Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Had to go by the UPS store today, which is right by Target, so I drove over to see if they had an X. I walked to the back and down the console aisle where they only had S's in the case. "Damn", I thought. Then a worker walked up to me and asked me if I needed help. It was weirdly perfect timing. I asked, "Do you know if you guys are getting any X's in soon?". He took a breath, held it for a split second, raised a finger and said, "I think there's one in the back. Wait here."

Three minutes later he comes back out with an X in his hand and walks directly to the counter. I say, "Holy shit dude, that's amazing!". He shrugs and says, "Yeah, it has this label on it and I have no idea what it means, so it may not let you buy it."

He rings it up. Points to the card reader. I put my card in. He prints a receipt. And ten seconds later I'm walking away with an X in a bag. "Wow. Thanks man. You're the best," I told him as I was walking off. He just sort of nodded and went on about his business.

Most wild store transaction I've ever had.

unnamed.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had to go by the UPS store today, which is right by Target, so I drove over to see if they had an X. I walked to the back and down the console aisle where they only had S's in the case. "Damn", I thought. Then a worker walked up to me and asked me if I needed help. It was weirdly perfect timing. I asked, "Do you know if you guys are getting any X's in soon?". He took a breath, held it for a split second, raised a finger and said, "I think there's one in the back. Wait here."

Three minutes later he comes back out with an X in his hand and walks directly to the counter. I say, "Holy shit dude, that's amazing!". He shrugs and says, "Yeah, it has this label on it and I have no idea what it means, so it may not let you buy it."

He rings it up. Points to the card reader. I put my card in. He prints a receipt. And ten seconds later I'm walking away with an X in a bag. "Wow. Thanks man. You're the best," I told him as I was walking off. He just sort of nodded and went on about his business.

Most wild store transaction I've ever had.

View attachment 406037
Isn't the all-access Xbox's the ones where you are supposed to have a payment plan with them?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, within a couple of hours of loading up my Series X, I can already say the experience with Ultimate Pass is over 9,000x better than PlayStation. I had both the paid services for PlayStation and they suck balls with shitty games and a shitty experience as compared to Xbox.

Super happy with my purchase.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Ultimate is awesome, as is their backward compatibility - I popped in my X360 disc for Red Dead Redemption and it began downloading the game plus the most updated graphics (xb1 era I think).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ultimate is awesome, as is their backward compatibility - I popped in my X360 disc for Red Dead Redemption and it began downloading the game plus the most updated graphics (xb1 era I think).
Their backwards compatible is arguably better than most of the PC games with mods. FPS boost makes Fallout 3 / Fallput New Vegas look jaw dropping gorgeous with zero mods.

They went in and added to the game so it’s 60 FPS 4 k.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

bought SR1 never played it and i don't think its on steam for some reason

xbox absolutely KILLS it with backwards compatibility, i 100%'d RDR1 like 2 years ago and it was a fantastic experience.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I bought a year of GamePass Ultimate for $77 with a try-hard deal on SlickDeals.net

You have to use a VPN and be in Istanbul, lol.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'd rather they delay the game a few times than release what they know is shit, like halo infinite

don't forget in a month, June 13th, MS has their own E3 equivalent briefing. Should be interesting, they have a ton of big studios who have been working on stuff for 2+ years

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem is, everything gets delayed these days and it still comes out like a steaming pile of shit. So the delays seem to mean very little and guarantee nothing.

Basically, the best thing we can all do is not look forward to anything. Have zero expectations of anything ever. Then, once every 3 years, when you find out something is good, like 3 months after it releases, buy it for sale prices or play it for free on Game Pass.

And in the meantime, you can go back to playing EQ, Dota, LOL, CSGO, Fortnite or what ever you day in day out game of choice is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The problem is, everything gets delayed these days and it still comes out like a steaming pile of shit. So the delays seem to mean very little and guarantee nothing.
Exactly it. When From Software delays something, it is because they found some things that would make the experience 50 times better but it is still a solid game.

When Bethesda delays something they cannot even get the fucking thing to stay online more than 1 minute at a time and also cannot figure out why Z-Axis flight controls don't work on a Gamebryo piece of shit engine from 2003.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's pretty consistent w/ MS's stated strategy of no console generations, etc. New hardware iterations every 4-5 years.

Sony has seemed to match that cadence but they've never really come out with a plan or vision for their consoles and ecosystem iirc.

Tide27

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As someone that doesnt really play consoles much anymore, what makes the Series X or whatever any good compared to the game pass?

Arent all the games playable on the X also on gamepass?

For example, I have gamepass on my PC and feel its a great bargain and I can play all the titles there without having to buy the machine.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
As someone that doesnt really play consoles much anymore, what makes the Series X or whatever any good compared to the game pass?

For example, I have gamepass on my PC and feel its a great bargain and I can play all the titles there without having to buy the machine.
Pretty sure there are games that are available for console that are not available for PC. Varies on what is available.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

The Series X is just the 4k/high performance option for console gaming in the MS ecosystem.

MS doesn't care where you play their games, just wants you into the ecosystem, be that via console, PC, mobile, etc. So you have access to their first party releases on PC now.

Not having a console just misses out on some third party options typically. Personally speaking that's sports games mostly... Next gen Madden, NHL, UFC aren't on PC.