2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I read this headline yesterday, but didn't read the story until today. Not even bothering to link it, but HA HA, and fuck you Raiders.

Oakland Raiders just paid JaMarcus Russell another $3 million

When Russell's place among the all-time busts is discussed, just remember that he was paid $3 million by the Raiders three-and-a-half years after he last played a down for them.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disp is also Captain America based on photos from the weight lifting threads. So the superhuman ability is to be expected.
So as not to be out done by Niners fans, here is a RL pic of Edko:

ZgjLAud.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Disp is also Captain America based on photos from the weight lifting threads. So the superhuman ability is to be expected.
Good at taking multiple blows to the head? Sounds more like Homer Simpson. The Mexicans probably got tired.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I like them both equally. Which is to say, not at all.

Pithy, but not entirely true. I kinda like the new one better.

Cybsled

The new logo is nice. It evokes the sight of tire treads after they have run someone over, much like our offense will do this year!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cursive is basically useless other than someones signature. I dont think I have ever written in cursive since like 3rd grade.

New logo is kind of cool, Im just not sure about the san serif type with two random serifs on the A and the T.

Anyway, who the fuck do the Pats have at receiver other than Amendola? Gronk prolly out for the year. Hernandez out for life. Welker with Peyton Manning....

I wonder if the lack of receiving talent hurts Brady, or does he just roll along and make the nobodies catching the ball better? I would think his stats are going to take a hit, considering Hernandez was one of the best receiving options in the league, never mind on the team or at his position. Hernandez is the new protype TE teams are looking for, a speedy athletic guy with size who can give you reps at flanker and create match-up problems at the TE position. That is going to be a huge loss. (Hernandez was like one of the most prolific high school receivers in the history of the United States. He holds the current record for receiving yards per game at 185 or something.)

And then Gronk being out, Brady might struggle to be a top 5 QB this year.

1.Rodgers
2.Peyton Manning
3.Brees
4.Keapernick
5.Brady?

(slightly trolling with Keapernick there at 4 but I still think he is in the running for MVP this year)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
O-Line stays healthy > Big Ben's knee doesn't get crumbled > MVP > Super Bowl > Suck all my dicks!

Season over, unless those fucking Chiefs steamroll.

Seriously though, last time the Steelers took home the trophy I was drunk and insufferable for like an hour before going to bed. This next one....God...I'm going to be fucking awful. The bar is so GD high right now, with "fans" shitting their pants just after making it to the game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cursive is basically useless other than someones signature. I dont think I have ever written in cursive since like 3rd grade.

New logo is kind of cool, Im just not sure about the san serif type with two random serifs on the A and the T.

Anyway, who the fuck do the Pats have at receiver other than Amendola? Gronk prolly out for the year. Hernandez out for life. Welker with Peyton Manning....

I wonder if the lack of receiving talent hurts Brady, or does he just roll along and make the nobodies catching the ball better? I would think his stats are going to take a hit, considering Hernandez was one of the best receiving options in the league, never mind on the team or at his position. Hernandez is the new protype TE teams are looking for, a speedy athletic guy with size who can give you reps at flanker and create match-up problems at the TE position. That is going to be a huge loss. (Hernandez was like one of the most prolific high school receivers in the history of the United States. He holds the current record for receiving yards per game at 185 or something.)

And then Gronk being out, Brady might struggle to be a top 5 QB this year.

1.Rodgers
2.Peyton Manning
3.Brees
4.Keapernick
5.Brady?

(slightly trolling with Keapernick there at 4 but I still think he is in the running for MVP this year)
This is one of those circumstances where I wonder if you're even paying attention? Or if you're a new fan or something, like Cathan. When has Brady had a bunch of depth of weapons? He's generally always had one decent guy and the rest were no names. Branch for a couple years, then he got Welker. He had a few years of Welker and Moss (and in one of those years with both proceeded to destroy records). Really, the only difference recently has been the addition of Gronk and Hernandez. He hasn't been working with amazing #1 receivers. He's just had Welker and the other guys.

Lloyd should've been out of the league and Brady made him into a decent #1 target (although I'll admit, so did Orton). But he was a fucking bust with the Redskins, Bears, and Niners.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is one of those circumstances where I wonder if you're even paying attention? Or if you're a new fan or something, like Cathan. When has Brady had a bunch of depth of weapons? He's generally always had one decent guy and the rest were no names.
How many of those seasons did Brady havezeroof his top five pass catchers from the previous season? 6 of his top 7 gone, only Edelman and Vereen out of his top 8 with a combined 29 catches last year.

He'll still make noise, he's that good. But pretending coming back with fucking NOTHING from his previous receiving corps is the same as previous seasons is stupid.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No shit. And I live in New England you dipshit, so I think its safe to say I'm aware of what Brady had to work with over the years.

The Problem is he is getting older now, and doesnt have anything to scare defenses at receiver. Ridley is there only true offensive weapon. Ridley and Brady, thats pretty much it. To act like Brady wont miss a beat after losing Hernandez and perhaps Gronk on top of losing Welker is kind of retarded.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how long he stays 100% once he does come back, assuming he's even returning at 100%.

Dennis Pitta/Ed Dickson have gone from, "damnit, we picked the Belichick's second choices" into draft genius moves!