You know you're getting old when.....

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I used to think that sleep was a waste of time when I was younger. Now it's one of the best ways to spend my time.
Fuuuuck, I miss when I was going through puberty, while swimming 4+ hours a day, and would have those massive 16 hour sleeping streaks over the weekend. These days, I'm lucky if I go 4 hours without waking up, then struggle to fall back to sleep. Also, having to piss 2-3+ times a night. Now, baby waking up every 30-45 minutes some nights. Fuck. Sleep is the ultimate commodity.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was me before I went for a 'sleep study' and found I have sleep apnea. Once I get hooked up to my CPAP I sleep a solid 7-8 hours without waking up/peeing until the morning.

Seriously anyone doing that, check it out its a game changer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was me before I went for a 'sleep study' and found I have sleep apnea. Once I get hooked up to my CPAP I sleep a solid 7-8 hours without waking up/peeing until the morning.

Seriously anyone doing that, check it out its a game changer.

No thanks, wouldn't want that in my medical records. Makes it really hard to get life insurance and some health/LTC.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's no way I could sleep with anything attached to my face. :( I toss and turn from allergies, so I'd need shots for that on top of things. Though honestly at this point with an almost maxed out HSA I really don't know what's stopping me from seeing doctors for this shit. Mostly the consumption of PTO when I need to save up what I have left for baby appointments, I guess...

Last edited:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well at least he got a good 8 hours uninterrupted sleep!

facehugger.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No thanks, wouldn't want that in my medical records. Makes it really hard to get life insurance and some health/LTC.

This is false. I've never been asked. Because if they did ask about it, the only thing they'd care about is if you're wearing your CPAP.

I didn't think I'd be able to get to sleep with mine either. So when I got it, I sat on the couch with it and watched TV until I got used to it. I slept the entire night through from the first night.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is false. I've never been asked. Because if they did ask about it, the only thing they'd care about is if you're wearing your CPAP.

I didn't think I'd be able to get to sleep with mine either. So when I got it, I sat on the couch with it and watched TV until I got used to it. I slept the entire night through from the first night.

OK, perhaps you haven't actually had your medical history looked into. I happen to be in life insurance, investments, and health/LTC. I run a 34 person marketing firm. Apnea can be a straight up decline for most people and IF you use your CPAP, then you can get coverage at a higher cost.

But, we're not here to argue. Glad it helps. I had breathing issues for over a decade and just had nose surgery to clear things up.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess you're saying they just had the medical history there and didn't need to ask me about it? I'll concede that because I wouldn't know if that's happening.

I was about to get nose surgery at one time, then I lost my job. The new job was in a different state and the new doctor didn't think the surgery would do any good. Like, the previous doctor was just straight up lying to me or something based on the looks I got when I explained to her what the last doctor had said. Anyway, with the new doctor I figured out I'm basically just allergic to everything (except cedar and mouse) and started treating that.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When you ask your much younger wife if she saw Peter Fonda's tweet about Trump's son and she says she did but doesn't know who Peter Fonda is. I say Henry Fonda's son. She says who? I say Jane Fonda's brother. She says oh, I have heard of her. Hanoi Jane, right?

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
When you ask your much younger wife if she saw Peter Fonda's tweet about Trump's son and she says she did but doesn't know who Peter Fonda is. I say Henry Fonda's son. She says who? I say Jane Fonda's brother. She says oh, I have heard of her. Hanoi Jane, right?

Is she an Asian named Too Young?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When 9pm seems like a reasonable time to go to bed. Also, I woke up and was active by 8am this Saturday and Sunday. What the fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When 9pm seems like a reasonable time to go to bed. Also, I woke up and was active by 8am this Saturday and Sunday. What the fuck.

I wake up at 6:45 consistently now.. 7 days a week. On weekends I usually go take a piss and then go back to bed and go back to sleep, which luckily I can still do. On the other hand, living in Texas if you're going to get anything outdoors done during the summer you actually LOVE that you wake up inordinately early, then just take a nap inside during the heat of the day like I did today. Got up stupid early, got the wife and I some breakfast from Whataburger, then proceeded to clean out my workshop and part of my garage. Even getting all this done before noon it was oppressively hot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm weird. I've been driving with my windows down now that's its oppressively hot. Texas summers make my joints feel fanfuckingtastic. Fuck actually doing anything in the heat, though.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
When you have a doctor's appointment to get a camera shoved up your dickhole because you piss like a showerhead instead of like a garden hose.

• 5Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
On weekends I usually go take a piss and then go back to bed and go back to sleep

I do this on weekdays, and I'm chronically late to work. I'd be so fucked if I punched a time clock.