2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
now go get Kaepernick as back up and sign him to the league minimum LOL
heheheee. I remember back in early Nov last year, his lawyer or agent said that he expect him to be signed in 10 days. It's been over 3 months now. I see RGIII with his glass knees getting signed before him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To say no, means a job offer. Like McDaniels thinks he dum did gewd.

Considering who some of these teams are paying, their GM's have no right to talk about "putting the best players on the field".

McDaniels is a whole extra level of stupid. Says yes, then no.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
either that or he is.. smart and wears condoms? being smart in that manner basically = no kids until he WANTS kids.

while not foolproof, they work really damn well.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
That JimmyG contract...heavily front loaded.

up to 42.6 mil year 1. 18.6 year 2.

7 million bonus
28mil roster bonus
600k workout bonus
800k per game roster bonus
6.2 million base pay.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I saw gronk hosting a comedy show a couple weeks ago. His set was good enough to make me think he'd do well as an actor.

But lol at the HOF and best ever talk. He's not even the best TE playing right now, much less of all time. Longevity and availability matters. If it doesn't then we can pretend Bo jackson and Tony Boselli were the best ever too.

• 5Picard
  • 3Cutler
Reactions: 7 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Source:[70]
Bold indicates career high

NFL records
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game: 21 years, 214 days (2010, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game, playoffs: 22 years, 275 days (2011 playoffs, vs. Denver Broncos)
  • Most touchdown receptions by a tight end, season: 17 (2011)
  • Most touchdowns by a tight end, season: 18 (2011)
  • First tight end to lead the league in receiving touchdowns (2011)
  • Most receiving yards by a tight end, season: 1,327 (2011)
  • Most offensive touchdowns in first two seasons: 28 (Tied with Randy Moss)
  • Seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 5 (2010–12, 2014–15)
  • Consecutive seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 3 (2010–12)
  • First tight end to have 3 seasons with 10+ touchdowns and 1,000+ receiving yards (2011, 2014–15)[71]
  • Most career postseason receiving touchdowns by a tight end: 9
  • Most seasons of 1,000+ yards receiving by a tight end: 4 (tied with Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten)

Yeah, he's such a scrub. Tons of way better tight ends in the league at the moment, they're everywhere.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Source:[70]
Bold indicates career high

NFL records
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game: 21 years, 214 days (2010, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)
  • Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game, playoffs: 22 years, 275 days (2011 playoffs, vs. Denver Broncos)
  • Most touchdown receptions by a tight end, season: 17 (2011)
  • Most touchdowns by a tight end, season: 18 (2011)
  • First tight end to lead the league in receiving touchdowns (2011)
  • Most receiving yards by a tight end, season: 1,327 (2011)
  • Most offensive touchdowns in first two seasons: 28 (Tied with Randy Moss)
  • Seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 5 (2010–12, 2014–15)
  • Consecutive seasons with 10+ touchdowns by a tight end: 3 (2010–12)
  • First tight end to have 3 seasons with 10+ touchdowns and 1,000+ receiving yards (2011, 2014–15)[71]
  • Most career postseason receiving touchdowns by a tight end: 9
  • Most seasons of 1,000+ yards receiving by a tight end: 4 (tied with Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten)

Yeah, he's such a scrub. Tons of way better tight ends in the league at the moment, they're everywhere.

Gronk has legit WR numbers.

TE is a hard position to grade because there are so many facets to it vs say, WR where your job is to run and catch.

Having said that, Gronk is fucking great and he would be great with any QB in the league. 1st ballot HOF IMO.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw gronk hosting a comedy show a couple weeks ago. His set was good enough to make me think he'd do well as an actor.

But lol at the HOF and best ever talk. He's not even the best TE playing right now, much less of all time. Longevity and availability matters. If it doesn't then we can pretend Bo jackson and Tony Boselli were the best ever too.

Ogden was better than Boselli, at both Tackle and commercials.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck it, if they front loaded it its even better for the 49ers. His performance last year warranted a big payday at the QB position, and if he was ever going to command big money it would be now, as his stock is at its peak for the time being. So give him 40 million in year one, and now you owe him roughly 40 more guaranteed, which is fine given 2019 should be a prime year for that team to make a playoff run. By year 3 they will only owe him about 18-20 million depending on how well he has played up until that point. If they perform well year 4 and 5 will be a bargain, and if things go well for him as a player, he will be a Pro Bowl caliber passer who is considered and elite QB and be only 28 or 29 years old.

The only way this turns out to suck is if he has a terrible year next year. That will put a huge amount of pressure on him, and Lynch and Shanahan to perform well in 2019. They are all under contract together for the next 5 years so Lynch knows if Jimmy fails he is losing his job. Which is a good thing, as he has already done a great job and now with this much capital on the line he is going to work very hard to build a great roster to be able to compete and warrant such a huge payday for his guy.

Thats insane though the amount of money that kid is going to get this year. He played a great 5 games for them last year, and turned the entire franchise around, setting multiple franchise records along the way. He literally played himself into 100 million dollars in just 2 months.

edit: Gronk is the best TE ever and there really is no debate. He is actually underrated IMO, as Brady gets all the credit for the Patriots success, but since 2010 he has basically been their entire receiving offense. Hernandez had a little stretch of success himself, and when Gronk went out with a knee injury, but if the Patriots didnt have Gronkowski they arent the same team.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But lol at the HOF and best ever talk. He's not even the best TE playing right now, much less of all time.

Hoss. You're a moron. Kelce comes close, but Gronk is Gronk.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

I can't Picard this post hard enough. I don't even like the Pats, but come on, man.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Dude...come on. He's the best. I was a huge Ben Coates fan. He eats Ben Coats lunch. He will get in 1st ballot for sure.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
edit: Gronk is the best TE ever and there really is no debate.

I dunno. Gonzalez was the fucking man for years. And you have to give mad props to Antonio Gates. Dude is still playing and has never missed a considerable amount of time. Isn't he the all-time TD leader for TEs?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean obviously you're looking at a 5-6 year span or whatever Gronk is amazing, and they've voted some dudes in for peaks like that. Terrell Davis comes to mind. That being said longevity does matter.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Gates is amazing and so is Gonzalez. Gronk is the only guy good enough to extend a HoF QB's career by about 5 years. If he retires, there's no way Brady last until 45. He probably wouldn't last to 43. There has never been a better TE. Hell there haven't been much better threat in the entire game. Moss, Owens, a few others but he's comparable to them. Guy almost can't be covered.

• 1Like