Amazing Spider-Man 2

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Natalie Portman made the Star Wars prequels tolerable for me just cause pretty girl to look at. I also think Tobey did a great job as Spiderman and fuck you haters, the first 2 were good movies and the 3rd mostly sucked because they ruined Venom for me and black spiderman was gay.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This reboot just plain pissed me off, the previous three Spider Man movies weren't that terrible, and having a reboot just a few years later seems ridiculous. There is plenty of other great Marvel material to work with. Dr. Strange would be nice to see on the big screen.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I liked Venom in SM3, F Y'all (rest was shit, but Venom was sweet (even Tofer style !)

As mentioned Action in ASM was solid, story was a pile of shit, Emma Stone can no longer play 16 imo.
What the motherfuck - That was no Venom - i dont know who the fuck he was trying to portray but Brock looks NOTHING like that skinny dweeb trying to be him - Also i didnt like Tobey in any SM movie not just 3 its just that 3 was the worse of them so its so much easier to point that failure out of the mix. I liked doc Oct in SM2 and SM 1 was decent storywise but Tobey was not a good SM - it was boring and the action was nothing at all like the comic book style SM.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what the fuck? something is wrong with you guys that do not like spiderman 2002/ spiderman 2 2004

i'm putting in the dates for reference... now i'm getting old in the tooth, but i'm pretty sure before spiderman 2002, the only worthwhile superhero movie was xmen in 2000, and that movie was REALLY shitty for being a movie and being a comic book movie.

to be a spiderman 2002 movie had to be good, because you know what? spiderman is one of the VERY few comic book heroes that has a goddamn home, not some made up gotham city or coast city bullshit, fucking spider-man lives in new york.

spider-man has been wall climbing/web slinging in new york for 30 years(by this i mean the towers), then motherfucking terrorists, fuck you.

when you saw him swing for the first time, it didn't seem like a cheesy (at that time cgi was hella bad... remember xmen?) guy on a rope, nope he had... what can you say "bounce" when he actually swung.

hell even his suit looked really good, as far as a stupid silly superhero in tights, that was like the ultimate cosplay. i mean think back, what the fuck did xmen 2000 do? they gave up and just said fuck it, wear black, we'll never make wolverines yellow/blue suit work.

and toby looked like a quirky, geeky, shy nerd.

in short spider-man 2002 is the first real superhero movie and they followed up with spider-man 2 2004 (still no batman begins, but we had the shitty x2 the year before), this time it dealt with the most ignored but hardest hitting theme of being a superhero, responsibility and all the trials that come with, you felt the plight of toby adjusting to basically being the first superhero...

now spider-man 3, fuck it, you can't defend that shit.

amazing spider-man... i had the misfortune of watching this movie for 8hours straight, yup, transatlantic flight. all that's wrong with ASM has already been said.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't hate the first ASM, but this trailer looked like ass to me. Electro looked terrible to me, not sure how you guys are thinking it looked good. He sort of reminded me of Mr. Freeze to be honest. And that Harry Osborn actor...holy fuck, just put a mustache on him and he'd be a perfect Little Hitler. I hate him just from looking at him.

I'm predicting terrible abortion of a movie.

Sterling

El Presidente
what the fuck? something is wrong with you guys that do not like spiderman 2002/ spiderman 2 2004

i'm putting in the dates for reference... now i'm getting old in the tooth, but i'm pretty sure before spiderman 2002, the only worthwhile superhero movie was xmen in 2000, and that movie was REALLY shitty for being a movie and being a comic book movie.
Superman and Superman 2 predate Spiderman and are awesome. Far better than Xmen and at least to me better than Spiderman.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are entertaining parts of ASM, but the movie is mostly stupid and cringeworthy. the lizardman and his ridiculous plan to turn the world into one large Cazic Thule temple fubared the rest of the movie. now that isnt to say that raimi's spiderman trilogy was gold. no. part 3 was possibly worse and the first one not being too good either. spiderman 2 however was a masterpiece

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
For as long as they keep making them every 5 years or whatever the thing is. Which will be for-fucking-ever because even the worst jizzrag of a film ones like SM3 or ASM1 make hundreds of millions. They showed with ASM1 they can just slap some random bullshit on screen that barely has anything in common with Spider-Man and dipshits will eat it up.
Marvel must be really kicking themselves

