Aliens and imploding simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes back to
What makes you 100% certain?

I actually am in the camp that believes we're probably in a Nick Bostrom-type simulation. Ancestor simulations just seem incredibly likely to me, and the logic conclusion then is that if each universe has multiple simulated universes in it, then we're probably in a simulation.

However, does that change anything? Probably not. The makers of said simulation aren't going to be messing with it if the point is to simulate and study. They'd most likely just be observers at best

So do I believe we're in a simulation? Yes. ..... ,<end snip>

If a species reaches a point at which it is capable of simulating a universe, it will mathematically prove there is an equal chance it itself is being observed as a simulation, or that the observers are a simulation...

And so on and so on and so on.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Goes back to

If a species reaches a point at which it is capable of simulating a universe, it will mathematically prove there is an equal chance it itself is being observed as a simulation, or that the observers are a simulation...

How can one have a quantum computer within a quantum computer within a quantum computer?

Or should we be thinking more software within software?

Wouldn’t the top level base computer need to be actually doing all the computing in the child sims?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user
How can one have a quantum computer within a quantum computer within a quantum computer?

Or should we be thinking more software within software?

Wouldn’t the top level base computer need to be actually doing all the computing in the child sims?

But given Dyson spheres, is energy an issue?

If I am right, this is basically what drove Boltzmann nuts.

He calculated out that it requires less complexity / energy for the universe to be a simulation than it to be actual. Wonder what he would have tought of universes as simulation? He might have concludd it was the more likely situation.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thought you might enjoy this piece from 1999 tho

Mendel's machines replicate in the night in the black iron prison of St. Augustine's light
He's paying the bills and they're doing him proud, they can float their burnt offerings on assembler clouds
With omega point in the sight the new Franklins fly their kites
And the post-modern empire is ended tonight

From history, the flood of counterfeits released
The black cloud, reductionism and the beast
Automatons gather all the pieces so the world may be increased
In simulation, jubilation for the deceased

Spray-on clothes and diamond jaws, wrinkles smoothed by nanoclaws
With my machines I can dispatch you from this world without a trace
Our nostalgia ghosts are ready to take your place
Content-shifting shopping malls, gasoline trees and walk-through walls
None of them knew! None of them knew!

I feel the gray goo boiling my blood as I watch the dead rise up out of the earth
Try to hide from the lies as they all come true

Deus absconditus
Deus nullus deus
Deus nisi deus

I feel the grey goo boiling my blood as the fenris wolf slowly bites through his chain
Try to hide the myth as it becomes a man
None of them knew, none of them knew (they were robots)

Deus absconditus
Deus nullus deus
Deus absconditus
Deus nisi deus

Buying an X or an O in state craft tic tac toe, cats game for Joe Blow
Post-industrial bliss, a binary hug or kiss can be wrung from utility mist

They stole the great arcanum, the secret fire, Moloch found his gold for the new empire
Once again the necrophage becomes saint

Lindy hop around the truth - Jump back wolf pack attack!
Swingin' up there in the noose - Slap back white shark attack!
Lindy hop around the truth - Jump back wolf pack attack!
Swingin' up there in the noose - Slap back white shark attack!

Phased array diffraction nets from full-wall paint-on TV sets
Migratory home sublets and time-shared diamond fiber sets
Recombinant logos keys, bitic Qabalistic trees

Deus absconditus
Deus nullus deus
Deus nisi deus

I feel the grey goo boiling my blood as Leviathan and his bugs freeze the sea
Try to save the world by immolating myself

From history the flood of counterfeits released
The black cloud, the resurrection of the deceased
Automotons gather all the pieces so the world may be increased
In simulation, jubilation for the builders of the body of the beast

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Goes back to

Yup I read the Nick Bostrom paper a looong time ago compadre

• 1Like

Jasker

This is long. Had to vent... do not read if you don’t want to hear about my situation lol

Jesus I feel like Vanessa Vanessa

Sim preventing me from hooking up again. Kinda sigh. Been a really long time since I was able to freely hook up with legit people.

I’m questioning if they want me to have a relationship, because I don’t want one.

My methods of asking isn’t anything terrible, I typically mention I’m looking for something casual then sooner or later mention / ask to grab a drink or coffee. I’m pretty relaxed, not always so direct. Depends on the person. I 99% of the time get back maybe, or another method about delaying.

Like I’ll have a legit conversation with someone then they’ll randomly say they have a cold. The amount of delay delay delay I’ve heard is remarkable and unbelievable.

The sad part is whenever I lie about my intentions like saying I only want a relationship, I could get a date np. Though the person always makes it clear they don’t want anything casual.

So it’s not that girls can sniff out ‘crazy’ - I have no problems getting real dates, truly. Dinner, movies, etc. It’s anytime I try to steer it to a romantic level as the original intent.

