2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
19M is a lot of money for a MLB - don't get me wrong he deserves it. However, I wonder if that money could have been spent on another great/elite WR (like Golladay for example) would that have lead to more wins?

Bucs are going to have to face this same dilemma with Devin White soon and while I would love him to be a Buc long term, it makes me wonder if positional value is not as great there as say, locking up a WR like Chris Godwin long term

Very good question, I think WR brings more. There’s a reason certain positions aren’t paid big bucks and it’s called the salary cap. You want to pay that always there, generational stud but does he make wins? Not really, not consistently. I’m glad for him but it was a bad contract.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Certain players are worth more than their position. If you let a guy like Warner go, it's not just his position that gets worse, the whole defense does. Is it too much money for "generic linebacker with this many tackles per season"? Sure. Is it too much for Fred Warner? Maybe not. There's certain players you just have to keep on your team, and it's not necessarily as simple as what they're getting paid compared to other people at their position. Even on really great teams there's usually a few players that take you to another level and I think Warner is one of those guys, at least on the current team.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Very good question, I think WR brings more. There’s a reason certain positions aren’t paid big bucks and it’s called the salary cap. You want to pay that always there, generational stud but does he make wins? Not really, not consistently. I’m glad for him but it was a bad contract.
The problem is there aren't many WRs worth massive contracts right now. Hopkins is about the only dude I can think of who's truly "elite".

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only thing I would worry about is if his production goes down now that the contract is secured. Doesn't seem like the type of player that it would but you really never know.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem is there aren't many WRs worth massive contracts right now. Hopkins is about the only dude I can think of who's truly "elite".

Adams, Hill, Diggs, Hopkins. AJ Brown. Could debate on some other guys, and I could understand not having Hill in that list due to having Mahomes help him out so much.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Adams, Hill, Diggs, Hopkins. AJ Brown. Could debate on some other guys, and I could understand not having Hill in that list due to having Mahomes help him out so much.
Eh, I'll grant you Hill, but I'd say Diggs and Brown are borderline (Brown will probably get there though, if he continues). No fucking way Davante is "elite". He's hurt a lot and he's approaching that magical number of "30" in the NFL.

Merrith

Eh, I'll grant you Hill, but I'd say Diggs and Brown are borderline (Brown will probably get there though, if he continues). No fucking way Davante is "elite". He's hurt a lot and he's approaching that magical number of "30" in the NFL.

Rodgers helps Devante out a lot, but his numbers are pretty ridiculous. You look at stuff like fantasy efficiency both outside and inside the redzone and Adams is really high in both. AJ Brown is a pure stud, too, I think he's already there, they just don't throw as much with Henry. Also just looking at Allen's massive jump when they added Diggs. Some of that was Allen on his own, obviously, but Diggs finally got chance to shine.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Adams age and getting hurt is definitely a thing but his route running and cuts are just off the charts

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would have been fine giving All Pro Fred 110$ million.

They had to pay him, best lb in football.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Jerry’s on fire today

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Being an NFL player not being vaccinated just went from a series of inconveniences to something much bigger today. Outbreaks among unvaccinated staff and players could result in the team forfeiting a game and none of the players on either team being paid.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Being an NFL player not being vaccinated just went from a series of inconveniences to something much bigger today. Outbreaks among unvaccinated staff and players could result in the team forfeiting a game and none of the players on either team being paid.

Canceling anything because of a case of the China Sniffles is retarded to begin with.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Welp, so much for taking Cole Beasley as a late round steal in fantasy. Gabriel Davis back on my sleeper list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He has to be walking on eggshells with the stance he is taking publically. I wouldn't be surprised they "find" a reason to cut him