Affluenza

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Probably because his shitstain parents have a long history of acting like completely pieces of worthless shits and getting out of trouble most likely due to money and connections due to money? You think the kid was gonna be any different? Thats what makes the whole affluenza defense downright fucking stupid.

Hopefully they find him and the mom face down dead in a ditch somewhere and the dad gets killed by a drunk driver going to identify the bodies.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm not sure it is schadenfreude so much as it is the circumstances of the original case. Kid should have been sent to jail for at least 5 years, and his parents should have been hit successfully hit for a substantial part of their wealth for doing such a shitty job rearing a child and endangering others. Neither happened, and then he's shown to be violating his probation and actual abc laws after effectively getting away with manslaughter. Kid is not worth sentiment at this point, and is simply "a bad egg" that needs to be tossed out. His parents money be damned; this is a person who should not be loose on the streets, no matter how nicely paved.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
vgmUd1w.jpg

RgJ75Sz.gif

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
He should have went to prison in the first place, the fact there is a fucking condition where you don't know right from wrong based on wealth is what I have a problem with. Just another example of corruption in the legal system. I'm sure when they get caught there will be a team of experts letting us know the mom was infected also.
I mean you realize thats not a real condition and there's no legal defense or mechanism based on that. They just argued that in sentencing as a mitigating factor. It doesn't mean anything. And since he's underage and his parents were willing to fund treatment, he probably would have gotten probation with or without that defense.

Probably because his shitstain parents have a long history of acting like completely pieces of worthless shits and getting out of trouble most likely due to money and connections due to money? You think the kid was gonna be any different? Thats what makes the whole affluenza defense downright fucking stupid.

Hopefully they find him and the mom face down dead in a ditch somewhere and the dad gets killed by a drunk driver going to identify the bodies.
I mean, maybe you're right on the parents? I don't know any facts regarding them. But I'd hate to be sentenced based on what my parents do/did. Kid was given a chance; kid has now blown it. Just like a majority of all people given probation. He's no different.

Yeah, I'm not sure it is schadenfreude so much as it is the circumstances of the original case. Kid should have been sent to jail for at least 5 years, and his parents should have been hit successfully hit for a substantial part of their wealth for doing such a shitty job rearing a child and endangering others. Neither happened, and then he's shown to be violating his probation and actual abc laws after effectively getting away with manslaughter. Kid is not worth sentiment at this point, and is simply "a bad egg" that needs to be tossed out. His parents money be damned; this is a person who should not be loose on the streets, no matter how nicely paved.
It's totally not uncommon for people to get probation/deferred adjudication for all sorts of crimes. I've seen people get probation for MURDER. We can argue about whether its right or not. I'm just saying this story isn't uncommon for the system. Don't know why its national news aside from the fact that people love to hate rich people and watch them fall.

The judge that let this kid off should be thrown in jail/prison to serve a sentence with this shitbag.
Then you'd have to throw basically all judges in jail/prison. Because they've ALL given people probation when the crime was serious because they've believed that the person might be redeemable, and had the person fail them. Thats just the type of decisions judges have to make.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think the real answer is that we don't often hear the gritty details of each case like this. It may happen every day, but we're not really aware. Couple that with the "affluenza" thing and little details like what he said as he fled the scene, and yeah, people want to see him and his family go down hard.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I mean, maybe you're right on the parents? I don't know any facts regarding them. But I'd hate to be sentenced based on what my parents do/did. Kid was given a chance; kid has now blown it. Just like a majority of all people given probation. He's no different.
Yeah man, not applying the rules and holding him accountable would really teach him a thing or two about accountability and the rule of law.

And name a single person who ever received probation for killing 4 and crippling more due to drunk driving.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Kid and his mother apparently are missing now.

I hope they die.
Hope they both get found and someone puts a bullet in each of their heads. World has 7,260,000,000 people, don't need these two worthless fucks.

I also hope at some point the Judge/former judge is retroactively sentenced for her complicity.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Odds of her receiving a bribe?
It would come down to an argument of corruption versus incompetence, and either are a jail able offense at this degree.

It's negligent and reckless to drive drunk, and likewise negligent and reckless to pass down judgment on breaking social mores when you don't understand how society functions.

of course that's just my opinion, which is ultimately the problem. We've got shit judges trying to make 17 year old's lifetime sex offenders for having sex with 14 year old's that lie about their age, and we've got complete fuckup judges giving 10 years probation for plowing down 4 people while driving drunk. How can there be so much skew in the system, State to State and Judge to Judge?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean you realize thats not a real condition and there's no legal defense or mechanism based on that. They just argued that in sentencing as a mitigating factor. It doesn't mean anything. And since he's underage and his parents were willing to fund treatment, he probably would have gotten probation with or without that defense.

It's totally not uncommon for people to get probation/deferred adjudication for all sorts of crimes. I've seen people get probation for MURDER. We can argue about whether its right or not. I'm just saying this story isn't uncommon for the system. Don't know why its national news aside from the fact that people love to hate rich people and watch them fall.

Then you'd have to throw basically all judges in jail/prison. Because they've ALL given people probation when the crime was serious because they've believed that the person might be redeemable, and had the person fail them. Thats just the type of decisions judges have to make.
Again, I'm not sure it's about the fact the person in question is wealthy. What is in question is our justice system's view of people relative to their wealth. It really is a different statement, and one that I personally feel needs to be represented. Kid committed a crime. His relative wealth should not affect the penalty for his crime, but for some reason it has. -That- is the sticking point.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Kid was given a chance; kid has now blown it. Just like a majority of all people given probation. He's no different.
Yea a lot of people fuck up on probation, but this shit head and his mom are on the lam. Dad was on CNN with the lawyer and said the passports are missing as well. Who the fuck flees the country becoming wanted fugitives over probation, maybe wealthy people do live in a different reality than the rest of us.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean, how rich do you have to be to get probation for your first 4 MDKs? Once I get to that point can I redeem the tickets ahead of time?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why is this guy so bad to you guys? I mean obviously he should and probably will go to prison now. But do you think this is the first guy who got probation for his first offense and didn't clean up his life? Is the schadenfreude that bad because he comes from a wealthy family?
I have zero empathy for drunk drivers. You kill someone while drunk behind the wheel? Victim's family should get a shot to run your over with their car.

Add to that the fact that this kids face is off the charts on the puchability scale.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
IThen you'd have to throw basically all judges in jail/prison. Because they've ALL given people probation when the crime was serious because they've believed that the person might be redeemable, and had the person fail them. Thats just the type of decisions judges have to make.
*Insert citation here

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
What kind of felonies are we talking about? Thats a very bad metric considering how many absolutely retarded felony class crimes there are.

Better stat would be how many people get probation for manslaughter.