2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY BABY.... they SHOULD make the playoffs, then it is anyone's game. i still think the BUCS will win the superbowl if i am being pragmatic about it..

seriously though. they shoulda kept brady! (go bucs...except vs patriots!)

newton has looked improved this year as a qb and Jones is pushing hard to replace him and is looking good as well.
WR wise the team improved with harry looking SIGNIFICANTLY better this year. plus all the TE help we got etc...

offensively, the team SHOULD be much better.

defensively, with the players that opted out last year back, the defense should be very good as well.

now it all depends on IF THE FUCKING QB CAN PASS THE BALL ACCURATELY.
newton last year SUCKED at passing the ball. this year- at least in practice- he has looked better
Jones is looking- overall since he is a rookie - better passing than newton - at times- but each practice he is improving and in the opinion of a lot of reporters is really pushing newton for the starting role.

personally, unless jones for the rest of the preseason and the preseason games blows newton's performance out of the water, newton will start the year as #1 QB, but it looks like the patriots -potentially- have a quality replacement for brady . and if newton sucks in games, the calls for jones to start will be coming hard and fast.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY BABY.... they SHOULD make the playoffs, then it is anyone's game. i still think the BUCS will win the superbowl if i am being pragmatic about it..

seriously though. they shoulda kept brady! (go bucs...except vs patriots!)

newton has looked improved this year as a qb and Jones is pushing hard to replace him and is looking good as well.
WR wise the team improved with harry looking SIGNIFICANTLY better this year. plus all the TE help we got etc...

offensively, the team SHOULD be much better.

defensively, with the players that opted out last year back, the defense should be very good as well.

now it all depends on IF THE FUCKING QB CAN PASS THE BALL ACCURATELY.
newton last year SUCKED at passing the ball. this year- at least in practice- he has looked better
Jones is looking- overall since he is a rookie - better passing than newton - at times- but each practice he is improving and in the opinion of a lot of reporters is really pushing newton for the starting role.

personally, unless jones for the rest of the preseason and the preseason games blows newton's performance out of the water, newton will start the year as #1 QB, but it looks like the patriots -potentially- have a quality replacement for brady . and if newton sucks in games, the calls for jones to start will be coming hard and fast.
I don't think playoffs are guaranteed. The two big reasons are that Miami has also improved, and Buffalo should still be good. The second thing is you're talking about Mac Jones possibly challenging Cam Newton. There should be no discussion of a rookie QB "challenging" or "pushing" a first string QB if the first string QB is doing what's expected in camp.

Don't trust Cam Newton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kra!

But yeah Cam Newton is a fucking coward with no heart and I would never want him for my QB.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pats have it tough like any other potential wild card team has it tough in AFC. Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, and Brown are all probable locks. Tennessee likely to win their shit division especially with Colts and their injury problems. But you've got Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, and San Diego all floating in the potential wild card hunt (and I already think Baltimore or Cleveland gets 1 of the 3 WC's).

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently they are supposed to be cracking down on taunting this year.

• 5Pathetic
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
no fun league strikes again
Waving "goodbye" as you blow past a dude on an INT return or something? Fine, part of the game and sometimes hilarious.

Catching a 6 yard pass for a first down and getting up and spiking the ball in the 2nd quarter? Fuck off, enjoy your penalty.

I think this is an overall good change.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Waving "goodbye" as you blow past a dude on an INT return or something? Fine, part of the game and sometimes hilarious.

Catching a 6 yard pass for a first down and getting up and spiking the ball in the 2nd quarter? Fuck off, enjoy your penalty.

I think this is an overall good change.

true, players celebrating every play is fucking stupid. oh you made a tackle on a RB after he made a 5 yard run, why the fuck are you celebrating?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My favorite are the DB's who get up and flex or do the incomplete signal on drops/bad throws that they did absolutely nothing to cause

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My favorite are the DB's who get up and flex or do the incomplete signal on drops/bad throws that they did absolutely nothing to cause
One of the 49ers podcasts I listen to has a drinking game, and that is one of the rules of when you drink.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Imagine he is getting the boot from the commissioner again and everything the Seahawks got wasn't much

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NQK2LUYWNVHIHLDA7VUMW6NKCM.png

Hard Knocks Cowboys premiered last night.

As a Cowboys fan, I am not impressed. Mike McCarthy is a corny and spineless mother fucker. He is just another lap dog to the Jones' doing what ever the tell him. He was asking Steven Jones last night whether or not he should limit Zeke's workload. What the fuck Mike? That IS YOUR JOB and what the coach does.

I like Dak, always have. It sure is disappointing and concerning to see him dealing with these injuries though. Zeke looks like he might want to be a good football player again.

The whole team feels soft and looking for leadership. I am bracing for another terrible season.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
he's funny. Someone should remind him that ol' Tommy-boy already had 3 rings by the time he turned 30 and had cemented his status. Girly eyelashes here has zero playoff appearances. He has had one very good "lets give him big money, lock him down" year but then he had that huge injury and has never been the same, then a couple of "it was alright" and "why is he a starter?" seasons. Even Fitzmagic has a better chance of playing till 45.

• 2Worf

Ome

Molten Core Raider
No where did Carr say he is as good as Brady or that he's going to be as accomplished as Brady someday. Where on your butthole did Carr touch you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You expect Bubbles to have an accurate take? #thoughtsandprayers

• 2Like