YouTube's War on Ad Blockers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Vivaldi with UO, NoScript, and Privacy Badger is working still for me, although people have been saying Privacy Badger is now redundant and not needed. It may be the case that the YT block is not rolled out for Vivaldi yet, or UO updated late in the day today?

Just in case it matters, here is my NoScript:

Here are the only youtube items in my custom blocks on UO, don't remember what, if anything, they are doing:
Code:
! 3/10/2020 YouTube[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]www.youtube.com##.ytd-popup-container.style-scope > .ytd-popup-container.style-scope
Code:
! 2023-10-13 YouTube[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]www.youtube.com##.opened

I'm using Vivaldi, I matched your settings and added those lines but nothing. Still blocked.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm using Vivaldi, I matched your settings and added those lines but nothing. Still blocked.
Weird, I just loaded up 10 or so videos in a row w/o an issue. We are both in DFW, so it shouldn't be regional, maybe ISP related? You have a VPN you could use to jump around IP addresses (Mullvad is a good and cheap one)? There were other solutions earlier in the thread you could go back and try too, maybe.

Other than that, I guess you could try Privacy Badger. But it's blocking the same stuff UO and NoScript are picking up:
Capture.PNG

Hekotat

Weird, I just loaded up 10 or so videos in a row w/o an issue. We are both in DFW, so it shouldn't be regional, maybe ISP related? You have a VPN you could use to jump around IP addresses (Mullvad is a good and cheap one)? There were other solutions earlier in the thread you could go back and try too, maybe.

Other than that, I guess you could try Privacy Badger. But it's blocking the same stuff UO and NoScript are picking up:
View attachment 501488

It's possible that I don't know what I'm doing as well. I've always ran Ublock but never tinkered with it, it worked fine and I never had to. Noscript is new to me and maybe I fucked something up trying to get Youtube to work.

It kind of sucks but I'm almost to the point that I don't care. The only thing I really watch on Youtube is Why Files and Fortnine for the most part.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Can't believe you guys are still having issues. Brave on my computer and on my phone. I'm watching chess videos all day long and I still haven't seen a single ad since this rollout started, nor any difference in behavior.

Get a non shit browser.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't care about people using ad blockers or pirating, but when they act like it's total bullshit for a business to have an actual business model they do look like fucking retards
I didn't mind the adds but when they started ramping them up they have gotten annoying. They flat out said we are going to keep ramping adds up more and more until you have to subscribe. Fuck that and them.

Multiple ads breaks in a 10min video. Then they have the balls to want 21bucks a month. Hope their servers catch aids.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I didn't mind the adds but when they started ramping them up they have gotten annoying. They flat out said we are going to keep ramping adds up more and more until you have to subscribe. Fuck that and them.

Multiple ads breaks in a 10min video. Then they have the balls to want 21bucks a month. Hope their servers catch aids.

Getting a Biden ad every single time I watch a video is getting extremely irritating

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

Can't believe you guys are still having issues. Brave on my computer and on my phone. I'm watching chess videos all day long and I still haven't seen a single ad since this rollout started, nor any difference in behavior.

Get a non shit browser.

Vivaldi kicks ass, I can live without youtube.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vivaldi kicks ass, I can live without youtube.
I've been using Vivaldi with Ublock Origin for many years now and have never seen an ad in YouTube or gotten a warning from this new retarded policy. My Pi-hole / Unbound server is even offline at the moment while I completely redesign my network stuff and nothing changed.

Hekotat

I've been using Vivaldi with Ublock Origin for many years now and have never seen an ad in YouTube or gotten a warning from this new retarded policy. My Pi-hole / Unbound server is even offline at the moment while I completely redesign my network stuff and nothing changed.

I wonder why mine is just fucking off then.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What's crazy is 1 day it will block me and then another day everything is fine with no ads. Almost like youtube can't make up its mind

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What's crazy is 1 day it will block me and then another day everything is fine with no ads. Almost like youtube can't make up its mind

They're probably gauging your reaction to threats. At this point I doubt they actually want people to stop watching.

Hekotat

I figured it out for Vivaldi users. With Ublock Origin installed you have to go into Vivaldi and turn off the built in blocker, now I can watch videos without issue.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone now getting this black screen "seems you are not connected to the internet"

i have to refresh and it goes away

(obviously my shit is always on, just more skeevy youtube)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Had this issue here in Australia. If I have adblock+ on, and/or return dislikes, possibly Ghostery -- I get slammed with the three strikes bullshit. I just use Brave.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
uBlock Origin & Noscript was working great for weeks, but just today stopped working again for youtube, back to the below.

I think they're getting back into the arms race - constant updates and patches to one-up each other.

1701892865006.png

I hate using different browsers for different sites. I prefer Firefox, but have to use Edge for netflix to get 1080p, the last thing I want to do is install yet another browser just to browse one site.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
uBlock Origin & Noscript was working great for weeks, but just today stopped working again for youtube, back to the below.

I think they're getting back into the arms race - constant updates and patches to one-up each other.

View attachment 503294

I hate using different browsers for different sites. I prefer Firefox, but have to use Edge for netflix to get 1080p, the last thing I want to do is install yet another browser just to browse one site.
Stick with firefox and ublock. Just use the New Private Window option for anything you want to do on Youtube. Just don't log in to your account in that browser window.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
UBO did move to auto 6 hour updates instead of 12, YT might update in the morning but it will be blocked by the afternoon