2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Which is why hes ranked where he is. Even if he was Mahomes, he would be ranked there. Not worth paying a guy $30+ mil to only get 5 games a year out of him.

Jimmy G's skill isnt even great either, its serviceable. Thats why they were interested in Cousins. Similar skill that would work in their system but Cousins plays every game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That's an availability thing and not his actual skill level, there's no way there's 29 better QBs. But again, the health thing is a real issue.

This is the list, for those curious.

You need to remove Brees and Rivers,

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hes not a top 20 and you cant count on him to pull your team outta of a bad whole. If you are wanting to be a contender in a stacked division like the NFC West, you need far better than Jimmy G.
Jimmy G isn't elite like Flacco, but PLEASE list me the 20 QBs better than him. I can't wait to see this fucking doozy..

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you count injury history and availability, then no he isn't top 20. If you discount that, and look at his body of work while on the field, he is probably top 15.

In the one full year he played in SF, they went to the Super Bowl and he had a handful of very good games. He excelled in the games against the Saints and Seahawks (in Seattle no less). So it isn't like he folded under pressure at all times. However, as noted above he will not carry the team, he won't elevate those around him. He needs everything to be lined up nearly perfect in order to excel. And he will still occasionally throw an absolute boneheaded INT.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
i mean i get preferring young unproven but high potential dudes ahead of him. but even with that he's clearly not 30th. that's just stupid. that probably puts him 15-20 range, which is like i said good enough to win with a good team around him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Last year isn't in any way representative of how he plays when healthy. If he's not healthy though, it doesn't really matter how good he is when he is healthy.

"Injury prone" is a pretty shitty label to put on people. A lot of it is just luck. Matt Stafford was called injury prone early in his career and he's been one of the most durable quarterbacks ever. Frank Gore was considered "injury prone" in college. Everyone can get injured and just because it happens to you a couple years in a row doesn't necessarily mean it will continue to happen. That said though, you're going to have a hard time winning with your $20M guy sitting on the bench.

• 1Like

Animosity

Last year isn't in any way representative of how he plays when healthy. If he's not healthy though, it doesn't really matter how good he is when he is healthy.

"Injury prone" is a pretty shitty label to put on people. A lot of it is just luck. Matt Stafford was called injury prone early in his career and he's been one of the most durable quarterbacks ever. Frank Gore was considered "injury prone" in college. Everyone can get injured and just because it happens to you a couple years in a row doesn't necessarily mean it will continue to happen. That said though, you're going to have a hard time winning with your $20M guy sitting on the bench.
DeSean Jackson checking in.

Sterling

El Presidente
ok as a 49ers fan if someone straight up offered to swap you andy dalton or alex smith for him on equal contracts you're saying yes?

Animosity

If you are talking about now, of couse not dont be a fucking idiot. If it was when they were all in their primes everyone would take either of them of Jimmy G.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Those guys made the playoffs every year. Jimmy G has once.
Dalton hasnt been to the playoffs in like 7 years and never sniffed a superbowl. The one full season Jimmy got in as a starter, he went to the superbowl.

I dont even like him but basing an opinion on an nfl.com ranking is big dumb. He can easily be interchangeable with the qbs between 13-18.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He didn't get them to a superbowl, he was a verified hand off machine who occasionally threw the ball

• 3Like

Animosity

His defense and run game carried him. It showed once they hit the SB that he couldnt make a passing play when needed.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
OK. Explain to me this narrative. Is Jimmy G some sort of bottom tier QB?

Not sure about QB skills but definitely a bottom

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
While John McClain is as about as good as it gets at being the Texans Insider.

He has no clue what they are burning on the grill over there on Kirby.
Also.

1615998286338.png

• 3Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

this is what I hate about the media. I know for a fact the HC has made statements since then and he’s a paid rep for the team. These worthless assholes need clicks so damn bad and their own integrity is so worthless to them. Might as well ask your neighbor for real info cause he would be about as honest and informed. Completely worthless