2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why are sports the one piece of entertainment where we have to even play national anthems, salute the troops, etc etc. I get it for the Olympics because that’s an international get together kind of thing, but TV, movies, video games, etc don’t have this default preamble before the performance that triggers half the people watching.

Just stick to the drama, punditry, hype up, etc of the performance before the game and take away all the other stuff that doesn’t actually accentuate the experience itself. At this point it would be the better business move for the NFL
Because the US government paid them to do so.

Also there is no black national anthem. Black is not a nation for fucks sake. The National Anthem is the "Black" national anthem.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
wqqh04zg11c71.jpg

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As a Seahawks fan, good! As a human being and sports fan, thats awful for the guy who was looking like a really good up and comer. Hopefully he can be the first to really bounce back from this kind of injury.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Sports are one thing I have to watch live. I have no idea why, but I can't do DVR sports.

But, wasn't there a YouTube channel that used to play the games like the next day or so and it skips everything that isn't an actual play? I swear I remember something like that.

we have this thing on Sportsnet in Canada. Jay’s in 30. Shows all the good parts of a baseball game in 30 min (still us commercials) but it’s awesome and plays all night so you can “watch the game” Quickturn anytime

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sick of Rodgers and "news" about him. Fuck him. He needs to just go back to Cali, so he can hang with his homo pals and host Jeopardy or some shit. No one will miss him, not even Packer fans.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm sick of Rodgers and "news" about him. Fuck him. Need needs to just go back to Cali, so he can hang with his homo pals and host Jeopardy or some shit. No one will miss him, not even Packer fans.

NFL loves this though. Keeps the talk up during this down time for them.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
talking heads are the worst thing about any pro sport. I can't even imagine what local coverage is in cities with a NFL team. I bet football 90% of all sports coverage during the season.
For euro 2020 I couldn't watch the sky coverage because they ejaculated every 10 minutes over how and why England is gonna win. I also couldn't watch the Estonian coverage because the compete retards there don't even know what game they're covering. Thankfully FInland still stepped up with their brilliant coverage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Rodgers returns to GB it will be such a letdown. The drama of him leaving is way too much fun.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
NFL loves this though. Keeps the talk up during this down time for them.
Football news is brutal this time of year. Every day I have 3 articles in my google news feed about "Will Nick Bosa have more than 8 sacks this year?" "How many games will Jimmy G start?" "Could Trey Lance win rookie of the year??" Zero new information, just some speculative textual diarrhea some random sports writer spewed out so they would have something to put next to their ads.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's not Rodgers who is reprinting stories from a month or more ago.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, that is a fat extension. Glad to get him locked up though. Dude is a beast.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty impressed they got him extended this year. Big bucks but he is worth it.

If Nick Bosa comes back looking like his rookie year he will dwarf that deal next year.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
19M is a lot of money for a MLB - don't get me wrong he deserves it. However, I wonder if that money could have been spent on another great/elite WR (like Golladay for example) would that have lead to more wins?

Bucs are going to have to face this same dilemma with Devin White soon and while I would love him to be a Buc long term, it makes me wonder if positional value is not as great there as say, locking up a WR like Chris Godwin long term

• 2Like