2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agree and disagree with this. The weather will affect different players to different degrees, but it has very little to do with where someone has spent around 4 months out of the year for the last couple years.

Agree mostly with this...if only because it isn't JUST where they spend 4 months out of the year the last couple of years. Many of the historically good cold weather QB's didn't just have experience with it in the NFL, but also high school and/or college. As always, it'll vary guy by guy, but there are definitely some QB's/teams that suffer a little in colder weather.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The best weekend in football is approaching....

Dallas' run defense is the best left in the playoffs - their passing defense isn't as bad as the stats look, but is extremely susceptible to big plays giving up big yardage. Seattle, for some strange and idiotic reason decided to try to force the run on Dallas. It didn't work, and most of their big plays and scores came on the back of big throws by Wilson. LA has a much better offense than Seattle, will they try to establish run at the expense of airing it out against a young, inexperienced secondary? I hope so, but we'll see.

LA on the other hand, can be run against. Dallas' strength on offense is running Zeke off right. Dallas' path to victory is slowing the game down, and baiting LA into trying to run it against Dallas - if they can impose their will Dallas will win. If it turns into anything resembling a shootout, or Dallas playing from behind, it might get ugly. Should be fun.

Philly has all the tools to beat the Saint's on the road, but the Saints at home to me are the best/scariest team in the NFL this season. They have an experienced QB at the height of his powers, a good coach and a ton of confidence. Philly's defense was mostly good this weekend and is peaking at the perfect time. The offense has enough weapons to hurt New Orleans, particularly Sproles on those little dump passes. Think New Orleans will probably win, but Philly is the last team I'd want to play if I was New Orleans.

Kansas City is my favorite non-Dallas team in the NFL. Fun to watch, big play potential every down and can kill you in multiple ways. Indy is playing like New York was when they won their last Super Bowl though and momentum to me trumps talent 90% of the time. If the weather is absolutely putrid, I think KC will win - if it's decent I think Indy is talented enough, hot enough and capable of winning.

Tom Brady vs. PhillipRiversface, clash of the titans. Chargers are a team capable of winning the Super Bowl, but I can't see them winning on the road against the most deplorable franchise in sports. NE has a better coach, home field and I believe one last decent run left in them. I hope LA wins by 50, but I can't see it.

That said....

Dallas
Philly
Indy
NE

Philly
Indy...

INDY SB CHAMPS

So, you're a Colts fan.

Merrith

They do statistically, but I’m full of confidence after watching Dallas shut down a terrific rushing offense last week. This weekend will be great viewing

Seahawks should have ran Penny more.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Some Seahawks coaches should have been fired yesterday. Their game plan would have been exactly the same with Blake Bortles or any number of other sub par QBs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LOL at anybody thinking Flacco was coming in and doing anything.

Jackson did just fine throwing the ball. Next time his coaches should let him do it before they're losing 20-3.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Look for my Gravy sign and Eyes Wide Shut Mask. If it’s snowing hard the sign will go to shit but I’ll get pics beforehand outside!

10 yard line 3rd row leaving in the mornin

BBQ

Q39
AB’s
Gates
Jackstacks
Joes

Bbq with Erronius Erronius , Joeboo Joeboo and the boyz Friday then BBQ evening with family then BBQ Tailgate at 10 am....then BBQ Sunday afternoon Jack Stacks and Gates dinner.

DE5F820A-79C7-467E-8B44-5852DE85F9D3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 9Solidarity
  • 8Like
Reactions: 16 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Payton woos Saints with Lombardi, $200K cash

it's so easy to despise "Saints". If it would have been just the trophy, maybe some rings, it would have been a great motivator. But showing piles of cash... well. And I love the fact that Payton used the same tactic during the 2009. But what they failed to mention was that there was another pile of cash waiting in another room for intentionally injuring players

• 1Salty

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Look for my Gravy sign and Eyes Wide shut Mask. If it’s snowing hard the sign will go to shit but I’ll get pics beforehand outside!

10 yard line 3rd row leaving in the mornin

BBQ

Q39
AB’s
Gates
Jackstacks
Joes

Bbq with Erronius Erronius , Joeboo Joeboo and the boyz Friday then BBQ evening with family then BBQ Tailgate at 10 am....then BBQ Sunday afternoon Jack Stacks and Gates dinner.

View attachment 189128

DT jersey is legit

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The top 6 scoring offenses this year

1.Chiefs
2.Rams
3.Saints
4.Patriots
5.Colts
6.Chargers

All playing this weekend

Merrith

The top 6 scoring offenses this year

1.Chiefs
2.Rams
3.Saints
4.Patriots
5.Colts
6.Chargers

All playing this weekend

3 of those had a top 10 scoring D, as well. Pats 7th, Chargers 8th, Colts 10th.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
And just to dog pile on how terrible the AFC East is, 8 teams had "1st Place" schedules as division champions from last year: NE, Pitt, KC, Jacksonville in the AFC and Philly, Vikings, Rams, Saints in the NFC. Seven of them had a top 20 SoS (Vikings had easiest at 18).... New England was 27.