Zaara's Tattoo Artist Thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, I have tattooed a penis. Great guy, wonderful client, been working on him since the start of my career, another girl and I have been filling in his body suit the last 4 years. She did the lion’s share on his piece but he’s got both of our artist signatures on it.

Randy Randerson is a gift from god

4d847a711af4e98ba6c708824f3f8ab7f76f7b70.jpg
Some of those bits remind me of King Ink in the Mirage in Las Vegas. Years back it was the first time I went into a tattoo parlor with a full bar and loud music. Was a unique experience.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont worry all you guys with 90s tribal. Its some how coming back in style again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Zaara Zaara
I've been playing with an idea for a tattoo.
I'm thinking maybe on my lower leg... imagine a couple of lines that go around the leg and then in the space between them I would want to incrementally add stuff, like maybe starting with one symbol and then keep adding to it over time, once the symbols go all around the leg we get a new line and more space for more symbols.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining my thoughts correctly, but...

Is this realistic? or dumb?
The idea here is that I would like to add symbols after achieving certain goals, so like a growing tatoo where each symbol has its own personal meaning to me.

I think we know what you mean.

image.png.ed03da681c4255821ae9f37d64cec5ba.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I always wanted to get into tattoos. My first tattoo was printed out on paper and pasted on my skin and then it was tattooed in. I thought if I became good at computer graphics, I could always be a print, paste and tattoo kind of guy.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always wanted to be a major league baseball player. My first game I saw the first and second baseman throwing the ball to each other in between innings. I thought if I became good at throwing the ball like that, I could always become a mvp kind of guy.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
1 - 1.5 year unpaid apprenticeship and/or 2k-3k if you like getting assfucked by 'tat schools' and predatory shop owners that run apprentice mills as a secondary income
300-500$ power supply, 120 pedal, 1000-1.5k for machine/kit, 12$ per ink with 20 bottles on a 2 year rotation, 1k/yr for bags/material/PPE/transfer paper, 600-1k/yr liability insurance, LLC fee, 120-200/yr licensing, 150-500/yr accounting, 75-100 for yearly BBP/CPR, 1-2k needles (2$ per), shop percentage is anywhere from 60%-30% your generated income yearly

45 hr x 50 w x 2-3 yr to get to the point where you can tattoo anywhere or anything and have intrinsic knowledge and tactile appreciation of how to apply color, shading, line weight with zero extra trauma

bottom 70% are people having to tattoo on couches/look for clients on FB/using cheap material and supply/turning out bammer tats because they have mental illness/a drug problem, using cheap Chinese-manufactured machines and needles that literally make it impossible to do good tattoos

Legislators pushing the idea of 'tat school' puppy mills as part of mandatory process in certain states
Price gouging as all the major manufacturers and distributors get bought by holding companies/the Chinese
All 'successful' sponsored artists required to edit pictures to brand 'standard', ie. selling out for corporate piggy bucks, where the best thing you can do for your career is tattoo someone famous or price yourself into the luxury market (ie. the faggot that tattooed david beckham going 500-600/hr, guys charging 40k for a single sleeve)
Highest number of scratchers/unlicensed working ever, with 50k mouthbreathers tatting out of basements to dodge licensing/shop constraints, diluting the market and simultaneously fucking the market when people get turned off from tattoos by getting mangled by cretins
Highest number of shops some with 10-15 artists, with 10-50 shops in any major metro area
Highest number of private studios operating to date
Convention culture up in flames because its no longer economically feasible to travel/tattoo fulltime unless you're 250+/hr (you will never be worth that much)
150/hr standard to 'get by' where monkeys with 2 yrs experience cry and shit their pants that they can only book 1-2 tats a week at prices our largest target market (bammer tat chicks/poors) can no longer afford
Photoshop/Procreate proficiency is not an option
Don't forget you have zero market competitiveness if you got the idea that it's just 'print and stick'
Going up against people who have been in the industry for 10-20 years

consider taking up crochet instead

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
1 - 1.5 year unpaid apprenticeship and/or 2k-3k if you like getting assfucked by 'tat schools' and predatory shop owners that run apprentice mills as a secondary income
300-500$ power supply, 120 pedal, 1000-1.5k for machine/kit, 12$ per ink with 20 bottles on a 2 year rotation, 1k/yr for bags/material/PPE/transfer paper, 600-1k/yr liability insurance, LLC fee, 120-200/yr licensing, 150-500/yr accounting, 75-100 for yearly BBP/CPR, 1-2k needles (2$ per), shop percentage is anywhere from 60%-30% your generated income yearly

45 hr x 50 w x 2-3 yr to get to the point where you can tattoo anywhere or anything and have intrinsic knowledge and tactile appreciation of how to apply color, shading, line weight with zero extra trauma

bottom 70% are people having to tattoo on couches/look for clients on FB/using cheap material and supply/turning out bammer tats because they have mental illness/a drug problem, using cheap Chinese-manufactured machines and needles that literally make it impossible to do good tattoos

Legislators pushing the idea of 'tat school' puppy mills as part of mandatory process in certain states
Price gouging as all the major manufacturers and distributors get bought by holding companies/the Chinese
All 'successful' sponsored artists required to edit pictures to brand 'standard', ie. selling out for corporate piggy bucks, where the best thing you can do for your career is tattoo someone famous or price yourself into the luxury market (ie. the faggot that tattooed david beckham going 500-600/hr, guys charging 40k for a single sleeve)
Highest number of scratchers/unlicensed working ever, with 50k mouthbreathers tatting out of basements to dodge licensing/shop constraints, diluting the market and simultaneously fucking the market when people get turned off from tattoos by getting mangled by cretins
Highest number of shops some with 10-15 artists, with 10-50 shops in any major metro area
Highest number of private studios operating to date
Convention culture up in flames because its no longer economically feasible to travel/tattoo fulltime unless you're 250+/hr (you will never be worth that much)
150/hr standard to 'get by' where monkeys with 2 yrs experience cry and shit their pants that they can only book 1-2 tats a week at prices our largest target market (bammer tat chicks/poors) can no longer afford
Photoshop/Procreate proficiency is not an option
Don't forget you have zero market competitiveness if you got the idea that it's just 'print and stick'
Going up against people who have been in the industry for 10-20 years

consider taking up crochet instead
What's that saying... Don't tell people your dreams, so they can't shoot them down..?

Lol I've shadowed tattoo artists before. It's cool. I knew good talent too. Baseball teams would fly in to get tattooed by my guys. Tattoos are cool. I just figured I could become good at Photoshop and paste and ink tattoos. I've seen it done before with really good results. Like my tattoo right here. I did the art myself, my tattoo buddy printed it and pasted it on and inked it in.

iWUISjI.jpg