 1800p) in Quality Mode and a dynamic 1440p (average 1188p) in its 120 FPS Mode, while the Xbox Series S offers a locked 1080p for Quality and dynamic 1080p for its 60 FPS Mode​

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a Samsung Q90T 65" 4K QLED, but even on my PS5 I'd usually just play on the recommended settings and not try to min/max the graphics.

If it's a significant difference I'll consider the X more strongly, but if it's not then I'm not sure it's worth it for 10% better graphics.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

You'll regret it, just get the X and don't look back.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a Samsung Q90T 65" 4K QLED, but even on my PS5 I'd usually just play on the recommended settings and not try to min/max the graphics.

If it's a significant difference I'll consider the X more strongly, but if it's not then I'm not sure it's worth it for 10% better graphics.
Don't be a bitch, just get the one that's better. The cost difference isn't that crazy. Also it really does look good in 4k

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Yea, don’t be a bitch. The X is awesome!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm really pissed off that the Xbox doesn't support USB soundcards/DACs.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I watched the LTT video comparing the X and S and the X is much better in some scenarios, like when you first load in an open world screen or if you're sitting close to a large monitor bc character models can be a little fuzzier.

The S was significantly worse in games that lock in FPS and don't tune their game to dynamically balance FPS and quality. So, that's the kicker I think.

Vorph

The thing that actually kills the S is the disk space. I have one and it's perfectly fine for 1080-1440p gameplay on a PC monitor instead of a TV, but I still can't recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have a Series X and a storage expansion card to share between both consoles.

With Series X being fairly easy to find now you'd have to be batshit insane to choose the S over it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The thing that actually kills the S is the disk space. I have one and it's perfectly fine for 1080-1440p gameplay on a PC monitor instead of a TV, but I still can't recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have a Series X and a storage expansion card to share between both consoles.

With Series X being fairly easy to find now you'd have to be batshit insane to choose the S over it.

Noted.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Weird West arrived today on GamePass. I had been very intrigued by this when I saw the announcement last year, so I'm happy to see its arriving 'for free'. Its certainly a more tactical game than I had anticipated!

Crone

Already have 2 in my house so I can play with/against my son in games from PC to Xbox console, so this is fantastic.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
At any point in time we have 2-4 subs going :|

Dropping the free games from requiring it helped a bit.