28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
50 people for AoS is more then they had the last couple of years for fantasy.

I had to fly to do it, but I could have played in a 50 man plus fantasy event every month of the calendar year if I wanted to, even when end times shit was being fed to us in Fantasy. The last year Fantasy was a thing here was my schedule:
January- Waaghpaca in Wisconsin(100+ always sold out within two weeks of sales on tickets in Auguest)
February- Masters (80ish, but this admittedly sucked since it brought out the worst in the community)
March- Broadside Bash in SD, 50+ every year until End times killed it. Bragging Rights Team event in Massive Two Shits was around this time, I believe.
April- Take a pick here: Lone Wolf GT in TX (100+), Adepticon (varied by event), or West Coast GT in Socal (70ish)
May- SAWS in Sacremento (70+) or Slobbernocker in TX (not sure on numbers)
June- Quake City Rumble (always sold out instantly six months in advance with 112 capacity)
July- A month off, but I think North Star in MN was around here and maybe Buckeye Battles with around 60ish.
August- Bayou Battles with 50, in Houston TX.
September- West Coast got moved to here to avoid conflicting with Lonewolf its last two years at 70ish.
October- Yay a month off!
November- Alamo GT (capped at 68, always sold out)
December- Yay another month off!

That's just the shit I did fairly regularly. East coast fell off before End Times buttfucked the scene, but that probably has more to do with their massive urge to suck Eurodick to be involved in the ETC style tournaments. Even then I managed to go to some 70+ event at Atomic Empire in SC the last year or so of Fantasy, purely to say I played a GT in each time zone that year.

The scene was actually doing well, before GW decided to take a shovel to it. It was certainly doing better than AoS _ever_ has as a tournament game. I think GW freaked out when FFG knocked them off of their eternal perch with X-Wing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There's a reason I don't rely on sales figures to know how good a GW game is doing.

People just buy that shit regardless. It's a disease. AoS was a TON of new releases, that it is 'selling a lot' is no surprise, especially since they stopped making new WHFB minis en masse for a while to save up fro the release with new molds.

I don't frequent the shops around me often but the local GW store consistently only has the new player box demo table for AoS, everyone else is always 40K or SH or whatevs. The indy store is basically minor 40K + FFG shit + Warmahordes every time I don't see the entire place flooded with smelly card players.

*shrug*

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Some of my WIP from the box

IMG_0785 (1).JPG
IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0782.JPG

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking good. Loving the base colors on the cultists, especially. Nurgle is so much fun to paint.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Makes me want to paint again.

Maybe a CSA imperial guard force to cause a shitstorm

Commissar Stonewall Jackson

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been amazing watching real world extreme left/sjw type politics inject itself into many of the 40k facebook groups. Big demands for black/women guard/space marines (dont you have sisters already?) One guy got banned because he was defending someone else say a books writing was "spastic" (offensive to cerebral palsy, and someone with it also spoke up in defence of using the word....)

Someone did something silly like this and also resulted in mass moderation etc.

Untitled.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Really like what this guy did. Eye is from a stick on fish bait piece.

21314824_10103565149933358_7628518050170928443_n.jpg

• 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I love the color on the plague fly symbol. Fucking perfect. Orange with a red wash it looks like. Definitely stealing that.

BTW, just finished up a bunch of Ultras including a Dreadnought. Ill post in a next couple of days.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I can't decide if i want to invest in Deathguard or Thousand sons and hope their codex comes out soon.

How are mostly Tsons armies doing these days with rubrics+demons?
Lords of change worth taking? such a beautiful model to not use

It looked like Magnus + generic chaos was performing well at NoVA, but it seemed like magnus + brimstone horrors + cultists + fireraptors were what i saw a few people running. IE cheap fodder and then 3 super expensive pieces.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been amazing watching real world extreme left/sjw type politics inject itself into many of the 40k facebook groups. Big demands for black/women guard/space marines (dont you have sisters already?) One guy got banned because he was defending someone else say a books writing was "spastic" (offensive to cerebral palsy, and someone with it also spoke up in defence of using the word....)

Someone did something silly like this and also resulted in mass moderation etc.

View attachment 152930

Not to derail, but yeah the UK cuck SJW crowd has been doing shit like this in the KoW forums. They wanted people tossed from events and possibly pre-emptively banned if they had suggestive female miniatures. When I pointed out that its fantasy escapism, posted examples of the big dong plague demon my wife won a painting award with, and that the women who actually played in these events do not give a shit, they made up some bullshit about women complaining about racy armies at Texas events. The problem is that there are two women who play in Texas events; one is my wife and the other one and her husband are long time friends of ours. Neither women gives a shit and agreed that women simply are not as interested in miniatures games the same way men are not as often interested in certain hobbies. Dude doubled down and then both women called him on it directly. He slinked back to the Mantic FB page (which bans people for disagreeing with the same UK group) and has not tried to bring it up since.

The issue mini gaming has is that it really is (unlike video games) an art form at times and there is not the easy anonymity in the community. Ultimately it is always some white knight dude who never has an answer about how the men are just as sexualized and unrealistic because its escapism. I mean, what kind of pathetic self hating droog fantasizes about being Milton from Office Space as a barbarian? Aside from my stance on SJW issues, I am also pissed because many of my armies are female dominated and not pure titillation crap. Seductive demons should look seductive. Nature nymphs are going to look a certain way. And so on. I mean, I love a good set of tits as much as any normal dude, but when there is a set of them out on the table, its either thematic or a nod to classical art and not entirely limited to female models in my collection. Fuck those assholes for trying to tell me what I can paint and play with.

Some examples of stuff I have that I use in tournaments, but would offend the pearl clutching UK Cucks:

0419171327.jpg
13900143_1083399645031309_2924678737063367641_n.jpg
0714152103.jpg
giant2WIP.jpg
nature2.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone have a more recent version of whfb material or Army builder that's not gay AoS since last one I played was 4th and 5th ed?

I need like strength value on an empire great cannon and toughness and wound count on a regular giant (hill, I guess).

This TW Warhammer game pisses me off, pretty sure two hits at most with no scatter would plaster any giant.

I'm pretty sure great cannons were like S10 D6 wounds...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure battlescribe has all the old files still available for download.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone have a more recent version of whfb material or Army builder that's not gay AoS since last one I played was 4th and 5th ed?

I need like strength value on an empire great cannon and toughness and wound count on a regular giant (hill, I guess).

This TW Warhammer game pisses me off, pretty sure two hits at most with no scatter would plaster any giant.

I'm pretty sure great cannons were like S10 D6 wounds...

All cannons were made S10 and D6 wounds from 7th edition forward. Giants were always T6 with 6 wounds and have been since 6th edition. Sad I still remember that shit.

Sludig

Think I should 40k up my bike? Possible ideas, or maybe just dash in truck. Couldn't pass up these $3 woven patches were such high quality imo.
IMG_20170910_144512.jpg
IMG_20170910_144734.jpg

Edit, not sure why phone took them as such small pics compared to normal

Sludig

Not mine. Non metallic metal or something is the technique

FB_IMG_1507821515857.jpg
FB_IMG_1507821513210.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users