12 year olds stab friend to prove Slender Man is real

Silence_sl

shitlord
They couldn't have been very serious, for-realzies stabs, or else the girl would have been dead or certainly unable to crawl away for help. They probably weren't actually trying to murder her.
Yes, because stabbing someone 20 times is just making pretend!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
these girls tried to take a life. it wasnt accidental, it wasnt playtime. the kids knew what knives do, they knew they were intending to kill that girl. both these girls need to be put in a hole and leave them there til their 30s. when they get out they will have missed their teens and 20s and will have limited time to procreate. thats good enough IMO.

Fyro

Golden Squire
I have a very hard time with the notion of charging these two as adults.

They are 12.

The crime is heinous, disgusting, and evil. That doesn't change the fact that these are kids, they are 12, they are not adults. These are 6th or 7th graders we are talking about. We do not know the circumstances except for what our lovely media has shit-fired into our ever-eager gullets.

What's the point of a juvenile court if we just determine if the crime is adult or juvenile depending on its severity.

Some of you hardcore mofos talking about locking these kids up for the rest of their lives are delusional. We should all take a step back and not jump the gun on this.

Edit - Just as a hypothetical - at what age can one simply not be tried as an adult. If a 6 year old knows that guns/knives kill, and attempts to shoot/stab someone, is this child ready to be tried as an adult? How about an 8 year old, 10 year old? Where is the magic line?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You have one kid that says they do not feel any remorse for the killing. What does that sound like? A sociopath. Lock the cunt up and let her get scissored to death.

joz123

Potato del Grande
To the people that think they shouldn't be tried as adults: If they actually killed the girl, would you think differently? Either way their intention was to murder the girl, they just didn't succeed and ended up hurting her really bad. They need to be put away for a long time and get some help while they are in the slammer.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
To the people that think they shouldn't be tried as adults: If they actually killed the girl, would you think differently? Either way their intention was to murder the girl, they just didn't succeed and ended up hurting her really bad. They need to be put away for a long time and get some help while they are in the slammer.
No, the point is they are 12 and not fully adults. Just like the 4 year-old who shot his dad and is wondering what happened to him, they are not developed enough to be tried in the adult system. The adult criminal justice system is dumb anyway.

You guys saying we should execute them are still blowing my mind.
Since 1990, only nine countries have executed offenders aged under 18 years at the time of their crime. These are thePeople's Republic of China(PRC),Democratic Republic of the Congo,Iran,Nigeria,Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Sudan, theUnited StatesandYemen.
We're keeping great company.
Researchers found that juveniles housed in adult facilities are
  • 5 times more likely to be sexually assaulted than youth held in juvenile detention centers[35]
  • 2 times more likely to be beaten by staff than youth held in juvenile detention centers[35]
  • 4.6 times more likely to commit suicide than the general adolescent population[36]
  • 7.7 times more likely to commit suicide than adolescents in juvenile detention centers[36]
Additionally, juveniles who witness violence during incarceration, which is more likely in adult facilities, are less likely to be deterred from future crime.[16]
Youth convicted as adults are at a greater risk of assault and death in adult jails and prisons
My point is that I'd like for everyone to realize that they are children, and act accordingly. Let's find out what truly happened, let's find out why it happened, and let's see if we can help them. If in fact they are Omen kids then keep them away from the rest of the population, and maybe learn something to recognize these traits in other kids and/or prevent them from happening.

