Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7786D9D2-D32E-4510-81E3-5857BE639EBE.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I still love Jimmy G. He is just irrelevant until he is healthy.

Kittle is ok.
Kittle has an argument for being a top three tight end this year. Once Gronk retires, Kittle and Kelce will be competing for the number one spot for at least the next four or five years. I dont know how your football takes can constantly be this horrible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kittle has an argument for being a top three tight end this year. Once Gronk retires, Kittle and Kelce will be competing for the number one spot for at least the next four or five years. I dont know how your football takes can constantly be this horrible.

Ertz has to be in that group (with Kelce and Kittle) assuming Eagles do end up going with Wentz. Holy fuck does Wentz zero in on him all the time. I can't believe it but Ebron playing with Luck has to be a top 5 guy, too. Depending on injuries, OJ Howard down in Tampa and Njoku with Cleveland might round out top 5 (if we're thinking Gronk retires).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hunter Henry is pretty good to. Though I want to see more play before I would even think of top 5.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
good news is that in less than 24 hours this shit show of a season will be over (depending on if pats win or lose). then the talking heads on tv will fill the time with couple of months of intense draft talk, followed by a month of post-draft analysis, followed by about a month of OTA talk, followed by couple of months of talk about training camps and before you know it, the pre-season is upon us that needs to be talked about.
also, Rams will be lucky to put up more than 14 points on the board. They will probably get a TD in garbage time to make the final score less one-sided.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kittle is ok, as in I'm satisfied with his development. I'm not gonna start dick riding a TE until he has at least another year of production under his belt. Sometimes TEs catch fire and then burn out quick. Jacob Tamme, Todd Heap etc, the list goes on and on. Sorry I'm not blown away by a white TE named Kittle. (Kittle is obviously talented, and has what it takes to perhaps be the best TE in the league, not trying to take anything away from him, he just set the all time record for TE rec yards for fucks sake)

I am impressed with Pettis and Warner though. Warner had a great season, and made fans forget about Foster.

And as far as my takes in general, yea, sometimes you get it right and sometimes you dont. Alot of people on here were talking shit saying the Giants were stupid for drafting Saquon Barkley, while I was saying he is a once in a generation type talent who should probably be drafted 1st overall as far as talent goes.

The guy caught more passes in 2018 than Odel Beckham Jr. did. 92 receptions, AND rushed for 1300+ yards with 11 touchdowns. Thats almost twice the number of TD's as his teammate Beckham,the guy was their best player by a wide margin and thats WITH a terrible offensive line. He will be the best RB in the league next year.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ertz has to be in that group (with Kelce and Kittle) assuming Eagles do end up going with Wentz. Holy fuck does Wentz zero in on him all the time. I can't believe it but Ebron playing with Luck has to be a top 5 guy, too. Depending on injuries, OJ Howard down in Tampa and Njoku with Cleveland might round out top 5 (if we're thinking Gronk retires).
For Ertz to be good they need Sproles back or another guy who can block and catch out of the backfield. When Sproles doesn't play Ertz has way less production.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Kittle is ok, as in I'm satisfied with his development. I'm not gonna start dick riding a TE until he has at least another year of production under his belt. Sometimes TEs catch fire and then burn out quick. Jacob Tamme, Todd Heap etc, the list goes on and on. Sorry I'm not blown away by a white TE named Kittle. (Kittle is obviously talented, and has what it takes to perhaps be the best TE in the league, not trying to take anything away from him, he just set the all time record for TE rec yards for fucks sake)

I am impressed with Pettis and Warner though. Warner had a great season, and made fans forget about Foster.

And as far as my takes in general, yea, sometimes you get it right and sometimes you dont. Alot of people on here were talking shit saying the Giants were stupid for drafting Saquon Barkley, while I was saying he is a once in a generation type talent who should probably be drafted 1st overall as far as talent goes.

The guy caught more passes in 2018 than Odel Beckham Jr. did. 92 receptions, AND rushed for 1300+ yards with 11 touchdowns. Thats almost twice the number of TD's as his teammate Beckham,the guy was their best player by a wide margin and thats WITH a terrible offensive line. He will be the best RB in the league next year.
I dont care if an RB is the next coming of Jesus. You dont take them over a franchise QB. Having an elite RB doesn't win you superbowls whereas having an elite QB does. So that take was still moronic.

edit: Before we get in to this stupid argument again...

