Zaara's Tattoo Artist Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Zaara Zaara is slacking on creating a Tattoo artist thread, so I'm going to lend a hand and prime the pot

The younger ones are definitely having a problem with it. I communicate with clients almost exclusively through text and some of them have really large difficulties making themselves understood. What blows my mind is the 1:1 translation of their inner voice to whatever they're trying to tell me, so sometimes I get run on sentences of 'so like it comes down and maybe has like this part that goes below my arm big but not like too big like normal size etc etc etc' No actual clear or obtainable information, no specificity, 90% of the time asking for me to just trace something that they got off a first-page Google Images search or off of Pinterest.

I used to get mad about those kind of people but I stopped engaging with it emotionally a while back. If the person seems to have a modicum of attention or understanding I take the time to try and talk them out of stupid ideas or extremely popular designs, though sometimes being subtle about it flies right over their head (you'd think being told that a tattoo artist has done the same exact design 5-6 times in the last two years would give them pause, but nope.) So if they barrel on through being stubborn, fine. Whatever. Get your laser-printed copy of the same stupid design 3 other bitches working down at Wallyworld have, and gtfo.

Another annoying one is the idiot kids that lie to you on the phone to get in the door. Boys and girls alike, it seems to be common to the ones under 25. Most recent one was a kid calling for a walk-in asking to get his father's handwriting tattooed on his thigh. I ask him how long the sample is and he says five lines. Yeah. More like fifteen lines, when he shows up. Fifteen lines of bubble font that he wants upside down on his leg, because he wants the full death note from his father in totality, including such inspiring lines as 'Im dying slowly' and 'don't live like i did.' Oh, and its a picture of the note, not the actual note, so have fun photoshopping the lines to be straight and readable because ya boy took a picture of it at a 45 degree angle in a dark room.

"I told you I had an hour to do this."
(Him, sweating) "Yeah"
"This isn't five lines," say I. "This is one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight--"
"O-oh, well uh, I mean"
"Nine, ten, eleven...."

What is the fucking point of lying to your technician, no matter who it is or what they're doing for you? I could be working on your fucking car. You don't start a business arrangement on a lie.

Nope. I’ve gotten shit for being ‘uppity’ but there is no reason for me to do certain tattoos, stranger butthole tattoos included. That isn’t to say I haven’t done other genital/chocolate valley tattoos but I have to know you, have worked with you before, etc. Gated content.

I’d be down to have a tattoo story thread because I’ve got yarns aplenty. Unfortunately got to hold off, because Foler is a faggot :)

Get going, Zaara Zaara ! We want to read your daily work blog.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
26fd9f5474f4fd51fc90eeb4f333dda4.jpg

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I had to! ROFL. Amod can move these posts if this thread actually takes off instead of getting Rickshawed.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whats the Zaara / Foler connection I'm missing here? I've had that jackass on ignore for over a year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There isn't really anything to clarify, it's a settled matter. I don't want to derail this thread before it gets started.
Doesn't seem like Zaara has any real plans to participate, and I don't blame her. Creep central up in this bitch just salivating over the possibility of her accidentally doxxing herself in one of her posts.

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Doesn't seem like Zaara has any real plans to participate, and I don't blame her. Creep central up in this bitch just salivating over the possibility of her accidentally doxxing herself in one of her posts.

I can't blame anyone for being cautious about going in to detail about work like this, which is fairly unique to each person. She did reserve a post though, so maybe she is planning on participating. There is also a tattoo thread in screenshots. We'll keep an eye on things here in case the creeps come out in force.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I didn't even know Z was female when I made the thread, so I'm oblivious to whatever drama this is all about

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
An alleged female. We haven't seen tits yet.

• 1Worf