If we want to go all hardcore Rage, then try their parents, because that is who is ultimately responsible for them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They did worse than kill the other kid, they ruined her for the rest of her life. She will likely never trust another human being again. Try them as adults. Why are people making excuses for them? Juvenile courts are for crimes that are committedbecausethey are kids, not in spite of.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, the point is they are 12 and not fully adults. Just like the 4 year-old who shot his dad and is wondering what happened to him, they are not developed enough to be tried in the adult system. The adult criminal justice system is dumb anyway.
the kid who shot his dad, did not intend to kill him. and he was 4, thats a lot less developed than a 12 year old especially two 12 year olds who plotted to kill another girl and almost did.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
the kid who shot his dad, did not intend to kill him. and he was 4, thats a lot less developed than a 12 year old especially two 12 year olds who plotted to kill another girl and almost did.
I understand that, and 12 is not as developed as 18, which is an adult. They cannot vote, drive, join the army, buy cigarettes, decide who they can have sex with, if they have to go to school or not, or anything else that only adults can do. If you think 12 years old understand enough about the world to vote, drink, and fuck, then let's do that before we start killing them for retribution or locking them up for life.
Not only that, they are sure as hell not competent enough to understand the court process, which is another reason for the juvenile court system.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about any of you slow developing retards but I certainly knew killing someone was wrong by 7th grade.

Guys we are not talking about kids playing around with knives that accidentally stabbed their friend. They plotted for 4 months and tried to hide this girl before she died so they would not get caught. Why do you think they plotted for 4 months? Because they did not want to get caught. Why did they not want to get caught? Because they fucking knew it was wrong.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I don't know about any of you slow developing retards but I certainly knew killing someone was wrong by 7th grade.
Yep, and if these two are too stupid to figure that out at this point, we should off them because society's stupid quota is full for the next 300 years.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Adult or juvenile, I don't give a shit, remove them from society forever. You do stuff like this you forfeit your participation in the world with rest of us.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Juvenile court is for things like that poor dumb ass kid mentioned in the Chapelle video. Kid killed his friend pretending to be the WWF. That was way more accidental than what these two girls did and he got fucking life. Let that sink in.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I understand that, and 12 is not as developed as 18, which is an adult. They cannot vote, drive, join the army, buy cigarettes, decide who they can have sex with, if they have to go to school or not, or anything else that only adults can do. If you think 12 years old understand enough about the world to vote, drink, and fuck, then let's do that before we start killing them for retribution or locking them up for life.
Not only that, they are sure as hell not competent enough to understand the court process, which is another reason for the juvenile court system.
You're missing the point. The only difference between these 12-year-olds and and their future 18-year-old selves is that their 18-year-old selves might rethink their plans or plot more carefully to avoid getting caught. Most kids have poor impulse control, most kids do stupid shit. However, I can assure you that most kids do not entertain the idea of killing people. These are not the types you want in society.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Congratulations on being just as normal as the other 99.999999% (I think that's the correct quantity of '9's) of the population that didn't deliberately try to kill anyone while you were a child. Now that you've been patted on the back for being normal, would you care to talk about what you think should happen to these two clearly abnormal children? Because that's what everyone else is talking about: how to deal with abnormal children after they've committed a crime.

Also, I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't come up yet, so I just want to throw this one word out there and see if anyone has any opinions about it one way or the other: affluenza?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well Melven if you were developed enough to read this thread you would know how I feel about what should happen to them .

Try as adults. People that show no remorse for attempted capital crimes are not rehabbed as far as I know. Please feel free to clear the air on the issue though.

khalid

Unelected Mod
12 years old is plenty old enough to know not to kill. At age 12 I was trying to come to grips with religion and shit like that. The morality of killing someone was a settled issue far before that point.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am all for the discussion of how shitty the American justice system is but think this thread is getting derailed by two simultanious discussions. One question is whether its right or abnormal in our system to try these girls as adults based on their cognitive ability, and I think its pretty clear and the precedence is pretty well set to try them as adults. We try plenty of adults with room temperature IQ who I am sure don't really understand why murder is wrong, I think the only thing children lack that really affects their action is an understanding of the permanence of their actions, but thats only for young children.

There is no miraculous moment between 12-18 where you grasp the moral repercussions of murder and realize why its wrong, most adults probably don't have a clear concept of why its wrong, they just know it is, same as a 12 year old.

And the other discussion is whether the outcomes from juvie are better so we should send them there, but imo thats an irrelevant discussion because I would bet any money that if we sent some adult criminals to juvie the outcomes would be better since its a system focused on rehab not punishment.