Ahsoka

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was watching Critical Drinker talk about the space stuff with Ahsoka vs Space Ships after seeing the clip myself.

Star Wars is partly WW2 in space and I think they have to be very careful to maintain the illusion that WW2 in space would happen.

The bombers in Last Jedi were not well executed, as were the slow speed chase and hyperspace ramming, they broke the illusion and made the whole thing seem retarded.

Jumping around in a space suit with a sword... it's just another level of illusion breaking.

Star Wars is two incongruous elements (samurai warrior monks and WW2 naval battles) and they need to be kept very much seperate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Sonova...
I knew I recognized her voice from somewhere, but never searched it out till this...

2023 verses 2010

Winstead-Scott-HD-u-03 2010.jpg

Damn.

Anyway, I feel she is doing the best acting in the show so far. I hated Hera in Rebels, but as an actual commanding General in the New Republic here, and with limited screen time, she is doing the character well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

yeah. its like light whips, and helicopter light sabers.

Like, we get it. you want to do rule of cool, and constantly one up everyone else adding things to the universe. But there is totally a breaking point.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There isn't a lot to like about this show except one thing: POWERFUL FEMALES!! God, I love how fucking POWERFUL AND AMAZING they are!

I think I fail at their propoganda because all I got from episode 3 a the end of the episode was Ray Stevenson basically being like "Nope, you all didn't finish jack shit, they're still alive, get on it or I'll be annoyed I have to fix everything for you and take care of it".

Caliane

Sonova...
I knew I recognized her voice from somewhere, but never searched it out till this...

2023 verses 2010

View attachment 489116

Damn.

Anyway, I feel she is doing the best acting in the show so far. I hated Hera in Rebels, but as an actual commanding General in the New Republic here, and with limited screen time, she is doing the character well.
I wonder if we can get her back as Huntress in a movie that isn't total shit?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
totally aweome. That's my Star Wars right there.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Goddamnit. You guys make me do this every year.
Just enjoy the Syfy and don't think too much of shit.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hahaha. At 16 minute mark I could hear the screams of all believers in the fan rumors.

• 2Worf

Merrith

Well..that was something. Saber battles fairly well done, too.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i just hate how dumb this show is. every single episode

droid: "dont split up! stay together!"
Ahsoka wins first fight, they choose to split up instead of double teaming Shin and beating her in 30 seconds. Cant spare that 30 seconds!
So they get to spend several minutes getting their asses kicked separately

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Mark of a SW show, the dark side is better organized, disciplined than the 'good' guys.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Despite that if the light side stuck to their beliefs and sacrificed all for the objective they would still "win" but the dark side only succeeds because it tempts and corrupts.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently episode 5 is Dawson's favorite episode. It's also the longest episode and apparently will show Anakin in three different times. Pretty cool to see the Worlds Between Worlds in live action.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Show was average and then this episode stepped it up I thought. I liked the slowed down version of the light saber battles. Wasn't all whoopdido shit. Somewhat grounded in reality.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I just can't get into it because of the Sequel Trilogies. The New Republic has been incompetent at every turn, and can't tell the difference between its own ass and a hole in the ground.

I'm still watching it for cool moments I guess, but if you like Thrawn as a villain (which most people do), you know he's not coming back because we've already seen the future after this.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
well that was a Rebels fanboi jizz fest, doubt they will use the World Between Worlds to retcon the sequels away though

man does Sabine suck so much now lol

also goddamn this thread all I could see was the amazing dumper on Hera every time she walked around, got some glorious shots this episode

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why the fuck is a force user fucking around with a lightsaber battle when she can just force choke a bitch?

• 1Like