You know you're getting old when.....

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Listened to their new album and I don't think I like Metallica anymore, grew up with it, many concerts etc. Never thought I would not want to listen to any song, even the old stuff I find myself skipping the song when they come on.

The Grinch GIF by NBC

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds to me like you have evolved, a sure sign of aging! :)

Just looked up their current stuff and have to say it isn't too bad...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Think my near sight vision is the reverse of (TM) Brahma Brahma Vision. Got some 2.5x magnification reading glasses and its like I was born again when reading my phone/tablet.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You think twice about having sex with a woman because you don't want to put up with her bullshit.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like all new cars are way too complicated with electric hybrid stuff, stupid touchscreens and driving automation features I don't care to pay for. I always ragged on boomers who didn't want anything that didn't have a carb on it. Maybe I'm becoming the same, just with 90s/2000s cars.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overhear person who you identify as old say the age of their parents, and it's almost ten years younger than your own parents

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've caught myself more than once proudly talking about working through college, paying with that money plus money that I had saved up to that point.

At the time, boomers did same but was with income from just summer jobs

I paid 38k for all four years. Same school is like that much for two semesters now

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I feel like all new cars are way too complicated with electric hybrid stuff, stupid touchscreens and driving automation features I don't care to pay for. I always ragged on boomers who didn't want anything that didn't have a carb on it. Maybe I'm becoming the same, just with 90s/2000s cars.

Speaking of this shit. My new GTI has all the driving assists and you can't turn them off. Occassionally it'll think you're going to hit a car, like if they are turning off a road, and it will flash and make a beeping noise. Today it slammed on the breaks at 80mph. You can't turn it off either, it re-enables at a certain speed, shit is dangerous.

Also, the radar cruise control is dogshit, I've reduced the range to the minimum but if a car is a football field away it slows down to match their speed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Speaking of this shit. My new GTI has all the driving assists and you can't turn them off. Occassionally it'll think you're going to hit a car, like if they are turning off a road, and it will flash and make a beeping noise. Today it slammed on the breaks at 80mph. You can't turn it off either, it re-enables at a certain speed, shit is dangerous.

Also, the radar cruise control is dogshit, I've reduced the range to the minimum but if a car is a football field away it slows down to match their speed.

I had to turn all that shit off on my wife's '22 Subaru. Fucking thing yells and beeps at me if I "take my eyes off the road" aka look at a sign for 1.2 seconds. Or sometimes it'll freak out about sensing a line in the road or whatever telling me to keep it in the lines when I'm not even close to one.

https://media.tenor.com/uedZkSOswBoAAAAC/fuckingthingsucks-bill-o-reilly.gif

The radar cruise control is fucking awesome in it, though. Sounds like Volkswagen just sucks some Kraut dick. :D

Also I know I'm getting old because apparently I don't know how to embed a god damn gif on this site anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
when you consider putting your computer w/ 8 harddrives (heavy) on your glass desk instead of on the floor, b/c knealing down to work on it is making too many popping and squeeling sounds.

from your knees

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My nephew came to visit. Took him to lunch. While driving he asked me why I keep moving the stick in my MANUAL car. He had no idea what a stick shift was. I then proceeded for 5 minutes to explain to him how a clutch worked.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Fucker

Log Wizard
yea i did a few sff builds b4, i still have the cases i'm pretty sure (the kind that are flat to blend in w/ your audio equipment), never again, my old ass would probably die b/c i cant clot good no more from all the case scraps
It is at the opposite end to SFF.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Corsair Air 540 is still probably the easiest case I've ever built in.

1680298537246.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users