Affluenza

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another victim claimed by affluenza.
frown.png
It's really sad.
I'm glad I was never afflicted with this. We should start a gofundme to raise money for the victims.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's just a symptom of affluenza. You should reach out and try to help him, instead of insulting him.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's just a symptom of affluenza. You should reach out and try to help him, instead of insulting him.
How can we best help him? Do we need to get him back to resort-habilition? Maybe he needs a few spa treatments and a relaxing massage to help him remember that alcohol is bad, mmmkay.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dad pulls $20M+ a year or something.

But hey, this is like that rich dude who killed his best friend in "self defense" and then dismembered the body. Threw it in the ocean and then went back to retrieve the head to prevent the body from being identified.
So how did the survivors of the victims not bankrupt his parents? Im pretty sure any jury in the world would of been more than happy to award each a hundred million in damages after that fucktard judge let the kid walk.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So how did the survivors of the victims not bankrupt his parents? Im pretty sure any jury in the world would of been more than happy to award each a hundred million in damages after that fucktard judge let the kid walk.
Out of court settlements for around 2 million a pop three out of the four took the cash the fourth is taking it to trial.

Best part of our legal system is the victims families couldn't afford to take it to trial

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cases like this would attract certain contingent lawyers I would think...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Why even offer a settlement in the first place, then?
Because the families will get something, even if it is less than 2 million. Once you add up the lawyer fees, publicity, etc, even if they are awarded less than 2 million the drunk's overall bill could be more. If the family is awarded more than 2 million, lawyer fees might drop their take below that.

Of course there's a chance they could be awarded 20M and taking the deal is stupid, but I imagine they came to that number from examining similar awards

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is a good thing. He may infect ISIS with affluenza and destroy them from the inside.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I just want to own up to the fact I defended that kid on the lam with mommy.

When he was convicted, I pointed out nearly half the guys I knew had driven drunk on at least one or more occasions and many aren't teens. The only difference is they didn't get caught and they didn't hit a patch of ice and kill someone. Kid would learn from this. He's a murderer and imagine the good that could come from his life with this second chance.

So fuck me for being liberal for once. Seriously. Shoot the kid. And his mom.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
It's families like this, that are just beyond trash, why I consider a lot of business evil, when they're actually able to succeed at life. I mean they should be working at McDonalds, not owners of a multi-million dollar business. That's just wrong. I can only imagine their general thought process revolves entirely around their well being and fucking(running) anyone over who get's in their way. But that's just business. And the judge who oversaw this case is right there with them. I get that part of business is increasing the quality of life of everyone (supposedly), but this case just makes me sad for humanity. I hope the kid rots in jail.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Why is this guy so bad to you guys? I mean obviously he should and probably will go to prison now. But do you think this is the first guy who got probation for his first offense and didn't clean up his life? Is the schadenfreude that bad because he comes from a wealthy family?

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Why is this guy so bad to you guys? I mean obviously he should and probably will go to prison now. But do you think this is the first guy who got probation for his first offense and didn't clean up his life? Is the schadenfreude that bad because he comes from a wealthy family?
He should have went to prison in the first place, the fact there is a fucking condition where you don't know right from wrong based on wealth is what I have a problem with. Just another example of corruption in the legal system. I'm sure when they get caught there will be a team of experts letting us know the mom was infected also.