2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys vs. Colts - Game Summary - December 16, 2018 - ESPN

I'm not sure, what am I talking about? Maybe the only game/team to hold the Cowboys below 10 points since week 1 (in a shutout no less). Check yourself Hoss, I know you're wrong a lot, but shit man.

Scoring 10 points is enough to make an offense decent? Shit man, I'm truly sorry. I didn't realize how much the redskins sucked this year.

Carry on. Cowboys are a top tier offense because they usually manage to score a td every game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I don't want to watch the Chargers lose - and that KC/Colts game should be great - but I'm going all home teams this weekend.

Besides, how will the Patriots go to the Super Bowl unless Andy Reid's there to mismanage at the worst time.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scoring 10 points is enough to make an offense decent? Shit man, I'm truly sorry. I didn't realize how much the redskins sucked this year.

Carry on. Cowboys are a top tier offense because they usually manage to score a td every game.

They were simply a hard offense to completely hold down with Zeke and Cooper at that point in the season. That loss broke their 5 game winning streak during which they were averaging close to 25 points a game. It was an impressive defensive performance. Much like I think holding the Texans scoreless for most of their Wild Card game in Houston was impressive, only giving up 7 points for that whole game.

If you want to know how bad the Redskins sucked this year (well and last) regardless of QB on offense...I think we've lost 16 or 17 straight games now in which the opposing team has scored more than 17 points. THAT...is a shit offense.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
59DE342F-3DB6-4C55-8E8E-4799C743C1F3.jpeg

Old Guard and the new

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They were simply a hard offense to completely hold down with Zeke and Cooper at that point in the season. That loss broke their 5 game winning streak during which they were averaging close to 25 points a game. It was an impressive defensive performance. Much like I think holding the Texans scoreless for most of their Wild Card game in Houston was impressive, only giving up 7 points for that whole game.

If you want to know how bad the Redskins sucked this year (well and last) regardless of QB on offense...I think we've lost 16 or 17 straight games now in which the opposing team has scored more than 17 points. THAT...is a shit offense.

It was an impressive performance because it was a shutout, but in no way does Dallas have anything resembling a decent offense. They ended the season ranked 22nd in scoring and total offense.

And lol at Cowboys managing to score 10 points in almost every game as somehow a badge of honor in today's game

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
oooph, NFL live was talking about this but Rivers is a big fat 0-7 vs Brady

Sterling

El Presidente
In fairness Dallas offense has been a lot better with Cooper. I mean lets not pretend they're suddenly KC or anything, but they've gone from fucking awful to at least somewhat competent.

• 1Like

Merrith

It was an impressive performance because it was a shutout, but in no way does Dallas have anything resembling a decent offense. They ended the season ranked 22nd in scoring and total offense.

And lol at Cowboys managing to score 10 points in almost every game as somehow a badge of honor in today's game

Their offense post Cooper trade was better. Aside from Colts shutting them out, they averaged 25 points a game in their other 8 games after the trade for Amari. That would have been good for 11th or 12th in scoring. They were on a roll prior to that game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Look at the defenses they played, Titans ranked 8th in defense 2x Philly 23rd, Atlanta 28th, Redskins 17th , and Saints 14th, Tampa Bay 27th, Giants 24th. 5 of their games were against really bad defenses and, 2 were middle of the road, and 1 "good" defense. Against the two teams with above average defenses (Saints and Titans) they scored 13 and 14 points.

They also have that week 17 Giants game where NY had more to win by losing that's propping up their final rankings.

• 1Like

Merrith

Look at the defenses they played, Titans ranked 8th in defense 2x Philly 23rd, Atlanta 28th, Redskins 17th , and Saints 14th, Tampa Bay 27th, Giants 24th. 5 of their games were against really bad defenses and, 2 were middle of the road, and 1 "good" defense. Against the two teams with above average defenses (Saints and Titans) they scored 13 and 14 points.

They also have that week 17 Giants game where NY had more to win by losing that's propping up their final rankings.

Are you going by their yards/game ranks or scoring ranks? Titans were 3rd overall and it was Cooper's first game with the team. Philly was ranked 12th in scoring D and they played them twice in that stretch. Redskins 15h in scoring D, Atlanta 25th. Tampa's scoring was actually worse because Tampa.

Giants certainly didn't play that game like they had more to gain by losing. Beasley kind of saved them from themselves I guess?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Their offense post Cooper trade was better. Aside from Colts shutting them out, they averaged 25 points a game in their other 8 games after the trade for Amari. That would have been good for 11th or 12th in scoring. They were on a roll prior to that game.

Dak's stats alone before and after the trade are striking. It's damn near like having 2 different QB's.

Before the trade, the Cowboys played 7 games. Dak had 5 games of a QB rating under 100, TD/Int ratio of 8/4, 4 games of under 200yds passing and a completion percentage of 62%.
After the trade, the Cowboys have played 10 games. Dak has had 4 games under 100 QB rating, TD/Int ratio of 15/5, 1 game under 200yds passing and a completion percentage of 71%.

