2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Zinanejad with 40 goals in 56 games this season. Not too shabby. Imagine getting him and a 2nd round pick for Brassard. Thank's Ottawa!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I mean it was two. Blackhawks and then the Lightning. But, alas, it's over.

Yeah, I had forgotten there wasn't a loss between those games. I don't think we have won 3 games in a row all season.

I had been looking forward to see some of the kids being called up for 9 game previews, but it looks like they're staying in the AHL for the Griffins' playoff push, which makes sense. At least it looks like we should be getting Zadina back soon.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Dude what the fuck is up with all the injuries for the Avalanche this year?

Hopefully looks like theyre getting back around the playoffs, so maybe theyll be more rested and less rusty?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dude what the fuck is up with all the injuries for the Avalanche this year?

Hopefully looks like theyre getting back around the playoffs, so maybe theyll be more rested and less rusty?
At least they ain't Columbus. I would hate to see them get in because of all those loser points, but they deserve some respect for over achieving all season despite icing an AHL team.

Isles can go fuck themselves though. They have been spiraling since the ASG and are now actively playing just to get the 1 point at minimum every game just to stay in. It's so obvious, no respect for them at all.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
And it begins....

This could turn into a real shit show. It's gonna be jarring to watch, like Seinfeld without the laugh track. Surprised no word on NY yet, gotta be a statement soon.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Actually, I take it back. Didn't realise it was this bad, ouch.
Sakic did a really good job with this team. If the top stars werent as good and if the team wasnt so deep, theyd be way out of it. 2 points from first in their division despite everyone out is pretty impressive.

Frustrating but also bodes well for the future. We've also got to see a lot from the AHL guys.

My son's 2nd birthday is tomorrow, and we're going to the Vegas game on Sunday. The Avs have lost in OT every game we've been to this year. Hopefully they can pull out a win for him.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

not tonight but 'further update tomorrow' sounds like it getting shut down.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, sucks. Wonder how the season will get affected. If it's a long delay, might mess with some teams LTIR with guys able to come back prior to playoffs when salary cap normally wouldn't let them.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, sucks. Wonder how the season will get affected. If it's a long delay, might mess with some teams LTIR with guys able to come back prior to playoffs when salary cap normally wouldn't let them.

With so few games left in the season Id imagine they just cancel the rest of the regular season and move straight to the playoffs, using points % for positions to even out the games played.

Merrith

With so few games left in the season Id imagine they just cancel the rest of the regular season and move straight to the playoffs, using points % for positions to even out the games played.

I didn't even think about that. Would effect a good bit of races for sure, though. Isles 1 point out of last wild card with 2 less games played than Columbus. West 2nd Wild Card to tiebreaker, too. Would be rough.

Merrith

Also with Ovechkin sitting on 48 goals, would fuck over his chance to tie Gretzky and Bossy with 9th 50 goal season.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is what the bracket would look like, not counting the current Avs and Blues games.

image0.jpg