1) FUCKIN' DEADWOOD - And it's not close
2) The Wire
3) Game of Thrones
4) Breaking Bad
5) The Simpsons
6) Justified
7) Mad Men
8) Rome

I think I'm going to stop there. I feel like anything else I put on the list would just be tacked on to make it to 10 and wouldn't really be in the same class with those 8 although I almost added Firefly. I still haven't seen The Sopranos.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  1. BSG
  2. Firefly
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. True Detective
  5. Quantum Leap
  6. X-Files
  7. Deep Space 9
  8. TNG
  9. House MD

and lastly:
  10. DuckTales

joz123

Potato del Grande
No order:

Married with Children
Simpsons
Stargate SG:1
Six Feet Under
The League
Modern Family
Seinfeld
Impractical Jokers
MXC
Iron Chef (Japan)

The Master

Bronze Squire
I'm curious if the people not listing The Wire have watched it. I can see why it wouldn't make the list for some people, but I'm just curious if it isn't making the list or isn't in the running.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious if the people not listing The Wire have watched it. I can see why it wouldn't make the list for some people, but I'm just curious if it isn't making the list or isn't in the running.
I watched Season 1. I learned everything I needed to know about black people and stopped.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not in the running, in my case. I don't ever even remember seeing a commercial for it. I thought it was a movie with goldie hawn.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because the list isfavoriteshows, not necessarily best. The Wire is great, obviously, but I'd much rather re-watch Deadwood.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Six that I can think of off the top of my head. I'll order them once I reach 10.

The League
Flight Of The Conchords
Trailer Park Boys
Breaking Bad
Berserk

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No order:

Married with Children
Simpsons
Stargate SG:1
Six Feet Under
The League
Modern Family
Seinfeld
Impractical Jokers
MXC
Iron Chef (Japan)
I already gave my list, but you just made me realize that there is no show that I can think of that makes me laugh so hard that I am crying on a consistent basis besides Impractical Jokers. Occasionally they have some misses, but by and large that is the flat out funniest show I can think of. With MXC, which you listed, being an honorable mention.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well, if you'd ever need a reason why good TV shows get axed nowadays, it's because of people thinking The Big Bang Theory / The Walking Dead are their favourite TV shows. Profit, Rome, Deadwood, Carnivale, Firefly, Rubicon, Boss ? Nah, let's stick to computer generated sitcom and awful drama.
Since half your "good shows" listed are premium channel shows, you make a pretty stupid point considered premium channels offer almost no sitcoms and certainly aren't cancelling their dramas in favor of them.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Always tough to list stuff like this but I'll give it a go:

1. X-Files
2. Magnum PI
3. Star Blazers ( ok bit of nostalgia there)
4. Deadwood
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. Carnivale
7. Veronica Mars
8. Chuck
9. Firefly
10. Lovejoy ( a underrated classic)

Never wached the Wire but assuming its a harder version of Homicide life on the streets? Which was pretty good back in the day.

Szlia

I am surprised to see so many mentions of Carnivale. I watched the whole thing but it did not even go nowhere fast, it went nowhere slowly. The cast is also not very exciting other than Clancy 'The Kurgan' Brown turning it up to 11.