2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah if they called holding every time it happened no plays would ever count. they have to pick and choose on plays where the QB would have probably maybe definitely been sacked if not held.

More likely they'd hold a hell of a lot less when they don't get away with it 80% of the time

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm praying Fangio gets hired as a coach somewhere and we get another DC because they aren't going to get rid of him (even though they should since the system is awful against good QB's). In an alternate timeline, another team hired Brian Flores 4-5 years ago, and he became our DC last year instead.
Yeah, just playing base defense like 99 percent of the time works good against bad to average offenses but you really need to be less predictable against good teams. Also, all the injuries suck, but most teams have them at this point. It's pretty hard to really know how I feel about them right now. if you had told me that they'd be the top scoring team at this point and 11-5 before the season, I'd have felt pretty good about that. But the bad games against the good offensive teams just feel real bad. Because it's not a sometimes thing, it's a pretty much Everytime thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, just playing base defense like 99 percent of the time works good against bad to average offenses but you really need to be less predictable against good teams. Also, all the injuries suck, but most teams have them at this point. It's pretty hard to really know how I feel about them right now. if you had told me that they'd be the top scoring team at this point and 11-5 before the season, I'd have felt pretty good about that. But the bad games against the good offensive teams just feel real bad. Because it's not a sometimes thing, it's a pretty much Everytime thing.

Yep, I would have been very excited... but then they say, you will be 11-5 with the best offense but you can't beat good teams. Huh, that's impossible we won't have beaten a good team while going 11-5....right? Right?

JEIGZA5V4RJB574GVO5U7XOQJI.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Your Backup is great, your coach is fine.

both teams aren’t playing like they should.

Browning is definitely one of the better backup QBs in the league. I wonder if the Bengals will entertain trading him or keep him for his last year.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Curious how the league is going to respond to David Tepper tossing a drink on jaguar fans from his suite.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
This GB vs Vikings game was exciting.

It would have been even more fun if the Vikings showed up.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bills @ Miami as final game of the season seems appropriate

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I dunno if Allen will be demoted now or not. Tue NFLs official stance now is this was all the Lions fault and officials got nothing wrong.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How old is that? And where is that from?

Edit: Just saw it was from ESPN. Just weird that it shows WAS as the team for Chase Young, so I thought it was old.

Also doesn't at all change my point
The guy with the highest win rate by 10 points isn't getting held AT ALL?? Fuck off. The NFL is trash.

• 1Picard
  • 1Truth!

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
The guy with the highest win rate by 10 points isn't getting held AT ALL?? Fuck off. The NFL is trash.
His point was that all the elite pass rushers are held on the regular. He's saying it's definitely happening to Parsons, but he's not the only one. Hell, I've seen it happen quite a bit with Hutchinson - he has a tendency to kind of throw up his arms and give up on the play when it happens to try to get the flag, frustrates the hell out of me. I feel like he's played enough games at this point to know the flag isn't coming unless whatever astrological signs the refs use to call the random hold happen to occur, so, just play like you're not getting one at this point.

I'm of the mind at this point to just make holding legal. Players will eventually adjust and the game will probably be more fair - or at least less dependent on stupid refs.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I always wonder if the refs allow holding because Dline are just freaks of nature today. If they don't allow holding there would be no passing because they would get past the Oline like nothing.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I always wonder if the refs allow holding because Dline are just freaks of nature today. If they don't allow holding there would be no passing because they would get past the Oline like nothing.
This is definitely the case for Micah, TJ, Nick Bosa, AD etc. They have to allow some holding or their golden boy QBs would get hurt even more than they are now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users