2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stop being a faggot. He's not a Boston fan (I mean, Christ, he's a Dolphins and Yankees fan, IIRC) and the facts actually back up his contention instead of your memories. He's actually one of the rare sports posters here that can apply some level of critical thought to analyzing sports.

Your position is that the Pats would have had the same record and accomplishments if they were to swap places with the Browns then? Because that is what he is basically arguing, and I am not even saying the Pats are not great he is just annoyed I am not sucking their dick hard enough.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The AFC East argument is garbage.

The Patriots cant help what division they are in. No team can. You just play. Its almost like criticizing a boxer for blasting a can that his promoter hand picked. You play/fight whoever is in front of you, and the Pats have taken advantage of being in an inept division.

And to solidify this point, look at the NFC West. The NFC West was considered the worse division in football for a while. The Seahawks pre Russel Wilson, the Rams post Warner, the 49ers post Jeff Garcia, and the Cardinals. it was seriously one of the worse divisions in the history of the NFL. I think the Seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9 one year.

Anyway, that division was terrible, but things can change rapidly. All of the sudden it morphed into one of the most impressive divisions in the league. The 49ers ascended in 2011, same for the Seahawks, and then Warner/Fitzgerald Cardinals had a couple good seasons. Its almost like having 4 teams with bad records doesnt really mean the division is bad, but very competitive internally.

The AFC East has been consistently bad, but the Patriots have been consistently dominant. 10 straight fucking division titles. Enough said. Its like what more do you want them to do about being in a shitty division? THEY FUCKING WIN IT EVERY YEAR LOL. And like other have pointed out, if you examine their outer divisional record, its still fucking phenomenal, so they arent having success because they are in a soft division, they just are a dominant franchise who happens to be in a soft division, and takes advantage of it, every single time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Welcome to the club: Jay Cutler 43rd quarterback to start in AFC East during Tom Brady era

Murderers row of franchise QB's.

Look, I don't like it, but Tom Brady is the best QB of all time just by accomplishment alone and Bill is the best NFL head coach of all time as well. Rams have their work cut out for them, but I do take solace in the fact they've been beaten by studs like Eli Manning and Nick Foles.

That has zero to do with tard fans like Uber though, you don't have special insight into football because you happen to root for an evil dynasty of evil. How is this shit stain still posting here anyways? His biggest fan, @a_skeleton_03, fucking loathes him as well.

Brahma Brahma is the only NE fan I'd ever even consider liking, at least he isn't a punk ass bitch that only shows their face in here after the games are over.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Swapping places with the browns, in my opinion, pats would have won on average 1 games less per season edit: maybe 2 less..

hey, i'd post during games- and i do occasionally- but usually i....you know...watch the game to enjoy THAT, then come here to talk about the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To me that's the most impressive thing in this and a sign that the CBA is destroying the league to a degree. Tom plays for a club friendly rate and nets a bunch of rings, meanwhile in Chedderville ARod gets mad over Jordy being axed and sponges all the available money out of the team and has no supporting cast.

Lets be honest though, I know it's in the in thing on FB and social media to bash Rodgers and his contract but watching the two Conference Championship games this weekend...you know what I didn't see any of? Kickers missing ANY kicks, and no lost fumbles. When your former Pro Bowl kicker essentially misses enough kicks to lose 3 games by himself, and you have former impact players being dumb taking kickoffs out of the end zone and fumbling the ball away instead of having a potential game winning drive opportunity...record will suffer. Less a lack of supporting cast issue and more "the supporting cast choked their asses off this year".

Sterling

El Presidente
Your position is that the Pats would have had the same record and accomplishments if they were to swap places with the Browns then? Because that is what he is basically arguing, and I am not even saying the Pats are not great he is just annoyed I am not sucking their dick hard enough.
See this is dumb. First of all I specifically mentioned that the AFC North and NFC South are better divisions than the other 6 divisions during that time period. And you're talking about replacing the worst team in the best division and asking if it would make a difference? No shit. You have to swap top team for top team to have some idea of what they're facing. What I'm saying, and all the data backs up what I've been saying is that the bottom 3 teams in the AFC East have been as good as the bottom 3 teams in any division besides those 2 in this entire run. I'm not saying the AFC has been monsters, but they're not doormats unless you want to count 3/4 of the league as doormats. I hate Boston sports as much as anyone, but to say The Patriots are a product of their division is one of the worst narratives in sports.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You could just as easily argue the division is a product of the patriots, those teams have clearly had issues luring talent in especially coaches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The AFC East has been consistently bad, but the Patriots have been consistently dominant. 10 straight fucking division titles. Enough said. Its like what more do you want them to do about being in a shitty division? THEY FUCKING WIN IT EVERY YEAR LOL. And like other have pointed out, if you examine their outer divisional record, its still fucking phenomenal, so they arent having success because they are in a soft division, they just are a dominant franchise who happens to be in a soft division, and takes advantage of it, every single time.
This is only true if you also consider the NFC North, West, East, and AFC South and West to be equally soft and shitty.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Lets be honest though, I know it's in the in thing on FB and social media to bash Rodgers and his contract but watching the two Conference Championship games this weekend...you know what I didn't see any of? Kickers missing ANY kicks, and no lost fumbles. When your former Pro Bowl kicker essentially misses enough kicks to lose 3 games by himself, and you have former impact players being dumb taking kickoffs out of the end zone and fumbling the ball away instead of having a potential game winning drive opportunity...record will suffer. Less a lack of supporting cast issue and more "the supporting cast choked their asses off this year".