Here are your Superbowl winning running backs since 2000

Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Antowain Smith
Michael Pittman
Kevin Faulk
Corey Dillon
Willie Parker x2
Joseph Addai
Brandon Jacobs
Pierre Thomas
Brandon Jackson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
Shane Vereen
CJ Anderson
LeGarrete Blount
Jay Ajayi/Blount

So we have one Hall of famer that played with a Hall of fame QB and one maybe two hall of fame wide receivers. One fringe hall of famer in lynch where the centerpiece of the team was the legion of boom and Ray Rice who also had one of the best defenses of all time. The rest are journeymen nobodies who you could plug and play. How are Le'veon Bell, Zeke Elliot, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Matt Forte, etc doing with championships?

As opposed to the QBs who have won since 2000

Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Tom Brady x 5
Big Ben x 2
Peyton Manning x 2
Eli Manning x 2
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Russel Wilson
Nick Foles

Here we have 6 sure fire hall of famers with Eli most likely being a 7th and if Russel continues to play at the level he does an 8th. The only outliers being Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles. The latter whom the Eagles are confident enough to possibly franchise tag this off season as they think they can trade him at a high value and who already has a presence in the hall of fame. Ironically the only bad QB on the list is probably Dilfer. Flacco was downright elite (haha) during his Superbowl run and has been the ravens QB for the better part of a decade.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

It was stupid. The Giants thought they were Superbowl contenders. They did absolutely nothing this year. It was a complete waste and they lost out on franchise QBs because of it. So yay RB I guess. Enjoy your 7-9 seasons until you get a good QB.

• 2Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Its pretty obvious that Barkley was a stupid pick. He had a fantastic season and his team still didn't even sniff the playoffs. Compare that to the improvement the Browns made with just Mayfield on the field. Giants could have taken Darnold, who appeared to have potential this year, and let him learn behind Eli for a year (sitting behind Alex Smith helped Patrick Mahomes immensely) and be solid at QB another 15 years. I guess taking an RB, a position that typically washes out by age 30 or after the first knee injury is the best choice for a team that has been hot garbage the last 5 years.

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys are short sighted and lack nuance.

The NFL is complex, there are different ways to go about being succesful, and different levels of success. Only one fucking team can win the Super Bowl every year, so 31 teams have to "lose" every year.

With Vimesh logic every team who didnt win a Super Bowl this year was misguided and a complete failure.

Lol.

As a GM in this league you have to understand your franchise position and make moves accordingly. Look at the Browns. They finally have perhaps found an answer at QB with Mayfield. They were much better this year than years past, but ultimately were not a winning team, and was never a playoff contender.

What if the Giants drafted Mayfield? Would they have suddenly been in contention? Fuck no. Their o line is bottom of the league, he would have got crushed all year and they would have still sucked and would have stood stagnant at the RB position.

Measuring RB soley on who won the Super Bowl is fucking retarded. If the Rams win today then what?

Barkley is an MVP caliber player, and to pass on him would be a huge mistake. The only reason why the Browns took a QB and not him is because of how glaring a need it was for them to solve their QB problem. The Giants made the right decision taking that kid at 2.

I fucking garauntee you he ends up having a better career than Rosen, Darnold or Allen. The Giants can draft a QB this year, or even next year.

If they did take Mayfield or any of those other QBs they wouldnt have been a true contender until 2021 and beyond.

The Rams plugged in Goff right away, and in his second year, along with Gurley already in place, guides them to the big dance. The Giants could draft a QB this year and be a contender the next, and still have perhaps the most dynamic offensive player in the league carrying them. Whereas if they took Mayfield they would be looking to put talent around him this year and next, potentially causing them to be an average rebuilding team for the foreseeable future.

And lol how the fuck did the Giants think they were Super Bowl contenders? That is RIDICULOUS. Your talking about a fucking team who just jettisoned Ben Fucking McAdoo after an abysmal, embarrassing campaign. They were an awful team with zero prospect of competing for a title. That's the problem with that Super Bowl mentality, you get sucked into evaluating shit through the lens of winning a championship or bust, which is a mistake.

Maybe the Giants drafted Barkley because....he is just...good and was the best player available. I'm pretty sure that's why they drafted him, not because they had dreams of an imminent super bowl and were just one piece away....lmao.

Last edited:
  • 2Pants on Fire!
  • 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Its pretty obvious that Barkley was a stupid pick. He had a fantastic season and his team still didn't even sniff the playoffs. Compare that to the improvement the Browns made with just Mayfield on the field. Giants could have taken Darnold, who appeared to have potential this year, and let him learn behind Eli for a year (sitting behind Alex Smith helped Patrick Mahomes immensely) and be solid at QB another 15 years. I guess taking an RB, a position that typically washes out by age 30 or after the first knee injury is the best choice for a team that has been hot garbage the last 5 years.

