2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel a little bad kicking the kid while he's down but here's another good read from before Zach Wilson was drafted.

TLDR: the buzz that drove Wilson's draft value up so high was made up out of nowhere by NFL scouts and he may never have had the skill level to play in the NFL in the first place. And of course the Jets ended up swallowing it hook line and sinker because the organization is retards from top to bottom.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was going to come into this and say Dolphins @ 49ers is probably going to be the best game next week, but Jets @ Vikings, Titans @ Eagles, and Chiefs @ Bengals are all great games as well.

Damn these are all SNF-worthy games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wrong. Dak hasn't won any Super Bowls.

south park GIF

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was going to come into this and say Dolphins @ 49ers is probably going to be the best game next week, but Jets @ Vikings, Titans @ Eagles, and Chiefs @ Bengals are all great games as well.

Still the most intriguing matchup though. Past familiarity of coaches between each other, similar offensive systems. 49ers have the better defense but Miami has the better offense/QB. Both teams have injuries to overcome (Miami just lost their pro bowl left tackle and the lowly Texans were immediately able to get pressure after that, and Raheem Mostert gave us 10 good games but is now out with his knee).

It's not the end of the world if Miami loses (need to win the games vs AFC teams more for tiebreakers, and KC's schedule is a lot easier so I don't expect them to lose the top seed) so I'm just going to take it in and try to enjoy it.

I don't think the Dolphins win without Armstead. He's just that important to keeping Tua free to find the right open guy. With Armstead, I think we'd win it. I'm hoping Jimmy just plays the way we know he can, and we pull one out. Honestly, it's the hardest remaining slate of games in the toughest division in football. I think we can pull out 3 wins and get in, but I don't think we beat the Jets, Bills, or 9'ers. I'm hoping the Chargers look amazing the first quarter and then decide to shit on their fans again (like always). I think we've got the Packers and Pats either way. Jinx incoming.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don't think it was flagged. My buddy is a big Seahawks fan and he was like "well it turns out there were only 10 men on the field, so it really isn't that big a deal".

Yeah OK, whatever makes you feel better.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Jimmy doesnt have the Denver game, he would have been having his best season yet. If he plays well over the final 6 games that could still end up being the case, but thinking he will play well for a 10 game stretch is asking A LOT. Him staying healthy for 10 games is an incredible accomplishment for him, nevermind playing mistake free football.

Elijah Mitchell is injured more than he is healthy, its unreal. Everytime he carries the ball i wince.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So that dude who murdered JuJu ended up with a 6.6k fine. DK Metcalf argues with a ref over what was probably a blown DPI call and gets a 30k fine.

I know fines are based (partially? entirely?) on player salary and the dude who killed JuJu is a nobody but it still looks pathetic.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think they always go after players much harder if you are going at a ref vs other players.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So that dude who murdered JuJu ended up with a 6.6k fine. DK Metcalf argues with a ref over what was probably a blown DPI call and gets a 30k fine.

I know fines are based (partially? entirely?) on player salary and the dude who killed JuJu is a nobody but it still looks pathetic.
According to this it had nothing to do with arguing with the official. Just the Unsportsmanlike penalty. Do we know why DK was flagged?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

He was jawing at the ref before this video starts as well but here is the end of it

Kaines

Potato Supreme

He was jawing at the ref before this video starts as well but here is the end of it
Ok so he got flagged with an Unsportsmanlike for jawing with the refs and an Unsportsmanlike always carries a 30k fine no matter what you did to get it. I wonder how the 30k "Verbal or other Non-physical" officiating fines are determined.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Holy shit it's worse then I thought. Even a second offense of any personal foul with the singular exception of spearing is less of a fine than arguing with an official. WTF NFL

• 1Pathetic

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Holy shit it's worse then I thought. Even a second offense of any personal foul with the singular exception of spearing is less of a fine than arguing with an official. WTF NFL

Probably the mindset of being a step or two late, hitting a player's head when you were going for chest, etc. has no intent and is bound to happen to all defenders at some point vs something they have full control over

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trying to end someone's career is punished less harshly than verbal disrespecting an official lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jimmy G forcing me to root for him again makes me sick, but doing some reflection I thought about the 90s with Steve Young and how he missed the playoffs in 91, and lost to the Cowboys twice (badly) in the NFC Championship game the next 2 years.

I was 10 years old at the time, so looking back at it now, would I have said fuck Steve Young after the 2nd Cowboys loss? I jumped off Jimmy bandwagon after the game losing interception against the Rams last year in the NFCCG. Now Steve won a fucking MVP in 92 and 94 and lead the league in passing etc, which Jimmy is NO WHERE near. So I imagine Steve had a lot of cache even at the start of the 94 season.

With all of that said, perhaps Jimmy is growing as a player, and will actually rise to the occasion and play well in a playoff game.

We've had 4 weeks in a row of "Good Jimmy" which is pretty unprecedented aside from the year they brought him out from New England. He did get bailed out on a bad INT by a penalty in this game and he took a lot of hits but hung in there and he deserves some credit for that. I'd still like to see a bizarro world game where Pat Mahomes was on this team and see what a real elite QB could do with all the weapons the 49ers have.

That 13-0 game was closer than it sounded. Saints have a very good defense and it took a couple of goal line stands to keep them from scoring. Sucks to lose Mitchell again but it sounds like he might get back for the playoffs. Really need CMC to stay healthy now and it sounds like he was beat up in the game yesterday as well. They did say everyone was a little out of sorts after the short week with Thanksgiving and a long flight back from Mexico so hopefully that's true. I think they need to play better vs. Miami than they did this week.
ROFL

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
while on the topic of fines, cheers to the NFL for not fining this guy last week. excellent suplex tackle