2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
makes me wonder if the 49'ers already know what the Jets are going to do with #2

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
makes me wonder if the 49'ers already know what the Jets are going to do with #2

If Philly ONLY wanted Wilson to trade up to 3 and that didn't get done...yeah. Wilson to Jets has been rumored for a bit in a lot of mocks. Maybe Shanahan likes Fields more.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm also wondering if Tua is a goner now that Miami is back up to #6.

Merrith

I'm also wondering if Tua is a goner now that Miami is back up to #6.

for what? Mac Jones? This guarantees the top 3 picks are all QB's, and Trey Lance is viewed as a bit of a project. Falcons trading out of #4 to Carolina, Denver, or Pats is a real possibility I think for Lance. Cincy will take Sewell at 5, then Miami will have their choice between Pitts or whichever WR they think is best.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit that is a lot to give up. And honestly I only wanted them to do it if they were going to get Wilson, and I don't think he will be there at 3. This legit has me scared!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
for what? Mac Jones? This guarantees the top 3 picks are all QB's, and Trey Lance is viewed as a bit of a project. Falcons trading out of #4 to Carolina, Denver, or Pats is a real possibility I think for Lance. Cincy will take Sewell at 5, then Miami will have their choice between Pitts or whichever WR they think is best.

Ya, I'm just wondering what the overall plan is for them, Tua is far from a legit starting QB in my mind. I do think Jones is getting slept on and is gonna be far better than his projections say

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Ya, I'm just wondering what the overall plan is for them, Tua is far from a legit starting QB in my mind. I do think Jones is getting slept on and is gonna be far better than his projections say

I just don't think they bail on him after 1 year. Pretty safe bet Miami ends up taking Pitts or whoever they think is better between Chase/Smith at #6.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Miami still should probably take Sewell if he's there at 6. Since he probably won't be, not sure who they're targeting. Maybe with Flores being a Patriots guy wants to do the 2 TE thing and go for Pitts. If they do that hopefully neither him or Gesicki turn out to be murderers.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers claiming they are still holding onto Jimmy G, but I absolutely can see them trading him back to NE.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, the Dolphins are just crushing it. Now they need to turn those picks into quality players.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Miami still should probably take Sewell if he's there at 6. Since he probably won't be, not sure who they're targeting. Maybe with Flores being a Patriots guy wants to do the 2 TE thing and go for Pitts. If they do that hopefully neither him or Gesicki turn out to be murderers.

I don't think Sewell gets past Cincy at 5. Some mocks had Miami taking him at 3, but I just can't see Cincy passing on him knowing they need to protect Burrow.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
they forgot the 2nd round pick they got also, but it's now 3 1sts, and 2nd and a 3rd for tunsil

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think Sewell gets past Cincy at 5. Some mocks had Miami taking him at 3, but I just can't see Cincy passing on him knowing they need to protect Burrow.
yeah I think it's very unlikely he's there at 6. seems likely to be pitts or a receiver, but i kind of hate taking a WR that early with how deep it is. the 12th WR taken in the draft will be a real player the 12th O line guy will be a huge drop off.

Merrith

yeah I think it's very unlikely he's there at 6. seems likely to be pitts or a receiver, but i kind of hate taking a WR that early with how deep it is. the 12th WR taken in the draft will be a real player the 12th O line guy will be a huge drop off.

Actually this draft is pretty deep at OL, too. Definitely a gap between the top 2-3 WR and everyone else, too.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's just some weird shit he's doing based on how strong he feels each team is. there's not really actual data involved, not that using previous year record is a great way to do SoS either.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If ever the Jets were going to trade out of the 2 pick, this is the time to do it. Miami getting 3 1sts and a current year 3rd just to move down 9 spots really sets the market high. The Jets will probably demand at least 3 1sts and more than 1 later round pick to move out of the 2 spot now. Anyone wanting to jump the 9er's to get whoever they think is #2 QB will have to pay a fortune.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users