Or the Giants just draft a QB this year. They still going to suck. They lack talent everywhere minus the WR spots...and now RB.

The Browns have what??? 5 top FIVE picks in the last 5-7 years? Of course they pull it together with a decent-good QB.

Jozu summed that shit up perfectly.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy
I dont care if an RB is the next coming of Jesus. You dont take them over a franchise QB. Having an elite RB doesn't win you superbowls whereas having an elite QB does. So that take was still moronic.

edit: Before we get in to this stupid argument again...

Here are your Superbowl winning running backs since 2000

Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Antowain Smith
Michael Pittman
Kevin Faulk
Corey Dillon
Willie Parker x2
Joseph Addai
Brandon Jacobs
Pierre Thomas
Brandon Jackson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
Shane Vereen
CJ Anderson
LeGarrete Blount
Jay Ajayi/Blount

So we have one Hall of famer that played with a Hall of fame QB and one maybe two hall of fame wide receivers. One fringe hall of famer in lynch where the centerpiece of the team was the legion of boom and Ray Rice who also had one of the best defenses of all time. The rest are journeymen nobodies who you could plug and play. How are Le'veon Bell, Zeke Elliot, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Matt Forte, etc doing with championships?

As opposed to the QBs who have won since 2000

Kurt Warner
Trent Dilfer
Tom Brady x 5
Big Ben x 2
Peyton Manning x 2
Eli Manning x 2
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Russel Wilson
Nick Foles

Here we have 6 sure fire hall of famers with Eli most likely being a 7th and if Russel continues to play at the level he does an 8th. The only outliers being Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles. The latter whom the Eagles are confident enough to possibly franchise tag this off season as they think they can trade him at a high value and who already has a presence in the hall of fame. Ironically the only bad QB on the list is probably Dilfer. Flacco was downright elite (haha) during his Superbowl run and has been the ravens QB for the better part of a decade.

Left out Brad Johnson brah

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Today, gentlemen, we will see the end to a national nightmare that has gripped this great sport for 17 years. Today we see the bookend, storybook ending to an evil empire that has reigned over this land. Those who failed us 17 years ago will have their redemption. Today we celebrate our Cheaters Independence Day!!!

Go Rams!!

• 3Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Left out Brad Johnson brah

Sorry. Florida teams get no respect.

Sad to see Brahma agree with Jozu. The whole fucking point the last time we hashed this out and from my list is positional value. You can have a nobody at RB get you 1k+ yards a season or do like the Pats and have a committee. Either way they get paid jack and produce relative to the likes of Barkley and Bell more then enough at 1/5th the pay. Which is used to pay actual irreplaceable players like edge rushers, o lineman, lock down CBs, and QBs. Who when all put together win you Superbowls. You aren't replacing Tom Brady with Brian Hoyer, or Brees with Brock Lobster and getting even comparative results. Matt Cassell took a team the went undefeated in the regular season and missed the playoffs the year Brady got injured.

Any RB could put up a monster season running behind the Cowboys oline of the last five years. Sure Zeke will get you a couple hundred more yards but he still has Dak fucking Prescott throwing the ball when the game is on the line and you need a touchdown now. Which more often then not means you aren't getting the touchdown. This is a pass centered league and nine times out of ten even Saquan the second coming Barkley isn't worth more then 1 or 2 wins over his journeyman replacement. Whereas Baker Mayfield took a team that had won one game in the last two years and had them in playoff contention going in to the last game. The same team that had all those draft picks and couldn't do anything because they were being quarterbacked by the likes of Brandon Weedon, Johnny Manziel, Brian Hoyer, Cody Kessler, and DeShone Kizer.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Merrith

For Ertz to be good they need Sproles back or another guy who can block and catch out of the backfield. When Sproles doesn't play Ertz has way less production.

Ertz's 6 games with Sproles: Averaged 6.2 catches a game, 52.7 yards a game, 2 TD's
Ertz's 10 games without Sproles: 7.9 catches a game, 84.7 yards a game, 6 TD's

• 4Worf

Merrith

Fyff Fyff I'm not entirely disagreeing with your point btw, b/c if you look at the 6 games Sproles played in, Foles was the QB in 4 of them. As all of us fantasy players know...when Wentz is Eagles QB, Ertz is a TE1 with Kelce (and I guess healthy Gronk and Kittle). When Foles starts, he drops in value a little, while Jeffery becomes a viable WR1.