amanda berry found..more importantly, awesome black man in cleveland.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Firsthand perspective from a cop:

You call my dispatcher and ask us to check on your boyfriend because of all that ^ stuff. We go to his house and get no answer at the door and can't see anything through the windows so we force our way into the house by breaking a window or kicking in the front door. As we're searching the house for your boyfriend he comes storming out of a back room wondering what the hell is going on. If we're lucky, he doesn't have a shotgun in his hands.

Come to find out, he lost his phone and was asleep in the back bedroom and didn't hear (or ignored) the knocking at the door. Then he notices the broken window/door jamb and starts demanding to know who's going to pay for that? Do you live with your boyfriend? Were you authorized to tell us to make entry? Is that in dispute? Were you just calling in a prank on an estranged ex? Does it take litigation to establish these things?

Sure, one door isn't gonna break the county's pocket, but we gethundredsof these types of calls every month and a very small percentage of them are legit emergencies.
I appreciate that you responded. I did live there, so I was authorizing him to make entry. I can understand there are pranks, but in this case it was very real, and in fact, my fear was warranted. I can imagine the conundrum a cop faces in trying to save a life or getting his head blown off or getting sued for property damage, but it's definitely something that spooks me, knowing that while the cops were knocking on the door he was on the floor in the apartment.

I tried to specifically tell them EVERYTHING, so that they would take the extra steps. I even mentioned they could call the landlord if they were worried I didn't live there, or were worried we were having a tiff or something. Living with a type 1 diabetes, and knowing how someone acts in general is very big for determining when something is an emergency. I was almost positive it was an emergency and tried to get that across to the cops.

As a curiosity, if that happens and the person dies that you check on, are you guys liable in any way?

Seriously? You think police should kick down someone's door and basically invade their home because they didn't call their girlfriend on their birthday? You're also blaming them because he doesn't keep track of his blood sugar which is also ridiculous.
You know nothing about type 1 diabetes. Your blood sugar levels can rise randomly and unpredictably at the oddest times, DESPITE the fact that he takes a shot just before bed that is supposed to prevent such things from occurring. This is why it is very important that friends, family and SO's understand the issues involved, that way, when what happens happened, I can actually take steps to make sure he is ok. Didn't work this time obviously.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Well you can't have that one both ways. If that's murder so is abortion. Abortion is a less violent and more precise form of the same action.

It's not even like the same thing. It is physically the exact same thing.

Performing abortions on the unwilling is illegal and unethical, but it isn't murder.

Edit: Usually -- sometimes DA's do make that charge and sometimes they are able to convict on it. But that's more a political question than a legal question. I remember 3 cases offhand and remember at least 1 of them convicted on murder.
cognitive dissonance bro but that's the world we live in.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know nothing about type 1 diabetes. Your blood sugar levels can drop randomly and unpredictably at the oddest times, DESPITE the fact that he takes a shot just before bed that is supposed to prevent such things from occurring. This is why it is very important that friends, family and SO's understand the issues involved, that way, when what happens happened, I can actually take steps to make sure he is ok. Didn't work this time obviously.
Then maybe he shouldn't be left all alone with no one else in the area able to go check on him. Or make him wear life alert when he's all by his little bitty self next time. Or not be the giant fat MMO playing diabeetus ridden fuck that he probably is!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Murder is a legal term that means unlawful killing. Properly performed abortions are legal, therefore they are incapable of ever being murder.

It's also rather disingenuous to compare someone savagely beating you in order to induce a miscarriage to going to a clinic and getting an abortion, but you're right that it isn't technically murder because a fetus isn't a legally a human being.

Then maybe he shouldn't be left all alone with no one else in the area able to go check on him. Or make him wear life alert when he's all by his little bitty self next time. Or not be the giant fat MMO playing diabeetus ridden fuck that he probably is!
Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You mean besides all those soldiers killing themselves? Or by "evidence" do you mean "proof?"

Does that standard (whichever it is) apply for statements like:

Should I ask you for your evidence of that or should we just let this little bit of stupidity slide into the past without further comment?
So because some soldiers returning from war commit suicide, the girls will NOT be fine? Or they will, because the overwhelming number of soldiers returning from war ARE fine? What is your argument? Or are you doing the thing where you troll for attention again? Because it sure seems like that.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How about both you guys drop this stupid shit since no one knows how they are going to end up doing, and saying you do makes you look fucking retarded.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
But I like arguing about stupid nonsense with an incomprehensible troll. The story is dead for now anyway, and likely will be for many weeks.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Well you can't have that one both ways. If that's murder so is abortion. Abortion is a less violent and more precise form of the same action.

It's not even like the same thing. It is physically the exact same thing.

Performing abortions on the unwilling is illegal and unethical, but it isn't murder.

Edit: Usually -- sometimes DA's do make that charge and sometimes they are able to convict on it. But that's more a political question than a legal question. I remember 3 cases offhand and remember at least 1 of them convicted on murder.
According to this judgment just in the news, your logic is flawed.

An abortion doctor convicted of killing three babies born alive at his rogue clinic dodged a possible death sentence on Tuesday in a hasty post-verdict deal with prosecutors.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell waived his right to appeal in exchange for a sentence of life without parole. Gosnell, 72, was convicted Monday of first-degree murder in a case that became a flashpoint in the nation's abortion debate.
Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14...#ixzz2TKNAcK9X

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What he was doing was not a legal abortion. It was past the cutoff date when abortions are legal. I don't know if the states that allow murder charges for purposely causing a miscarriage take into consideration whether the baby was viable at the time of the incident.

