Aliens: Fireteam

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Where is the review from the buy/rent/wait for sale guy. That review above sounds paid for.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thanks :) Deep deep sale. Maybe 4 bucks or Gamepass if it comes to that.

Another bust of epic proportions.

How long is it going to take for someone to copy Left for Dead Vs mode with distinct aliens with unique abilities, a solid Coop story, and solid sound/music design that doesn't suck?

Maybe Alien Isolation 2 will be as good as the 1st one was - but holy hannah this should not be this hard to just put in some effort and some out with a solid game in this universe. It's screaming for it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's just a cursed IP at this point. it's such an amazing premise that it just doesn't make any sense why everything that has come out since aliens (and the amazing avp games) has been AWFUL. like any single one of us could make an amazing game or movie with the ip, and yet release after release it's just hot garbage...

i just don't get it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
it's just a cursed IP at this point. it's such an amazing premise that it just doesn't make any sense why everything that has come out since aliens (and the amazing avp games) has been AWFUL. like any single one of us could make an amazing game or movie with the ip, and yet release after release it's just hot garbage...

i just don't get it.

Alien Isolation was not awful. Also, making great games is hard. It’s like music and movies, you can armchair it and think you can do better, but it’s much much harder to create something great.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games ever. Often overlooked snd many don’t even know it exists.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games ever. Often overlooked snd many don’t even know it exists.

This game captured the alien experience way more than any other game. They did a great job on developing the whole vibe and pretty much nailed it. It's up there with the best as far as survival horror goes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My problem from watching it is that a Xeno can pin and slash someone and it's -15hp lol.

AVP1-2 had the damage dealing correct.

Isolation type Alien but you can shoot back is prob the right way. With more aliens.

Obligatory: No, I don't have the talent to make said game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've played just about all of these, and to me this had the perfect Aliens environment, change my mind

jaguar-alien-vs-predator-screen.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Aliens: Infestation on the Nintendo DS is another game nobody seems to know exists. It's a great Metroid-like side-scroller. Kind of slow-moving and the aliens are a major threat when you do find them. Was a little hard to get into at first because of the slow gameplay, but once I did it was great and I finished it.

I remember the SNES having an Alien 3 game (that was basically a hybrid of Alien 3 and Aliens since it had a Queen and a ton of aliens). I really wanted to like that game but when I finally got to play it, it was confusing and frustrating.

This Fireteam game looks super meh, not even gonna bother. I had a feeling of as much when I heard the guy say "4 chapters with 3 missions each" and all I could think of was D&D Dark Alliance except with guns.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is getting better reviews than expected. It's only 8 hours or so for the campaign so I kinda want to give it a whirl. Since I'm not gonna buy it, is there any good way left to rent a game for a day or two that doesn't involve being a twit and returning a game?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is getting better reviews than expected. It's only 8 hours or so for the campaign so I kinda want to give it a whirl. Since I'm not gonna buy it, is there any good way left to rent a game for a day or two that doesn't involve being a twit and returning a game?
Gamefly is still around, right?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was interesting to watch a video of, but I spent the entire time thinking the same two things. In what world is a xenomorph THAT durable, and they are getting shot/blown up right next to marines showing bare skin, how is that not melted off?

Seems like it could be a fun one time play through but those feel like two alien staples you can't fiddle with.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
That was interesting to watch a video of, but I spent the entire time thinking the same two things. In what world is a xenomorph THAT durable, and they are getting shot/blown up right next to marines showing bare skin, how is that not melted off?

Seems like it could be a fun one time play through but those feel like two alien staples you can't fiddle with.

The xenos being super numerous, charging straight at you, being bullet sponges and their blood not being acid just makes me even more disappointed that this game wasn't developped to take place in the Starship Troopers universe.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got this on PS5 for $30 after coupons. Does it support online multiplayer or just couch co-op? Does the multiplayer work cross-platform so I can play with non-PS5 people? It's installing but I'm not sure if I'll get to it today.

Szlia

Saw some streamer play it with some friends online and that seemed pretty fun. Tip : Be sure that the person with a flamethrower has a cool head and don't run in front of that person ! :D

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I've played just about all of these, and to me this had the perfect Aliens environment, change my mind

jaguar-alien-vs-predator-screen.png
This and Aliens Online from Gamestorm/Mythic Entertainment were probably the two best Aliens franchise games ever made.

Slightly off topic shit:
I really, really enjoyed Aliens Online and Magestorm was also good shit. Mythic Entertainment did a really good job on both of those games. Godzilla Online from Gamestorm was also good but I don't think Mythic made that one.

• 1Like