2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
49ers make Williams highest-paid OL with 6-year, $138M deal

So proud of my new team making all the right moves. What a glorious morning for the 49ers Ameraves Ameraves

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man I knew he was going to get paid, but that's crazy. Glad they've got him locked up

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently the 49ers also signed Alex Mack. That one concerns me a bit. While he was great a few years ago, he's now 35 and on the decline. Had his worst year by far last year.

Shanahan just can't quit his guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great decision by the Niners.

Most teams, and this 49er team specifically, looks completely different with a star LT starting. When Staley was at his peak, and we had Iupati and Davis and those guys, our offensive line was nasty. It just felt like a better unit, the protection was almost always solid to excellent, and our running game was ripping off chunks.

Justin Skule did a pretty good job during the 2019 Super Bowl run, but having Trent in there for the next few seasons is a relief. Now the 49ers can focus on CB and the Dline. We signed Ford, so hopefully if he can somehow get and stay healthy, and Bosa comes back close to his former self, then this is a playoff team.

I also wish fucking Mostert would stay healthy. I love the guy as a runner, he just cant stay on the field.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
We signed Ford, so hopefully if he can somehow get and stay healthy, and Bosa comes back close to his former self, then this is a playoff team.
I wouldn't hold your breath on Dee Ford playing again. They restructured his deal to provide cap relief this year because they knew he wouldn't be healthy enough to pass a physical by April 1st. And with that date looming, his injury guarantee kicks in and it is more expensive to cut him than keep him. So they restructured it to provide relief, but it doesn't mean he will actually play. That signing may be the biggest bust of them all for this 49ers regime.

• 1Like

Jozu

Ohhhh.

thanks man I didnt even know that.

Thats fucking sad. He played less than 250 snaps for the 49ers. Rotowire is saying that he "could have a bounce back season in 2021". I doubt he will get heathy though, I have held my breath with him long enough.

If we get Bosa back healthy, who else do we have on the Dline besides Kinlaw?

edit: Trent said "Make me the highest paid o lineman, or I go somewhere else".

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ohhhh.

thanks man I didnt even know that.

Thats fucking sad. He played less than 250 snaps for the 49ers. Rotowire is saying that he "could have a bounce back season in 2021". I doubt he will get heathy though, I have held my breath with him long enough.

If we get Bosa back healthy, who else do we have on the Dline besides Kinlaw?

edit: Trent said "Make me the highest paid o lineman, or I go somewhere else".
They still need more depth on the Dline. They just signed Ebukam from the Rams, and while it isn't a huge splash signing he is a super athletic DE similar to Ford physically. I'm not saying he is the same, he at least has some similar physical traits.

Starting front should look something like, Ebukam, Armstead, Kinlaw, Bosa. Like I said though, they still need more depth to give those guys a break.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Sorry Pals, best Oline in the league won’t help if your QB is still Jimmy G

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Animosity

OK. Explain to me this narrative. Is Jimmy G some sort of bottom tier QB?
Hes not a top 20 and you cant count on him to pull your team outta of a bad whole. If you are wanting to be a contender in a stacked division like the NFC West, you need far better than Jimmy G.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure about not top 20, but he's not top tier. He's one of those dudes that can do some work if he has a real good team around him, but he's unlikely to be the main reason why you're winning.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He excels at game management, like handing the ball off. It's bound to close the amount of time he has been on the field playing vs off the field hurt.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jimmy has proven he can get you there with a solid defense and running game. The biggest issue with him has been injury. Yeah he looked like shit in his last couple of games last year but he was playing with a high ankle sprain. If Shanahan ever gets his hands on a really elite QB the league should be scared, especially with the weapons they have now.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
having such an injury history as a mid tier dude is definitely a pretty big red flag.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

having such an injury history as a mid tier dude is definitely a pretty big red flag.
Yea hes played 30 outta 64 regular season games. Only one season with 16 when they went to the SB. Other wise its 5, 3, 6 for the other seasons.

Best ability is availability!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
That's an availability thing and not his actual skill level, there's no way there's 29 better QBs. But again, the health thing is a real issue.