2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm okay with them keeping the "penalty" challenge if they get it right. Not to say I've completely lost faith in NFL officiating...but wouldn't shock any of us if they blew multiple calls of this magnitude in one game at this point.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saints didn't have to leave this up to the officials.

I hate this quote, though. Idea behind it is some marginal call you'd be relying on in order to win. Sometimes everything is going to come down to one play, and it would be great if everyone involved played it legally and it was just down to whether the athletes on the field were able to make the play or not...but often that isn't how that play goes. Refs gotta do their job too. If we expect the players to be clutch in the biggest moments, no reason we shouldn't expect the officiating to live up to that, as well.

FWIW I didn't realize how badly the Patriots dominated the game yesterday statistically until I just looked. The 2 turnovers were huge, that and Mahomes' big play ability to help bring the Chiefs back into it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I hope this feeling of emptiness goes away before too long.

There there...it will go away.

05f85296b6b1eaa1a368e3d5b9946d37.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope this feeling of emptiness goes away before too long.
You have a young QB. There will be a lot more opportunities. Mine is nearing retirement. This year was probably our last chance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You have a young QB. There will be a lot more opportunities. Mine is nearing retirement. This year was probably our last chance.

Oh come on now dude, don't do this to yourself. Don't lie to yourself and make yourself think you had a chance.

• 4Ice Burn
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Maybe you guys will draft the next Drew Brees! (and then hand him off so he wins a Superbowl for another team)

• 2Ice Burn
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You have a young QB. There will be a lot more opportunities.

I remember saying that about Kaepernick after the 2013 super bowl. Those SB appearances are hard to come by, unless you're the Pats.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I remember saying that about Kaepernick after the 2013 super bowl. Those SB appearances are hard to come by, unless you're the Pats.
Yup, we all know the prolific super bowl career of Dan Marino (to use an actual QB and not a walking SJW talking point).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users