2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lots of comparisons to be made between Jimmy G and Smith. Both had a hard time staying on the field in San Francisco because of injuries. Both got replaced by the up-and-coming, mixed-race, 6’4” 225lb, ‘future of the team’, stud QB WHILE the team was in the middle of a stretch of being a Super Bowl contending team**. Heck, Trey Lance even took social justice knees at NDSU and seems to be all-in on the Black Lives Matter grift, just to drive home the irony.

** - I guess Smith wins out because he managed to do this exact same thing twice. If Patrick Mahomes was one inch taller it would be further proof that we live in a simulation.
Alex wasn't nearly as injury prone as Jimmy. 2008 is really the only time he missed an entire season due to injury and he never dealt with all the "nagging" injury shit Jimmy did. That season he was "replaced" by Kaepernick it was literally just a one week concussion thing. But, because Kaepernick was "flashy" in that Bears game, he never got another chance with SF.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Alex wasn't nearly as injury prone as Jimmy. 2008 is really the only time he missed an entire season due to injury and he never dealt with all the "nagging" injury shit Jimmy did. That season he was "replaced" by Kaepernick it was literally just a one week concussion thing. But, because Kaepernick was "flashy" in that Bears game, he never got another chance with SF.

Sure fair point on the injury front, but I don’t understand why you put replaced in quotes as if that’s not exactly what happened. Harbaugh had been wanting to replace Smith, but Alex was playing the best ball of his career and the team was winning. Jim got the exact excuse he was hoping for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sure fair point on the injury front, but I don’t understand why you put replaced in quotes as if that’s not exactly what happened. Harbaugh had been wanting to replace Smith, but Alex was playing the best ball of his career and the team was winning. Jim got the exact excuse he was hoping for.
Yeah, didn't mean to put replaced in quotes. I think the desire to replace Smith with a "flashier" QB was more a Greg Roman thing and less a Harbaugh thing though. Not to say Jim wasn't on board, but I think Roman thinks he's a genius that needs that "style" of QB for his offense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That style of quarterback was working great at that time because defenses hadn't figured out how to deal with it yet. That was the same year RGIII was tearing up defenses in Washington as well as Wilson in Seattle and the year after Cam Newton had the best rookie season ever. The Niners could see how it was working. Considering the fact that they had a guy like that on the roster I don't think it was that crazy of an idea to put him in and he tore it up in the first year. That was actually the beginning of the streak of the 49ers humiliating Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs.

You don't watch that video and think "Ooh but think what Alex Smith could have done in that game". It didn't last for long but it was pretty fucking fun for a while there. When he took off it looked like the other players were standing still.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Smith's stats pumped up by 2 shootouts, ironically one he won (sick ass game v Saints, 36-32), and one he lost the epic Andrew Luck 45-44 comeback (although Smith and the offense did their D no favors in the 2nd half at least...but really how does the D give up that lead). 7 of his 14 career playoff TD's came in those 2 games. The one against Luck and the Colts the only time Smith ever threw for over 300 yards in a playoff game.

Ironically, aside from that Saints game, Smith's first career playoff game, he lost every other playoff game in which the opposing team scored a single point in.

Yeah he did really good in 2 games so they dont count

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah he did really good in 2 games so they dont count

It's a good troll attempt Ambi, but your reading comp suffers sometimes so it might just be you being dumb, I'll have to hear more to come down more firmly on whichever side.

• 1Moron

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a good troll attempt Ambi, but your reading comp suffers sometimes so it might just be you being dumb, I'll have to hear more to come down more firmly on whichever side.

Everything you said was a fence sitting waste of a post as usual

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything you said was a fence sitting waste of a post as usual

If you just want to troll about it, sure. It'd be like pointing out Flacco had a great 4 game run his Super Bowl year, he must have been great in the playoffs every single game of his career!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
49ers lose another coach. And apparently he is mix race, so they get another 2 3rds!

He can't be any bigger of a fuck up than their last 7 hires in Miami;
Wannstedt, Saban, Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, Gase, Flores. Wannstedt was the best of that terrible pile and the only one to see multiple playoff seasons, a playoff win, and have a winning record. The Dolphins are pathetic.

Edit- NFL back up to 4 diversity hires out of 32.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wonder if he's going in there expecting Tua to be the guy, or for Miami to make a big push to get someone else.
Tua still has a lot of developing to do, but I think he comes in over the Dalton-Bridgewater line if they improve that garbage offensive line and that has to be priority #1 this offseason.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Miami has a historically bad line. Like bad enough that they make the Bengals line seem awesome. I'm not really sure what to make of the McDaniel hire, but hopefully it creates some stability on offense. Just not having a new OC every season would help.

He can't be any bigger of a fuck up than their last 7 hires in Miami;
Wannstedt, Saban, Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin, Gase, Flores. Wannstedt was the best of that terrible pile and the only one to see multiple playoff seasons, a playoff win, and have a winning record. The Dolphins are pathetic.

Edit- NFL back up to 4 diversity hires out of 32.
Wannstedt wasn't bad but that was when the team was still pretty loaded with talent on defense at least. I think Saban could have been a good NFL coach but he obviously left for Alabama like a bitch. But they've definitely been a shitshow in terms of coaching hires.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Y9eEqTX.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Nevada law defines “Substantial Bodily Harm” in NRS 0.060 as meaning: Bodily injury which creates a substantial risk of death or which causes serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ; or. Prolonged physical pain.

Doesn't sound good

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This is awesome, so because of the newer racist 2 3rd round draft choice thing for hiring away minorities from other teams every team is going to replace their staff with diversity hires in the hopes they get hired away for draft picks.

I see nothing wrong with this plan.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know how you guys call Flores a shit coaching hire. Dude worked magic with that garbage roster.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is awesome, so because of the newer racist 2 3rd round draft choice thing for hiring away minorities from other teams every team is going to replace their staff with diversity hires in the hopes they get hired away for draft picks.

I see nothing wrong with this plan.

They'd have to be decent to get hired away, since there's no incentive for the hiring team based on diversity. The idea that teams are just going to put any piece of shit in there in the hopes that someone is dumb enough to take them even though they suck is a little far fetched.