Tummysticks

Lord Nagafen Raider
I appreciate that you responded. I did live there, so I was authorizing him to make entry. I can understand there are pranks, but in this case it was very real, and in fact, my fear was warranted. I can imagine the conundrum a cop faces in trying to save a life or getting his head blown off or getting sued for property damage, but it's definitely something that spooks me, knowing that while the cops were knocking on the door he was on the floor in the apartment.

I tried to specifically tell them EVERYTHING, so that they would take the extra steps. I even mentioned they could call the landlord if they were worried I didn't live there, or were worried we were having a tiff or something. Living with a type 1 diabetes, and knowing how someone acts in general is very big for determining when something is an emergency. I was almost positive it was an emergency and tried to get that across to the cops.

As a curiosity, if that happens and the person dies that you check on, are you guys liable in any way?
If your BF had died in the scenario we're discussing, no, the police would not have been liable.

You know nothing about type 1 diabetes. Your blood sugar levels can drop randomly and unpredictably at the oddest times, DESPITE the fact that he takes a shot just before bed that is supposed to prevent such things from occurring. This is why it is very important that friends, family and SO's understand the issues involved, that way, when what happens happened, I can actually take steps to make sure he is ok. Didn't work this time obviously.
I admittedly know little about type 1 diabetes, but from what you describe it would indeed be very important that friends, family, and SO's understand the issues involvedand be in a position to take actionwhen what happened happens. He should have had someone with him.

I'm not saying you didn't do everything in your power during that particular event. I'm saying you (and more to the point - your boyfriend) can do more to prevent the situation from becoming so dire next time. The individual is the one most qualified to provide for their own safety.

iannis

Musty Nester
According to this judgment just in the news, your logic is flawed.

Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14...#ixzz2TKNAcK9X
Read your own quote, voyce. That's not the same thing. Those were live births. Those wereineffectiveabortions. What you're contrasting it directly against is aneffectiveabortion.

The whole point is that it's not so cut and dried as all that. Even if you can prove that his abuse was the direct cause of a miscarriage you still haven't proven murder. You have potentially allowed yourself to argue murder. In contrast to that is your cited situation. If you kill a live birthed infant, even if that infant is less than 60 seconds old, even if it isn't viable, that is clearly murder. The vagina is a truly magical thing.

That's why it's gonna take a hard nose prosecutor to take that argument to court. That is a political argument and the tools available to make it are exceptionally grotesque.

I'm not saying no one should make that argument. I'm just saying they probably won't.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I admittedly know little about type 1 diabetes, but from what you describe it would indeed be very important that friends, family, and SO's understand the issues involvedand be in a position to take actionwhen what happened happens. He should have had someone with him.

I'm not saying you didn't do everything in your power during that particular event. I'm saying you (and more to the point - your boyfriend) can do more to prevent the situation from becoming so dire next time. The individual is the one most qualified to provide for their own safety.
Right, though that wasn't the point really. The point was more in referencing the fact that, for example, neighbors had called the police to that house prior in times past, and the women might have been saved earlier had they maybe tried harder to at least ascertain the circumstances before leaving. I guess I don't really understand the volume of calls you guys get where you have to sort through what is legitimate, what is a prank, and what is just a paranoid next door neighbor.

It's hard to put that kind of thing in perspective though, when we already know how this case especially went down.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Read your own quote, voyce. That's not the same thing. Those were live births. Those wereineffectiveabortions. What you're contrasting it directly against is aneffectiveabortion.

The whole point is that it's not so cut and dried as all that. Even if you can prove that his abuse was the direct cause of a miscarriage you still haven't proven murder. You have potentially allowed yourself to argue murder. In contrast to that is your cited situation. If you kill a live birthed infant, even if that infant is less than 60 seconds old, even if it isn't viable, that is clearly murder. The vagina is a truly magical thing.

That's why it's gonna take a hard nose prosecutor to take that argument to court. That is a political argument and the tools available to make it are exceptionally grotesque.

I'm not saying no one should make that argument. I'm just saying they probably won't.
An abortion against the carriers will...that is specifically the argument you expressed, would be deemed as a murder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How does linking an article about an abortion doctor being convicted of murdering live babiesafter they had already been bornhave anything to do with the argument about whether a non-consensual abortion is murder or not?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wrong diabetes, man. Type 2 is the fat slob diabetes. Type 1 is genetic. My dad was 5'10" and like 160 pounds and died from type 1 diabetes when he was 30.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can understand your concern, but can you imagine if police just started kicking in doors of unsuspecting people based on false information? Oh wait, they already do. Nevermind!

So because some soldiers returning from war commit suicide, the girls will NOT be fine? Or they will, because the overwhelming number of soldiers returning from war ARE fine? What is your argument? Or are you doing the thing where you troll for attention again? Because it sure seems like that.
My argument is that there's no reason to believe that they'll be fine when we have lots of evidence of people enduring much less and not being just fine.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
An abortion against the carriers will...that is specifically the argument you expressed, would be deemed as a murder.
the carrier doesn't get to decide what is life and what isn't. it goes both ways--pro-lifers and pro-choicers. they don't get to decide. the law will. If one is to make a case against the offender, it should be fetus injury and termination--not murder. After birth is a different matter since the law does deem them to be a living person...in which case, you cannot and must not abort and the state has every right to convict you of murder and gross negligence.