And the shutout loss to the Colts is the ONLY game all year Dak had 0 rushing attempts.

Dak Prescott Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
oooph, NFL live was talking about this but Rivers is a big fat 0-7 vs Brady
To be fair the Chargers have largely been terrible and the last time they faced in the playoffs was when Rivers was severely injured I believe. We were pretty competitive last year and pressured Brady hard but kind of Chargered it up a couple times for the loss.

All that being said the Chargers offense has not been scoring as much as it normally has been the last 5 games so I am a bit worried. Though perhaps its a bit of hysteria since 3 of the last 5 were against the Ravens and Broncos.

Patriots are going to run it down our throats. Hopefully our pash rush gets to Brady and Chargers are willing to try absuing the Patriots secondary.

Merrith

Dak's stats alone before and after the trade are striking. It's damn near like having 2 different QB's.

Before the trade, the Cowboys played 7 games. Dak had 5 games of a QB rating under 100, TD/Int ratio of 8/4, 4 games of under 200yds passing and a completion percentage of 62%.
After the trade, the Cowboys have played 10 games. Dak has had 4 games under 100 QB rating, TD/Int ratio of 15/5, 1 game under 200yds passing and a completion percentage of 71%.

And the shutout loss to the Colts is the ONLY game all year Dak had 0 rushing attempts.

Dak Prescott Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That's a really odd stat that the Colts game was only game he didn't have a rushing attempt. I know they went for it on 4th down a few times in that game, maybe a designed roll out that gave him the option to run would have helped.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are you going by their yards/game ranks or scoring ranks? Titans were 3rd overall and it was Cooper's first game with the team. Philly was ranked 12th in scoring D and they played them twice in that stretch. Redskins 15h in scoring D, Atlanta 25th. Tampa's scoring was actually worse because Tampa.

Giants certainly didn't play that game like they had more to gain by losing. Beasley kind of saved them from themselves I guess?

A mix of both to make my point look better.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

A mix of both to make my point look better.

Philly's gap between the 2 rankings was pretty damn huge. I'm assuming their red zone D must have been pretty good. Tampa's scoring D being worse not a surprise, I'm sure Fitztragic/Winston turnovers probably contributed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Colts game is when the Dallas O-line was getting pushed around like it was 2012.

Dak doesn't trust his arm and second guesses himself if the receiver isn't wide open. That's compounded by his internal clock going off even when he has a clean pocket and he spins away from nobody right into a sack. It also doesn't help that when a receiver is too open he either throws it 10ft over his head or lofts it up so a defender has time to get back into the play. Finally, he has a tendancy to stare his intended target down from snap to throw. This has led to a lot of plays where there's a wide open receiver but Dak either holds it and gets sacked, take off for some reason, or check down 2 yards when it's 3rd and 10.

Cooper has helped by getting a ton of separation, drawing doubles, and making amazing runs after the catch. If he continues like this and they don't lose him in FA he'll be worth the pick, but it's also the front office's fault for making Dez the scapegoat for all Dak's issues when it clearly wasn't the case.

Even so, the Oline and Zeke are also a bigger reason than Cooper for his lack of derping lately. Cooper's turned nothing into long gains and TDs, but Dallas still goes into halftime with minimal points and then turns it on halfway through the 3rd and into the 4th when the opposing D is gassed and getting pushed around.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The Colts game is when the Dallas O-line was getting pushed around like it was 2012.

Dak doesn't trust his arm and second guesses himself if the receiver isn't wide open. That's compounded by his internal clock going off even when he has a clean pocket and he spins away from nobody right into a sack. It also doesn't help that when a receiver is too open he either throws it 10ft over his head or lofts it up so a defender has time to get back into the play. Finally, he has a tendancy to stare his intended target down from snap to throw. This has led to a lot of plays where there's a wide open receiver but Dak either holds it and gets sacked, take off for some reason, or check down 2 yards when it's 3rd and 10.

Cooper has helped by getting a ton of separation, drawing doubles, and making amazing runs after the catch. If he continues like this and they don't lose him in FA he'll be worth the pick, but it's also the front office's fault for making Dez the scapegoat for all Dak's issues when it clearly wasn't the case.

Even so, the Oline and Zeke are also a bigger reason than Cooper for his lack of derping lately. Cooper's turned nothing into long gains and TDs, but Dallas still goes into halftime with minimal points and then turns it on halfway through the 3rd and into the 4th when the opposing D is gassed and getting pushed around.

And yet he only ranked 2nd in sacks over the year, and 3 of the top 4 sacked QB's still made the playoffs.

On his incompletes, if Dak's 71% completion percentage for the past 10 games had held throughout the entire year, he would have been in the top FIVE for QB's in the entire league in completion percentage.

You're just pissed that Dak is the anti-Romo: Terrible stats in the first 3 quarters, then, in big games, when it really counts, he wins the fucking game.

• 1Pants on Fire!