I wonder how much of this is Big Bill coaching the shit out of those guys. Getting guys who know what to do in his scheme.

• 1Like

Merrith

I wonder how much of this is Big Bill coaching the shit out of those guys. Getting guys who know what to do in his scheme.

Incoming "he takes the air out of balls so less fumbles happen" comments

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Brahma Brahma is the only NE fan I'd ever even consider liking, at least he isn't a punk ass bitch that only shows their face in here after the games are over.

Yeah, well I don't like you either!

edit:

As far as replacing the Browns with the Patriots stuff, what happens to Baltimore and Pittsburgh's records when they don't each get 2 free wins every year (4 if you count the Bengals, and lets not try and pretend the Bengals have been some powerhouse for the past 15 years)?

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, well I don't like you either!

edit:

As far as replacing the Browns with the Patriots stuff, what happens to Baltimore and Pittsburgh's records when they don't each get 2 free wins every year (4 if you count the Bengals, and lets not try and pretend the Bengals have been some powerhouse for the past 15 years)?
Bengals are over .500 since realignment in 2003. AFC North has been the best division in football since that realignment. And the whole swapping the Patriots and Browns thing is disingenuous since you're talking about replacing the worst team in the best division with the best team in another division. If the Patriots had to play the NFC Pro Bowl team 16 times a season they probably wouldn't win as much as they do now either.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to the club: Jay Cutler 43rd quarterback to start in AFC East during Tom Brady era

Murderers row of franchise QB's.

Look, I don't like it, but Tom Brady is the best QB of all time just by accomplishment alone and Bill is the best NFL head coach of all time as well. Rams have their work cut out for them, but I do take solace in the fact they've been beaten by studs like Eli Manning and Nick Foles.

That has zero to do with tard fans like Uber though, you don't have special insight into football because you happen to root for an evil dynasty of evil. How is this shit stain still posting here anyways? His biggest fan, @a_skeleton_03, fucking loathes him as well.

I’ll miss you after the Pats win. See ya in September gayboy.

gak

<Gold Donor>
oy vey
New Orleans ticketholders sue NFL over call in NFC championship game

Two New Orleans Saints season-ticket holders filed a lawsuit against the NFL on Tuesday, asking a Louisiana state court judge to order Commissioner Roger Goodell to invoke an obscure rule that could force the final moments of Sunday's NFC Championship game to be replayed.

No penalty was called after Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman hit Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis while a Drew Brees pass was in the air with fewer than two minutes remaining in a tie game.

A flag for pass interference would have given the Saints a first down and enabled them to run down the clock before kicking a potential game-winning field goal.

Instead, New Orleans kicked a go-ahead field goal to take a 23-20 lead with 1:41 left. The Rams responded with a late field goal of their own and went on to win, 26-23, in overtime.

Robey-Coleman later admitted to reporters that his hit on Lewis constituted pass interference, while Saints head coach Sean Payton said the NFL office acknowledged the missed call to him after the game.

Referee Bill Vinovich told a pool reporter that the play in question was "a judgment call by the officials" and added that he had not seen what happened.

According to Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1 of the NFL rulebook, the league commissioner "has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

Remedies include reversal of a game's result or the rescheduling of a game -- in its entirety or from the point when the act occurred.

"Why is the rule there if it's not going to be implemented?" asked attorney Frank D'Amico, who filed the suit in state Civil District Court in New Orleans on behalf of Tommy Badeaux and Candis Lambert.

The NFL did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The question is whether an officiating mistake -- even an egregious one -- is the type of "club action, non-participant interference, or calamity" that merits the remedy D'Amico's clients seek.

Mike Pereira is among the doubters.

"I understand the frustration," the former vice president of officiating for the NFL, now a Fox Sports analyst, told The Associated Press in an interview.

But, he doesn't believe the rule applies in this case.

A hearing is tentatively set for Monday -- six days before the Rams meet the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl in Atlanta.
ss.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Brady has played in 17% of all Super Bowls. He has more Super Bowl appearance than every team in the NFL. BB and Brady have double the super bowl appearances than any other Coach/QB duo.

Brady has been in the super bowl 50% of the time in his 18 seasons.

Just typing that is incredible.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Referee Bill Vinovich told a pool reporter that the play in question was "a judgment call by the officials" and added that he had not seen what happened.

This shit is amusing as fuck. A judgment call by officials. Had not seen what happened. It's what cracks me up when Rams fans point to a few potential face masks where masks were barely grabbed/touched (although still a penalty by the rules) as some sort of "well there were a lot of missed calls". The equivalent to the non PI call would be a guy managing to grab a facemask of an opposing player, lift him off his feet, and spin him around a full revolution before throwing him to the ground with no call.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Hosix

All labs matter!
Bill Vinovich sounds retarded then. He basically went full retard. That wasn’t a judgment call. It was a missed call. The rams defender made zero attempt to play the ball.

• 1Like