2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Packers were fucked long before Rodgers finally went Coo-Coo for Coco Puffs. Even if LaFluer was the greatest coach ever, the state of affairs he was handed after McDoofus finally got canned was basically untenable. We kicked the can down the road way too long. True Packer Fans all knew this was coming, it was just a matter of when Rodgers finally decided to fuck off with all the money.

And yeah he is the modern day Marino, with phenomenal regular season stats and then consistently losing big games. The one ring he has is because our Defense played out of its mind in the second half of that season. He was blowing NFCCG long before then (I think he holds the record for most NFCCG lost actually). McFatty did him no favors, but the dude constantly just played like he was on his own fantasy team with the audibling into bombs and the talent around him finally dropped enough that he stopped getting away with it last season. He should have walked and taken the Jeapardy gig. Instead he stuck around too long and we overpaid him, knowing how bitter and toxic he had become.

Oh well, the same org that shit on Favre on his way out the door is getting what they deserve. And I will sit through a decade of mediocrity. Nothing I have not done before with this team, dating back to the Bart Starr coaching years. So you won't see is whining because none of this is a surprise and it needed to be burned down before it can be fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Listening to Eisen flip out about packers wanting more compensation from Jets is pretty hilarious.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can’t remember there ever being a plague of Pack fans.

Pats fans sure shut the fuck up though lol.
Lol yeah they all bounced save ol Brahma Brahma who has been loyal his whole life. Had a few root for Brady then disappeared.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
hahahaha oh man i cant wait to see how badly the Jets fuck their future on a short term rental

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Man this is tough, keep waiting for the Bills do to something that can get them over the hump....Poyer is great and all, but had had "Poyer at home" last year.....

Touch to be patient.....

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I've always been a slight anti-homer though, acknowledging that even at their peak they had weaknesses some team comps could take advantage of.

If anything, the Packers are a prime example of the classic conundrum - is it better to have a team that is consistently good (winning the division) but rarely if ever goes all the way, or better to have a team that is as likely to miss the playoffs entirely as appear in the Super Bowl?

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Your team has essentially made a business out of selling blacks.
Damson Idris Business GIF by Snowfall

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've always been a slight anti-homer though, acknowledging that even at their peak they had weaknesses some team comps could take advantage of.

If anything, the Packers are a prime example of the classic conundrum - is it better to have a team that is consistently good (winning the division) but rarely if ever goes all the way, or better to have a team that is as likely to miss the playoffs entirely as appear in the Super Bowl?
As much as I like being consistently in the mix, the days of Infante, the Majik Man, and the Cardiac Pack were some of the most fun I had following the team. Next to the Favre era it is probably my favorite time being a fan of the team. I lived through Starr trying to rebuild after Danny Devine fucked the team. I dealt with the Forest Greg years. I coped with the constant disappointments of the Sherman era. I honestly did not care for much about the McCarthy era, aside from the Cinderella SB run. I will be fine with Jordan Love Run Run Pass Punt barely over 500 Packers for a while. At least we will stop audibling into long passes that put us behind in the down and distance.

I think LaFluer will do fine if Love plays to a decent level and they can just get a real D-Coordinator, at least once all the financial damage from the Rodgers contract is off the books. So we are in for two very rough years (good luck Lions, this is your time) before what LaFluer can really do without an egomaniac QB that cannot be controlled. I am patient and I hope the team is, too, given Gutenkunst put us in this fucking position. Watching the Jets fail will be almost as fun as watching McDoofus shit it up in Dallas, though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
hahahaha oh man i cant wait to see how badly the Jets fuck their future on a short term rental

IF, and that's a big IF he gets you a Super Bowl, and you suck for the next 10 years. That's worth it.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Packers were fucked long before Rodgers finally went Coo-Coo for Coco Puffs. Even if LaFluer was the greatest coach ever, the state of affairs he was handed after McDoofus finally got canned was basically untenable. We kicked the can down the road way too long. True Packer Fans all knew this was coming, it was just a matter of when Rodgers finally decided to fuck off with all the money.

And yeah he is the modern day Marino, with phenomenal regular season stats and then consistently losing big games. The one ring he has is because our Defense played out of its mind in the second half of that season. He was blowing NFCCG long before then (I think he holds the record for most NFCCG lost actually). McFatty did him no favors, but the dude constantly just played like he was on his own fantasy team with the audibling into bombs and the talent around him finally dropped enough that he stopped getting away with it last season. He should have walked and taken the Jeapardy gig. Instead he stuck around too long and we overpaid him, knowing how bitter and toxic he had become.

Oh well, the same org that shit on Favre on his way out the door is getting what they deserve. And I will sit through a decade of mediocrity. Nothing I have not done before with this team, dating back to the Bart Starr coaching years. So you won't see is whining because none of this is a surprise and it needed to be burned down before it can be fixed.

The narrative on Rodgers is funny, it wasn't just the defense that won that Super Bowl for them, he was lights out in that playoffs other than the Bears game (the actual team who got carried by their D). D hasn't exactly been one of their assets in the playoffs most of the time.

There's no question he hasn't been as good as his regular season reputation would make you think overall in the playoffs, and definitely should have been to more than just one Super Bowl, but the way the narrative has shifted to only blaming him versus Packers' wasted draft picks so often and McFatty is really interesting to see.

I actually worry if they'll even hit mediocrity after he leaves, although maybe Jordan Love will turn out to have been the smart long game all along?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users