2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Saints can eat a dick after bountygate and the other crap they pulled into that pity party gifted ring they got a while back. There were shit tons of no calls in yesterday's game, but lets just bitch about the last one and ignore the rest. How about not through a pick in OT or taking your foot off the gas in the 3rd because you are to busy chanting Who Dat while jerking yourself off furiously on the sideline?

Honestly none of this makes up for how big of a blown call that was. Not just for the obvious right there everyone is looking at it, but the situation as well. 3rd and 10, call would give them a 1st down with ~1:45 and Rams only with 1 timeout. You literally run it 3 times and kick a field goal and the Rams are receiving a kickoff with no timeouts left and ~20 seconds left. That's not trying to minimize any other missed calls or whatever that happened before that play, but it was by far the most obvious, at the very worst time.

Hell I thought on the pick in OT Michael Thomas got interfered with/held slightly, as well. Didn't seem like the ball got tipped, just Brees himself got contacted as he threw it.

Still ended up with 2 incredible games yesterday overall, but the officiating is just looking worse and worse in the NFL with a lot of little missed calls throughout, and two terrible blown calls that are just painfully obvious even at live speed in the non PI call and that roughing the passer call.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Give X amount of extra challenges for playoff games only and make everything reviewable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the Patriots are going to rape the Rams in the SB. Belichick is going to go after Goff and expose and embarrass him. I don't think McVay is going to be able to carry Goff through this.

I pray I am wrong, but I just don't see the Rams being able to hang with them.

Everyone always says this every time, but the Pats never blow anyone out in Super Bowls and it always comes right down to the end even when they're overwhelming favorites

• 2Like

Merrith

Give X amount of extra challenges for playoff games only and make everything reviewable.

Just worry how much this will slow the game down. Honestly the Pats/Chiefs game took so long in the 4th quarter already with the reviews they had of the potential fumble on the punt and the couple catches they had to look at again. I do agree though that there has to be a way for penalties as big as a personal foul call or pass interference with how much either can influence a possession/game to not just be in the hands of some ref who fucks them up royally far too often.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not an NFL fan. Never watch NFL games. I think the only NFL game I went to was in 91 or 92.

Anyway the local news is delusional with a deal about how the rules in the NFL allow the comissioner to reverse the outcome of a game. LOL. That is why nobody takes them seriously.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not an NFL fan. Never watch NFL games. I think the only NFL game I went to was in 91 or 92.

Anyway the local news is delusional with a deal about how the rules in the NFL allow the comissioner to reverse the outcome of a game. LOL. That is why nobody takes them seriously.

I mean...the commissioner legitimately could do that. He sure as shit isn't going to, but he has the authority.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
that RTQ call for brady..granted it was not called right, but the hand(or at least a finger) DID brush brady's facemask..unlike the blatant noncall that would have won the game for the Saints*(Seriously Either of the 2 penalties that guy did are called and the game SHOULD have been over with either a score or an almost game ending field goal), that penalty didn't materially effect the game.

the pat's Defense in the first half was great..MOSTLY because the patriots OFFENSE kept the KC offense...off the field and when KC was on the field on offense, the pats managed to confuse mahomes, thus the performance, the 2nd half though, especially the 4th quarter, damn that offense is scary good/fast.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Cutler

Hosix

All labs matter!

No. You get one per half. If you lose your challenge you lose a timeout. At the 2 minute warning every play is reviewable. Whether a flag is thrown or not you can challenge it. If you lose the challenge? You lose a timeout.

Something like this. Not sure if it makes sense.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just worry how much this will slow the game down. Honestly the Pats/Chiefs game took so long in the 4th quarter already with the reviews they had of the potential fumble on the punt and the couple catches they had to look at again. I do agree though that there has to be a way for penalties as big as a personal foul call or pass interference with how much either can influence a possession/game to not just be in the hands of some ref who fucks them up royally far too often.
Getting the SB participants right > a few extra minutes. If you are too pussy to sit through an extra few minutes in a playoff game go watch some faggotry like disc golf or futbol.

• 4Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

that RTQ call for brady..granted it was not called right, but the hand(or at least a finger) DID brush brady's facemask..unlike the blatant noncall that would have won the game for the Saints*(Seriously Either of the 2 penalties that guy did are called and the game SHOULD have been over with either a score or an almost game ending field goal), that penalty didn't materially effect the game.

the pat's Defense in the first half was great..MOSTLY because the patriots OFFENSE kept the KC offense...off the field and when KC was on the field on offense, the pats managed to confuse mahomes, thus the performance, the 2nd half though, especially the 4th quarter, damn that offense is scary good/fast.

