Altered Carbon

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Envoy label was just thin spread bullshit to me. He was pretty shit at reading a lot of situations and he wasn't any better really in fights than other people who were trained. He never seemed to be amazing.

Book 2 just bored the shit out of me, and then the writer cheated and had him set up to be rescued by an off page conversation. Come the fuck on.

Book 3 also had some egregious shit in it too, but at least the story went places and did things several times before it concluded. I wanted to see them out there hunting the machines, but instead we got 1.5 lines of dialog about them scavenging machine parts before he shot the guy for is bounty stack in a shop and then never explored about a quarter of the book's plot line.

I rate this season 2.5/5.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed season 1 until all the sister bullshit but I was still looking forward to season 2. I couldn't make it past the first episode. God damn it feels so cringe. Pretty sure Joel Kinnaman carried this shit and without him... ugh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed season 1 until all the sister bullshit but I was still looking forward to season 2. I couldn't make it past the first episode. God damn it feels so cringe. Pretty sure Joel Kinnaman carried this shit and without him... ugh.

Angsty Kovac is tough to swallow. Melancholy and jaded should be his tone.

Also it was jarring as fuck to watch all 3 of the main characters be black for no reason other than Wakanda.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

True, hes solid actor. This set they had was fucking cringe. Only ones I liked was the AI dude, The Japanese grandpa mobster, and maybe his younger self, the rest were all pretty much bad.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
i think you ppl that are "ok" with S2, are book readers, cuz so far as a series this true detective s2 levels of horrible.

You always know they are gonna fuck up the book. How badly is the question. I am watching more like an autopsy on Frankenstein than buckling in for the ride. This was never gonna be the next Matrix. But it could have been if more fucks were given by the people making it. Netflix in general is shit at original content. The Dirt and Highwaymen both fell flat with what should have been easy mode premises.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think Netflix is more into quantity than quality, and its pretty much showing itself. Most of the shit I look forward to on netflix is definitely not netflix content, although they had a few among the tens that were ok I guess.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I finally finished season 2. If I had watched this without seeing season 1 I would have liked it more than I did. My expectations were that the worlds they lived in would be similar to the first season, not.

It completely dropped what made season 1 great and told a simple story. It was obvious they had pretty good source material or this would have been shit. It went from a vibrant world to simple world. The cinematography got very limited and any new skin was predictable once you got what had happened to the show. The high points were obviously things kept in from source material.

Middle aged women aren't getting naked but apparently they are most of the best fighters and have all positions of power. At least they can be complex enough to be the real evil and the real hero. The cast got less diverse in the true woke world way we live in not that I care much about that. At least get good actors

Is it so hard to keep what people like about a show and tell a story that surprises? You would think that GoT, Star Wars and Westworld would be enough to teach them that this kind of stuff is junk.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Barf, as someone who obviously loves this IP, fuck these hacks, the changes in the first season were stupid but I could overlook them thanks to the decent cast and hot fucking Latina. I am so glad I torrented this shit, Mackie can't act for shit and drug the whole thing down.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Barf, as someone who obviously loves this IP, fuck these hacks, the changes in the first season were stupid but I could overlook them thanks to the decent cast and hot fucking Latina. I am so glad I torrented this shit, Mackie can't act for shit and drug the whole thing down.

You're so wrong. Mackie can act...angry.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Concept of this I love, tried season 1 fell asleep after a couple episodes, does it pick up ?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Concept of this I love, tried season 1 fell asleep after a couple episodes, does it pick up ?
Lol no, it gets much worse as it goes on. Basically once the sister is introduced it goes to complete shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just watched the final episode. Who will they cast for season 3 now, I wonder?