2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea if any team has made a legitimate offer for Jimmy G. I do wonder, though, if they’ve passed on offers for 3rd or 4th rounders from bad teams because they were trying to “do what’s best for Jimmy”. Him wanting to go to a winning situation and the 49ers wanting to acquiesce to that may end up hurting both parties.

There’s no way he stays in the roster, he ain’t going to start and he’s too expensive to be a backup, plus they need his money to sign some FAs and lockdown deebo and others. It’s starting to look like they’re just going to have to cut him and by the time that happens there may not be a place interested in signing him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I mean who is really left at this point? Unless you count Seattle and playing against him twice a year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Baker doesn't have any control at all over where he ends up does he? Best case scenario for him is nobody is willing to pay his contract and the Browns have to cut him, then the dream would be to go play backup for a pittance in Tampa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, he has zero input which him announcing to the world he wanted to go to the Colts probable wasn't a good idea.

EDIT read a thing that the Colts weren't interested regardless

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Read the same, Colts got rid of one baby didn't want another with Mayfield.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't realize how seldom Ryan has been injured, 3 total games missed to two minor injuries in a 14 season career so far.

I'd really like to know who insisted that Baker play with that torn labrum, Baker himself or the coaching staff.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ryan is the ultimate tier 2 QB to me. I can’t think of another guy in my life that started for so long with such good numbers but was always just that step below the top guys. The falcons missed on so many picks and signings in his time they never had enough of a roster to put him over the top but damn, 14 years as a starter with one team with the wins they had is rare.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ryan is the ultimate tier 2 QB to me. I can’t think of another guy in my life that started for so long with such good numbers but was always just that step below the top guys. The falcons missed on so many picks and signings in his time they never had enough of a roster to put him over the top but damn, 14 years as a starter with one team with the wins they had is rare.
The 2012 season when Kaepernick and the defense led them back to win was their season to "lose", IMO. I think they beat the Ravens that year. They had probably the best receiving core in the league (White, Jones, AND Tony G? Insane!) and Ryan was money that year. It's just that sometimes, the better team doesn't always win and Atlanta was giving up a TON of yards that season, if I remember right.

As far as Jimmy goes, there are rumors that the 49ers had a 2nd round pick offer for him, but didn't take it. I think Lynch/Shanahan vastly over-estimated his value and didn't think things like Watson moving, Wilson, etc. would happen, giving them more leverage. It's looking like a gamble they took that isn't going to pay off and now will likely have to settle for 3rd or 4ths.

• 1Worf

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I still think Mariota can play at a higher level than we've seen so far but even if he proves me right he's got a long two years ahead of him.
2 years, this guy will be lucky to get to 2 weeks without getting hurt.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
As far as Jimmy goes, there are rumors that the 49ers had a 2nd round pick offer for him, but didn't take it. I think Lynch/Shanahan vastly over-estimated his value and didn't think things like Watson moving, Wilson, etc. would happen, giving them more leverage. It's looking like a gamble they took that isn't going to pay off and now will likely have to settle for 3rd or 4ths.
I think you are absolutely correct in them overestimating what they thought they would get for him, and I think his shoulder surgery compounded the problem. I really hope they just cut him and move on. The 49ers really don't need it hanging over their head heading into training camp.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey Kirun, how are you feeling about Jimmy G now? I told you he was fucking garbage, and 31 NFL GM's agree with me.

• 1EyeRoll

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
QB by committee, with Jimmy G taking 89% of the snaps.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's going to be a serious distraction if he is with the 49ers come training camp. At this point I fully expect him to be on the team through OTA's, but he won't be cleared to throw so it really won't matter. But if he continues to hang around much beyond that, the 49ers front office is making a fairly large mistake.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's going to be a serious distraction if he is with the 49ers come training camp. At this point I fully expect him to be on the team through OTA's, but he won't be cleared to throw so it really won't matter. But if he continues to hang around much beyond that, the 49ers front office is making a fairly large mistake.
Maybe that's true, but also think of this. With the absolute sorry state of QB's in the NFC, Jimmy G is a top 5 NFC QB.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jimmy G

If you think the list is wrong, just name another current NFC QB who is better.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Drew Lock!

star trek GIF