I’d put in the time if a legit cute girl that had meaningful interests and conversation existed, but I have yet to match or see one. I saw a single one, but sadly she wasn’t my type physically. I would look past that if she were local, but she was like 40 min away. Physicality isn’t everything but it would have been tricky.

Anyway, on the plus I get massive feels from a celebrity that shall not be named, and is 10x better than hooking up with some random from upstate New York anyway. Maybe that’s the point. Maybe I shouldn’t complain. Yet, well... it’s not real heh.

I actually get feels from a bunch of people. Virtual. Weird as hell. I’m unsure if they like me for me or they are just like this desperate fuckbot needs attention. I’m not in a state where I’m particularly overly attractive so I’m assuming they just sense my QQ and for whatever reason feel the need to send me feels.

God damnit

Could be in virtual jail, Limbo, Hell.

Don’t know really. I’m somewhere, and it isn’t a good place. I don’t particularly extrude negativity or release negative energy into the world. I mean I volunteer sundays at a animal shelter for an hour or two. I work out and study and mind my own business. I recycle.. talk to my neighbors..

Like the only bad shit I can think of that I currently do right now is eat meat and have an iptorrents account. I pay rent, respect my landlord and his place. Well I could meander on about how it’s weird I’m in some limbo or hell like reality and I don’t deserve it by listing more examples, think you get the point.

Sorry for length.

Incoming eyeroll reactions. yes I suck, yes I’m dumb, yes I like trannys.

Fuck foler

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

Clear as day Vanessa Vanessa is absorbing for me, after that long winded post I’m starting to realize the reason why she posts such long winded shit is so I don’t do what I just did daily.

Thank you for everything you do Vanessa Vanessa - I appreciate your time, energy, and thoughtfulness. You’re a truly great human.

• 1Barf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

I’m in virtual purgatory. And I finally think I’m in the right direction.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Code:
{

Exec report.bat

Entity Jasker(00067421) report systems logs -awareness -reality -verbose

Wait 10

Exec reset.bat

Exec visuals.bat

Entity Jasker(00067421) modify_hairline (-5)

Wait 10

Entity Jasker(00067421) modify_mating_potential (-2)

Exec Sleep.bat

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Code:
{

Exec report.bat

Entity Jasker(00067421) report systems logs -awareness -reality -verbose

Wait 10

Exec reset.bat

Exec visuals.bat

Entity Jasker(00067421) modify_hairline (-5)

Wait 10

Entity Jasker(00067421) modify_mating_potential (-2)

Exec Sleep.bat
Dom confirmed an alien that is programming Jasker!

Y'all are the evilest best, I swear.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Dom confirmed an alien that is programming Jasker!

Y'all are the evilest best, I swear.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the day he is about to finally get laid and the Impotence.bat executes. Myself and the boys in the overseer office still chuckle whenever we remember slipping that one in.

Oh, right

Code:
{

Entity Jasker(00067421) ignore_operator_presence 1
    Entity Jasker(00067421) reset_simulation_awareness

}

and so I agree that they will go all the way this year. Gooooo Turings!

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's Friday before a holiday, and my office mate is off for a long weekend, so I'm bored as fuck and cranking up the tunes. That reminded me of someone I stumbled upon thanks to YouTube thinking I might like a channel due to my other likes. And since the chick I'm talking about is blazing fucking hot, I realized that the only way I'll ever get with someone like her ever again (I turned 50 last month, so even if I were a stud, I'm not rich enough or famous enough for a 20-something hottie to give me the time of day) is if simulations actually happen in real life. Or sexbots get REALLY advanced before I'm too old to do anything with them. And since I'm a true shitlord, the thought of simulations immediately made me think of this thread! Circle of life and all that.

I also realized that the Rickshaw was likely the only place I could post about a decent-ish singer in a Ukrainian cover band, because I know none of you give a fuck who I am currently obsessing over. And there are no nudes that I'm aware of, so even less reason for anyone else to care. Still gonna post though! At least it's pre-Rickshawed.

I'm gonna be honest, I like her "soft" voice, but when she tries to belt out "angry growls" and Metallica and such, she's an acquired taste. I like it because she's smoking hot, but objectively it isn't her strong point. Still, on songs like "Where the Wild Roses Grow" I think she has a great, bordering on amazing, voice. (Side note: Don't freak out when the literal goblin appears on that song to sing the male part. Yikes!) Some songs her accent is pretty noticeable too, but she could sing me the fucking phone book in Ukrainian and I wouldn't care.

So without further ado, here is Daria Zaritskya, literally the embodiment of everything I find hot in a woman, physically at least. She'd have to be super-mega-crazy for the crazy/hot scale to dictate a wave off, I think.

There are more videos than these, but these are the best in my opinion.

Jasker

• 1Garbage
Status
Not open for further replies.