Altered Carbon

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
The rich stuff I don't mind at all its a staple of cyberpunk and sci fi. What I didn't enjoy was the way the show derailed at episode 7 and the weak conclusion.

Going to try reading the book and see if it's better.
The book had that angle, but at least the Bancrofts were complex, fleshed our characters instead of stereotypical one dimensional villains. Definitely recommend the book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Show was meh...Good visuals. Bad actors, plot got stupid with sister.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never read the books, I enjoyed most of the first season, some plot lines toward the end were bad. I didn't like the main actor which I thought was horrible, guy can't act. So replacing him with Anthony Mackie is a definitive improvement in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to it.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dunno. I read people complaining about acting skills and often dont get the complaints. The main character I thought was well suited for the part. Could he pull of a gay cowboy in love or a mentally handicapped Southern guy with a big heart? I dunno. I thought he was good for this part.

Its like Keanu Reeves in Bill & Ted or John Wick. I dunno how good his acting skills are but he was good for the part. Is this an acting contest or is this about finding the right person for the role?

Only thing that bothered me in the whole show was the stupid shit with his sister at the end.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
on one hand the sisters acting and story sucked

on the other hand detective ortega and the sister got SUPER naked

winner: naked

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If Ortega isn't coming back and getting naked again then I'm out. Was the best thing about this show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If Ortega isn't coming back and getting naked again then I'm out. Was the best thing about this show.
reports show shes not coming back, shes also in mexico filming something

why does facebook have such low res?

s2 is probably gonna be Kovacs in the da hood anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
The books were really good but the show changed it a TON from them. The quellist stuff and the sister, so much was different.

That said I do like that they are embracing the idea of the body is just a sleeve and putting in a new actor this season so I'll be watching again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The books were really good but the show changed it a TON from them. The quellist stuff and the sister, so much was different.

That said I do like that they are embracing the idea of the body is just a sleeve and putting in a new actor this season so I'll be watching again.
This perfectly sums up why the show went to complete shit the second half of the season;

Fucking feminism and modern liberalism is a god damn cancer.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Originally watched this and finished it with a resounding "meh" minus just looking forward to seeing Ortega's hot ass on screen as often as possible. Rewatched a couple episodes on my new OLED and have a different appreciation for it. Good God it's pretty. Some stupid shit happens, but still meh overall in remembrance.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I really didn't mind this show. I enjoyed it.

It was thick, but they got a lot of stuff right. I don't remember how bad the plotline got, it's been a while since I watched it... it was probably fairly bad in the back end. This was the one with the Olympus theme wasn't it? Rich old people hopping skins... yeah. The central thing was the guy who commited suicide and hired Mr. Gay Cowboy to find out why.

On the whole I remember liking it. As soon as I saw the Olympus theme I kinda assumed it was going to be similar to how it was.

Not as good as S1 westworld. But way the fuck better than S2 Westworld.

Wouldn't watch an anime version of it though. Negates a large part of the appeal.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Also looks like they arent moving away from the Earth storyline, Trepp is from book 1. If this is gonna do some Origin story Harlan's World crime boss (Trepp's boss), its gonna be a mess because that planet was supposed to be Japano-Russian decent people. Is R. K. Morgan still doing the screen play or did he cash a check and nope out?

• 1Like