You know you're getting old when.....

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
When you not only know what these are but have fond memories of them.

rrr_img_56124.jpg
Damn, I used to have this one back in the day. Knew I was getting old.
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When you realize that Nirvana's "Nevermind" is older now than the Beatles "Sgt Peppers" was when Nevermind came out.
Some quick math says that won't happen for about another year.

Still though...

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
When your kids start refering to the time you were a kid as "the olden times" (e.g. Daddy's phone used to have a CORD and they used to have to STAY IN THE HOUSE WITH IT; you know, it was all like that IN THE OLDEN TIMES!)

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
....when you start thinking about how many more years you have until you retire and it's less than the number or years you've spent working at the same company.

....when you stop worrying about the grey hair and just wish you had hair.

....when you realize you only have a few more years until your mortgage is payed off.

....when you remember seeing the original Star Wars in the theater, and no, not the rerelease from the 25th anniversary.

...when your wife mentions she had a discussion about menopause with her doctor...again.

...when you realize George Carlin was right about so many things.

Fuck I'm old.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When you remember having to actually get of your ass to change the channel.
When you remember hitting a turbo button on your computer to go a blazing fast 4 mhz.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
God bless Louisiana, not raising the age to 21 until 1996. Damn, I could have been drinking there at 18 had I known(turned 18 in 1995)
I was going to mention them. I'd moved out by then, but I don't see how that new law holds water. Louisiana's drinking age being 18 was a result of a constitutional amendment that prevented age discrimination. As long as a person was an adult, you could not discriminate against them.

Actually, are you sure it wasn't 97 or 98? I didn't leave the state till 97, and I thought it happened after I left.

When you remember hitting a turbo button on your computer to go a blazing fast 4 mhz.
The turbo button was awesome. It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to run their computers at a slower speed now. But back in those days, some games would run too fast and be unplayable if you didn't turn off turbo.

- When you have to describe what Netscape, Napster, and AOL were.
- When you remember playing Nintendo (or in my case, Super Nintendo) and still thinking they had some of the "best games".
- When you get that nagging feeling in the back of your head that you're "too old to wear that".

rrr_img_56253.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When you didn't read a post correctly and feel like a fool when your mistake was pointed out.

He said the last time the drinking age was UNDER 18 guys. Not 18 or over.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
When you have the same amount of beard-hair but it takes FOURever to shave it all off. I swear it's hair natural selection at work. After killing off the other hairs, only the toughest, thickest ones survive. As I get older I get more and more mutant hairs that look like 20 hairs all bundled into one. Gross.