2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

In the statement, Hardin says that allegations of sexual assault against Watson are false, and he says that one of the plaintiffs who has brought a case against Watson attempted to blackmail him.

Watson's very first statement about this said he was contacted right before the first lawsuit for six figures

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They're only refuting the consensual aspect of it, which kind of establishes he looks for that kind of thing from massages. I'm not sure it looks that great for him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That fits with a fairly known thing, NFL stars get laid a lot. If they can prove an intent to blackmail over a consensual encounter seems like a pretty big deal. I wonder if they will attempt to press charges against her.

DickTrickle

I wonder if he'll make the consensual claim for all the others. That's probably the smartest play from a civil and criminal liability perspective, maybe not so much from a public relations one though.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be an extremely hard sell for him. The primary difference between him and Kraft is that Kraft went to a place of business that was known to do these things. It's how they got busted. The massage came with previous benefits. No one complained about Kraft's behavior. This is nothing like that. He had them come to his home, and unless he has documentation showing agreement for the expected outcomes, they can claim they went to be regular masseuses. He also went through a lot of masseuses during this timeframe. That says something to even the dumbest of people. "That lady never answered my phone. I wonder why????" Here's some statements that, even if untrue, shows he knows this was inappropriate but continued these activities.

he makes "a lot of massage therapists uncomfortable and it's really hard for me to find someone who will meet my needs."

"I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine."

he told her, "I will not have you sign a NDA but don't ever talk about this."

The woman says she started shaking and felt intimidated and threatened.

I'm not saying any of this is true but there's a skyscraper full of smoke if that isn't fire. I'm also wondering how he gets out from under this. I'm not thinking criminal charges just due to his popularity, wealth, and difficulty providing proof. I'm saying, How in the fuck does the NFL suspend Adrian Peterson a year for whipping his kid once and doesn't throw the book at a guy doing inappropriate things to over a dozen women? How it suspends Elliott four games but that's alright Deshaun! It looks even worse because he can have sex with all kinds of WILLING women. This looks like the worst kind of power play by a guy who knew better and just didn't give a shit. How you going to sell that NFL? Add another female ref?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
my #1 question is not how do you prove his innocence but his guilt? is there security footage of any of this? is it all just he-said she-said? if it's the latter then there's no case.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
is it all just he-said she-said? if it's the latter then there's no case.
justin timberlake what GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's a kind of no win situation for the NFL right now, putting him on the commissioners list now appeases the media perhaps but technically does nothing since it is the off season. Once any sort of team activities start and he is not on the list is when it could get nasty for the NFL

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Don’t know the name but sounds like a sneaky good pickup for a bargain price.
He led the 49ers in sacks last year with 9.5, but the majority of it was cleanup. He's a solid rotational player, but not someone you should want as your main edge rusher.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Watson needs to play the racism angle HARD, especially since Kraft did the same thing and saw very minor punishment. Probably the best shot he has at washing the whole thing away.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He led the 49ers in sacks last year with 9.5, but the majority of it was cleanup. He's a solid rotational player, but not someone you should want as your main edge rusher.
Well it’s Seattle so he’s probably the main guy lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
my #1 question is not how do you prove his innocence but his guilt? is there security footage of any of this? is it all just he-said she-said? if it's the latter then there's no case.

Multiple victims can derail your shit quick.

If the victim can show she had a massage scheduled with him. Otexts she sent a friend about his finger in her butt. Any small thing to corroborate her statement? Then multiply this times 10.

No team will sign him. He will forever be on the exempt list.

This is...where there is smoke? That shits on fire.

• 1Truth!

DickTrickle

I wonder if he's so dumb that he thinks every massage therapist gives blowjobs and handjobs. Seems like he had a regular before and then just figured everybody did what that place did.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
As zzeris zzeris mentioned above, do you not recall the other cases the NFL has suspended players over? He is going to get hit with some sort of suspension no matter what.

I'm talking about an actual criminal conviction, we all know the NFL is gonna put his ass on the list. He has about as much of a chance as playing this season as Kaepernick does.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I'm thinking Florio is pretty spot on here. Wonder if Hardin had him take a polygraph ahead of deciding to represent him