The air from the hand coming down might have brushed his facemask. It wasn't close, and it was just a terrible call that Brady got because he's Brady. Agreed it wasn't AS bad as the Saints call, just because it didn't occur as late/in a situation where it virtually would have set up the ending sequence. It would have set up a 3rd and 7 for the Pats from their own 28 with just over 7 minutes left and Chiefs up 21-17 at the time. Giving them a first down and pushing the ball out to the Pats' 43 definitely a big deal, though. Especially when we're talking about both teams combining for scores on the last 6 drives total (minus the Pats kneel down to send it to OT). But, a lot of things could still happen with 7 minutes left in the game (I mean, just look at what did happen with all the lead changes/big plays in the final ~8 minutes and OT of that game).

As for the whole commissioner bs other people are talking about, he can't just change the outcome of the game, would have to be replayed or something. I mean even with the call, givng them a first down...if they score a TD quick, they're up 7, but Rams would have like 1:30 and a timeout maybe to tie which is completely possible. Ironically the run it 3 times and kick a FG with ~20 seconds left seems the worst scenario for the Rams...but even then, if they take a touchback or have some sort of return to the 25-30 yard line, you could in theory complete a pass and get out of bounds or spike it near midfield and have a chance at a potential Hail Mary to win the game. We've seen crazier things happen. Basically the same scenario the Saints had last year against the Vikings.

Merrith

Getting the SB participants right > a few extra minutes. If you are too pussy to sit through an extra few minutes in a playoff game go watch some faggotry like disc golf or futbol.

I agree 100% it should be greater than a few extra minutes...I can just see tons of scenarios where it isn't some blatantly missed call, and we then end up with a potentially even worse scenario, coaches challenging plays that are just so minor one way or the other judgement calls. Shit might take forever, and we get ref having to judge some slow mo replay of a hand brushing a face mask or some hand checking both ways and having to decide if PI or not.

Obviously with these kind of blown calls it would be great if they could challenge, it'd take all of 5 seconds to be like "call reversed" and they get it right. I'm just thinking about all the potential shortcomings that system might create, as well.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah I'm down with this, if they had gotten those PI calls right in the Steelers game the Rams would have had home field and would be in the Superbowl anyways and we wouldn't be talking about one play in a game that went to OT and the Saints had every chance in the world to win. Plus then we wouldn't have had to spend over 3 hours listening to some retards with whistles in the stands. Win/Win.

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Plus then we wouldn't have had to spend over 3 hours listening to some retards with whistles in the stands.

Rams are a great team, and there's every chance if they have home field (although LOL LA fans) they win a game against the Saints by a couple scores. But LOL when refs fuck up a call that badly every single person watching the game would have done a better job on that play.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Don't think anyone disputes it was a terrible no call. Go figure, NFL refs suck, I wonder if I've ever complained about them before.

Merrith

Don't think anyone disputes it was a terrible no call. Go figure, NFL refs suck, I wonder if I've ever complained about them before.

That's my point, granted I was out all day for the games yesterday watching at a bar, so I didn't get to read/catch up on the real time posts in here when it happened. I'm just betting if roles were reversed, you would have had a pretty bad meltdown over it...justifiably, too.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's my point, granted I was out all day for the games yesterday watching at a bar, so I didn't get to read/catch up on the real time posts in here when it happened. I'm just betting if roles were reversed, you would have had a pretty bad meltdown over it...justifiably, too.
I was actually pretty calm about the bullshit non calls against the Rams I think. I only really started getting worked up about the game in the 4th quarter, ask the wife!!!

(but yes, reverse the situation and I'd have been in melt down mode)

• 1Like

Merrith

I was actually pretty calm about the bullshit non calls against the Rams I think. I only really started getting worked up about the game in the 4th quarter, ask the wife!!!

(but yes, reverse the situation and I'd have been in melt down mode)

I still think we're getting a great Super Bowl, I mean that was a lock before the games even started, imo. It's just fun to think of the other combos we almost could (or should) have had in Brees v. Brady, or Goff v. Mahomes.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i say, each team can challenge 2 plays a game (except in the final 2 minutes of half/game)

i say give them a "penalty" challenge.. ONE per game where they can challenge a call/noncall of a penalty.

2 play challenges & 1 penalty challenge, that way- at least one penalty would not "control" the game outcome like it did yesterday.

the saints rams game was GREAT..but all everyone is talking about is....that noncall of a penalty.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams outgained the Saints on the road, with equipment malfunctions and deafening noise 378-290.

7 penalties against the Rams, 3 against the Saints.

Saints didn't have to leave this up to the officials.

• 2Like