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I prefer SM 1 & 2 overall but like the way SM fights and moves in ASM. Its really to bad Marvel doesn't have the rights to characters like SM because a cameo of him swinging into action to help during the end fight in Avengers would have been amazing.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I prefer SM 1 & 2 overall but like the way SM fights and moves in ASM. Its really to bad Marvel doesn't have the rights to characters like SM because a cameo of him swinging into action to help during the end fight in Avengers would have been amazing.
Obligatory:

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saying you hated Tobey McGuire as Peter Parker because of Spider-Man 3 is like saying you hate Natalie Portman because of the Star Wars prequels. Tobey was a perfectly awkward Peter Parker and wisecracking Spider-Man. There's nothing an actor can do if the writing, directing, and editing are complete shit. Spider-Man 1 and 2 were awesome movies and this new rehash is a terrible hybrid of hipster snootyness and angsty teenage feels.

Blackyce, I think you need to go reread those Spider-Man comics from the 80's and 90's. "The fighting" is not what made the Spider-Man comics great.
Try reading the ones from the 60's and 70's as well and I agree, the fighting isn't what made the comic great. I was just saying that the fighting style of Amazing was more like the comic than the style in the first three movies.

As for the Peter Parker character in the first three, Tobey was ok but the Spider-Man dialogue wasn't the greatest and I never really felt Tobey as Peter. The dialogue though was great and that's why the movies were great. The Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man is right out of the Ultimate comic book though and has almost nothing to do with earth 616 Spider-Man and that's why I think it works and works well.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ASM1 > any tobey spidey shit
the story of ASM1 wasn't great,the villain didn't help either. and only thing i thought it was stupid was the crane scene.
but SM1 had a similar scene when some people start throwing shit at the green goblin.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I absolutely love this version of Spiderman and the new CGI of his suit and larger eyes is done so well.

I definitely would have liked the original Electro Green/Yellow costume tho
smile.png

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I absolutely love this version of Spiderman and the new CGI of his suit and larger eyes is done so well.

I definitely would have liked the original Electro Green/Yellow costume tho
smile.png
I agree, would loved to have seen the old Electro costume withthe lighting bolt star on his head.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah.. new electro looks like something from the Watchmen. Maybe i'm just old fashioned but when it comes to these stories I think you look at the traditional/classic first. The "ultimate" versions are not always the best.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah.. new electro looks like something from the Watchmen. Maybe i'm just old fashioned but when it comes to these stories I think you look at the traditional/classic first. The "ultimate" versions are not always the best.
Problem with that is the Ultimate versions tend to feel closer to real-life attempts at costumes than the 60's shit with spandex and letters and shoulderpads and shit. I mean just look at Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, BANE (V1), and The Riddler from the original batman movies. Awful. Now compare Heath Ledger's Joker and Tom Hardy's Bane and it feels a lot more 'realistic', even in a super-hero world.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man is right out of the Ultimate comic book
You keep saying this and it's just utter and complete bullshit. Ultimate Peter was the same as normal Peter. He was a wise ass nerd with no friends. ASM was a hipster sk8terboi douchebag with a smoking hot bitch jocking him hardcore from the opening credits. He wasn't clever and he wasn't a wiseass, he was a fuckhead asshole bully. Nothing at all to do with Ultimate Peter. I swear to God it's like people who spout this retarded bullshit have never even heard of Spider-Man.

Sorry...sorry. I'll show myself out again.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I prefer Tobey over this new kid whose performance was near Hayden Christensen level of charisma.

Moreover, Spiderman 2 still stands as one of the greatest superhero movie of all time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You keep saying this and it's just utter and complete bullshit. Ultimate Peter was the same as normal Peter. He was a wise ass nerd with no friends. ASM was a hipster sk8terboi douchebag with a smoking hot bitch jocking him hardcore from the opening credits. He wasn't clever and he wasn't a wiseass, he was a fuckhead asshole bully. Nothing at all to do with Ultimate Peter. I swear to God it's like people who spout this retarded bullshit have never even heard of Spider-Man.

Sorry...sorry. I'll show myself out again.
Like I said, I didn't hate the first ASM, but I agree with your assessment of his character. I hated the fuck out of Peter Douchebag, but it seems we're stuck with him, so let's both try to look on the bright side, shall we? I mean, it isn't like they are giving Gambit a cameo, so there's that at least.