You know you're getting old when.....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I see a picture of a woman's leg and a woman's armpit above.

Edit: I make allowances for the military and people who work in jobs where beards can actually cause death or serious injury.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As a now doughy fatass who used to do physical labor, what arthritis cream do you use? the fingers in my dominant hand have been pretty painful and tight lately.
I just grabbed some CVS brand stuff last week before a round of golf. Worked great though. I took 3 ibuprofen, the cream, a couple Coors Lights, and a few puffs of some hash oil and I was loose as a goose for the whole round!

Rime

<Donor>
Bad kidneys run in the family (thankfully, no diabetes), so lately, as I creep on 40, I am running into issues with Gout in the foot I had busted in an accident.

Holy frell. It is the second worst pain I have ever felt. First being passing a kidney stone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just grabbed some CVS brand stuff last week before a round of golf. Worked great though. I took 3 ibuprofen, the cream, a couple Coors Lights, and a few puffs of some hash oil and I was loose as a goose for the whole round!

Now I'm wondering if the cream does anything lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Bad kidneys run in the family (thankfully, no diabetes), so lately, as I creep on 40, I am running into issues with Gout in the foot I had busted in an accident.

Holy frell. It is the second worst pain I have ever felt. First being passing a kidney stone.

I've had a few kidney stones. Needed surgery for my last one. First few urinations after surgery were like horrific kool-aid coming out. Removal of the stent was surreal.

Gout feels like really bad burning?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had a few kidney stones. Needed surgery for my last one. First few urinations after surgery were like horrific kool-aid coming out. Removal of the stent was surreal.

Gout feels like really bad burning?

Burning when you're not walking, stabbing pain when you are. It gets very sensitive if you have a bad flareup, enough I'd be willing to cut my foot off.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
The old, medieval pictures of it get it on point.

It feels like something is chewing/eating the inside of your foot/joint/wherever it is (You can get it in your big toe - most common, heel, ankles, elbows, fingers, even knees). I guess burning is close? But burning on the surface, with the pins/needles of the meat being asleep, and a pulsing toothache in the joint.

Bad flares are so intense that a gentle breeze touching the area is sheer agony.

Walking on it feels like bone-grinding-on-bone due to how swollen the entire area of a flare is.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
people hating people on forum is amusing to me and I am thinking, "fuck, I am too old for this shit rofl."

Crimson

Peasant
I yell out my window to the neighbors to turn down their damn music. angry-grumpy-old-man-shaking-his-fist-at-the-world-AKMH7E.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I got seriously winded playing soccer with my kids today. I'm not awesome, but I've always been able to keep up. One of my oldest is getting some money for college to play on their soccer team, but I've coached her for years. Obviously I'm better and faster, right?

Turns out not so much.

My oldest is kicking my ass in soccer. My middle and youngest are starting to kick my ass in hockey.

I'm old, bros.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You finish your work week and think to yourself.. "Hell yeah, tomorrow's Saturday and I have nothing planned, I'm sleeping in at late as I want" Then....

You're up at 8:45.

What's worse?
But you still still consider that sleeping in...

... you remember the first 20 cent piece you ever saw (for pocket money), the day that Australia switched to decimal currency.

The local Bowling Alley was just a 5 minute walk from home. Fond memories of that regular Saturday afternoon pilgrimage, and my favorite pinball machine, "Williams Lucky Strike" was waiting patiently for me once again. It was 10 cents for 1 game, or 20 cent for 3, and I was usually good enough to extract 3 to 4 hours of pure enjoyment out of that single coin.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I've been going increasingly bald for the better part of a decade. I'm into the "it's finally time to just shave it with a razor" territory.

Fucking genetics.
I'm fighting that fight sir. Also thinning since my 20's. Almost 50 now. I give myself about 5 more desperate years.

When the time finally arrives gents, remember...

"God only made a few perfect heads. On the rest he put hair." (Author Unknown)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You know you're getting old when you have a bump of discretionary income to go do some "minor luxury" shopping with. What do you immediately think of? New guns? Nope. H&B? Nope.

You immediately think about that really comfy ass recliner you want for the TV room...

• 1Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
You finish your work week and think to yourself.. "Hell yeah, tomorrow's Saturday and I have nothing planned, I'm sleeping in at late as I want" Then....

You're up at 8:45.
You're upset by that time?
6:30am is a sleeping for me with 2 young kids and its 11:20pm now .. Fuuu
Also back to shaving... If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got 2 mums. I hope all you shavers had a lovely mothers day. ;)

I'm feeling old, I'm 42 this year and I've noticed I've stopped healing quickly.. Elbows hurt from straining them bloody 4 months ago.. I have a mostly office jib now which doesn't help and I'm finding it really hard to get comfortable with all my injuries..

• 1Smuggly

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're upset by that time?
6:30am is a sleeping for me with 2 young kids and its 11:20pm now .. Fuuu
Also back to shaving... If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got 2 mums. I hope all you shavers had a lovely mothers day. ;)

I'm feeling old, I'm 42 this year and I've noticed I've stopped healing quickly.. Elbows hurt from straining them bloody 4 months ago.. I have a mostly office jib now which doesn't help and I'm finding it really hard to get comfortable with all my injuries..

I'm manlier than half the guys I meet with beards. It's not like it takes much, just don't shave.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users