Affluenza

Khane

Got something right about marriage
See now we're just agreeing. I never said it was negligible or that you wouldn't feel any effects. What I mean by low is it's enough to be cautious but not enough that you feel like he-man and don't give a shit about anything other than fulfilling your desires. You still know exactly what you are doing and aren't much of a danger but you shouldn't drive because your reaction time could be suffering. Most people aren't going to be swerving across lanes of traffic at or close to .08 bac.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
rrr_img_55603.jpg

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is clearly the first time someone got a lenient sentence in the history of the world. You should all lose your minds. Keep it up

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Apathy is disgusting.
Nothing to do with apathy, its just the system. Don't like it, pass mandatory minimum sentences for every crime, so the judges can't do this. Thats worked out so well in the past.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The way the news portrays this case is almost as bad as what the kid did... Rich kid? Maybe upper middle class and that's pushing it. Based on home values, some of his neighbors are significantly more wealthy and some significantly less. His dads house is estimated at 380k. Some neighbors are in 110-150k houses and some are in 600-800k houses. His househttps://www.google.com/maps/preview#...7.294659&fid=5and neighborhood1719 Burleson Retta Rd, Burleson, TX 76028 - Zillow

I can picture him going to public school he probably boasts himself up to try and match others from more wealthy families and to feel superior to some of the poorer people in the neighborhood.

His dad is a GM at a sheet metal company.

Cleburne Sheet MetalatGoogle Maps

and hardly seems like he is pulling in the big bucks...

Why does the news keep spouting off some 450k a year cost for the academy? Was the sentence actually to spend a year there? The program is a 45 day min, 90 day max program that costs 37.5k per 30 days. So 112.5k for the treatment. Still expensive but doesn't seem as impressive. If anything, that cost is a huge punishment to the parents. Basically one of the only ways the judge could actually punish the parents. If he really was a 'rich kid' it would be putting a small dent in his trust fund. That scenario seems highly unlikely and the most likely case is that the father will have to sell his house and lose any equity they had in it. 14 years worth of payments, down the drain. So the kid gets some professional help and the bulk of the punishment goes to the parents.

Zillow has ~1000 page hits on the house in December, so its not the like news wasn't able to investigate the truth and just missed it. It just didn't help support the story so they make up statements that sound impressive. Based on the news, I'm picturing a kid going to a private school that costs more per year than many peoples college tuition, multi million dollar house, probably has a million+ ready in a trust fund to be released when he is older etc... Yet that's far from the case.. After looking at the real facts I'm more in favor of the judge now... But that doesn't make news headlines and sell advertisements.

Khane

The way the news portrays this case is almost as bad as what the kid did... Rich kid? Maybe upper middle class and that's pushing it. Based on home values, some of his neighbors are significantly more wealthy and some significantly less. His dads house is estimated at 380k. Some neighbors are in 110-150k houses and some are in 600-800k houses. His househttps://www.google.com/maps/preview#...7.294659&fid=5and neighborhood1719 Burleson Retta Rd, Burleson, TX 76028 - Zillow

I can picture him going to public school he probably boasts himself up to try and match others from more wealthy families and to feel superior to some of the poorer people in the neighborhood.

His dad is a GM at a sheet metal company.

Cleburne Sheet MetalatGoogle Maps

and hardly seems like he is pulling in the big bucks...

Why does the news keep spouting off some 450k a year cost for the academy? Was the sentence actually to spend a year there? The program is a 45 day min, 90 day max program that costs 37.5k per 30 days. So 112.5k for the treatment. Still expensive but doesn't seem as impressive. If anything, that cost is a huge punishment to the parents. Basically one of the only ways the judge could actually punish the parents. If he really was a 'rich kid' it would be putting a small dent in his trust fund. That scenario seems highly unlikely and the most likely case is that the father will have to sell his house and lose any equity they had in it. 14 years worth of payments, down the drain. So the kid gets some professional help and the bulk of the punishment goes to the parents.

Zillow has ~1000 page hits on the house in December, so its not the like news wasn't able to investigate the truth and just missed it. It just didn't help support the story so they make up statements that sound impressive. Based on the news, I'm picturing a kid going to a private school that costs more per year than many peoples college tuition, multi million dollar house, probably has a million+ ready in a trust fund to be released when he is older etc... Yet that's far from the case.. After looking at the real facts I'm more in favor of the judge now... But that doesn't make news headlines and sell advertisements.
You have to be pretty wealthy to afford 112K for a rehab center. And he only has to be there for 90 days after killing 4 people? Are you kidding me? What can this kid possibly learn in 90 days. I don't know if I believe any part of your post.

Who showed you all those zillow listings and preached them as gospel? How do I know it isn't just one of his dad's properties that he is letting his son live in?

Khane

And that's proof positive he doesn't have any wealth from any number of other places? Or other properties perhaps tied to an LLC you know nothing about? You aren't proving anything to me here. Though I will say it wouldn't surprise me if the guy isn't as wealthy as the press is making him out to be. I haven't read anything anywhere that states what kind of money the kid comes from.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Ok, yeah his parents actually live at4324 Silver Creek Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76108 - Zillowand that house was just for him to live at

'23. Couch left his unsupervised home at 1719 Burleson Retta Road and rapidly
accelerated his powerful truck. In the few seconds it took for him to arrive at 1551 Burleson Retta
Road. a distance of only two tenths (.2) of a mile away, it is estimated that he was already traveling
at a speed of approximately 70 miles per hour on this narrow, unlit residential street. The speed limit
is only 40 miles per hour, which would be fast on this narrow road at night.
'

http://www.fortworthinjuryattorneybl...ion-Molina.pdf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They are not blue collar average workers with a free house for their kid and an 800k 7,000 square foot home.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Upper middle class = owning a company that does $15m - $20m gross a year. Sure, ok.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who gives a shit what the arbitrary definition of "wealthy" is and whether or not this kid and his family qualify. Regardless of the numbers involved this kid did something incredibly illegal and fucking stupid, and the reason he doesnt have to do jail time is because "his wealth prevented him from understanding consequences"

Thats fucking retarded, and regardless of where we decide to draw the "wealth/consequences" line, it ignores the problem of that line existing at all.

As long as that line exists we are agreeing as a society (or at least this judge is) that some people have enough money to avoid legal repercussions for their actions, even when that action leads to the deaths of others. Its fucking sickening.