Ancient Civilizations

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
nobody is actually sure what that is. which is kind of scary. its a huge enigma, but if you even try to discuss it people just say a meteor hit it and shut up about it.
From everything I've read, we are actually pretty sure about what the Richat Structure is. The only people who claim "we aren't sure" is Atlantis fanboys who can't let go

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
nobody is actually sure what that is. which is kind of scary. its a huge enigma, but if you even try to discuss it people just say a meteor hit it and shut up about it.

Wild speculation: Would be interesting if the Richat Structure's crater-like appearance was formed by a crashed ship. I.e. the builders of Atlantis crashed there in a massive colony ship after fleeing from Planet 5 or whatever. Then they built the ringed city around the ship, with the ship sticking up and forming the center tower. They wanted to rebuild it to be able to reach the heavens again, starting all of the Tower of Babel myths as the crashed ship was ostensibly a tower. They had no way to ever restore it but had a prosperous civilization in the ringed city for many centuries after that, until the great flood totally murdered it and mostly only left behind the terraforming they'd done. The ship-tower collapsed and ended up reclaimed by the manmade lake that the ringed city was protected by. The denizens fled east, forming the ancient Egyptian civilization that build the pyramids and other unexplainable structures, using their advanced know-how. Also migrated north through the Middle-East to Europe, and also Mesopotamia, starting even more myths along the way. Basically scattered to the four winds and forced to start speaking a bunch of new languages to get by, thus the language part of the Tower of Babel story.

...well, that'd all be interesting, for sure.

Main issue is that the Tower of Babel being at the center of Atlantis doesn't jive with the Tower of Babel myth being post-flood. It's always said to be post-flood. What I'm describing is a pre-flood ToB. Also it's supposed to be in Mesopotamia IIRC, not Mauritania.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wild speculation: Would be interesting if the Richat Structure's crater-like appearance was formed by a crashed ship. I.e. the builders of Atlantis crashed there in a massive colony ship after fleeing from Planet 5 or whatever. Then they built the ringed city around the ship, with the ship sticking up and forming the center tower. They wanted to rebuild it to be able to reach the heavens again, starting all of the Tower of Babel myths as the crashed ship was ostensibly a tower. They had no way to ever restore it but had a prosperous civilization in the ringed city for many centuries after that, until the great flood totally murdered it and mostly only left behind the terraforming they'd done. The ship-tower collapsed and ended up reclaimed by the manmade lake that the ringed city was protected by. The denizens fled east, forming the ancient Egyptian civilization that build the pyramids and other unexplainable structures, using their advanced know-how. Also migrated north through the Middle-East to Europe, and also Mesopotamia, starting even more myths along the way. Basically scattered to the four winds and forced to start speaking a bunch of new languages to get by, thus the language part of the Tower of Babel story.

Main issue is that the Tower of Babel being at the center of Atlantis doesn't jive with the Tower of Babel myth being post-flood. It's always said to be post-flood. What I'm describing is a pre-flood ToB. Also it's supposed to be in Mesopotamia IIRC, not Mauritania.
you should discuss this in the UFO people thread, this is for ancient civilizations. Richat is 25 miles wide.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
you should discuss this in the UFO people thread, this is for ancient civilizations. Richat is 25 miles wide.

Good idea, I'll cross-post my wild ideamongering.

Come to think of it, a lot of this stuff really echoes the plot of Xenogears on the Playstation. Ancient civilizations, Tower of Babel, a super-advanced city that's separate from the rest of humanity.

I really don't think the case is closed on the Richat Structure and I'm not particularly an Atlantis fanboy. I think there's a ton we just don't know, especially in that part of the world where archaeologists have a lot more trouble getting to the bottom of mysteries due to the uncooperative nature of the locals and governments.

Edit: Actually I think this does belong in ancient civs cause I was mostly speculating on that, the "crashed ship caused Richat and was the Tower of Babel" was just a component of it and doesn't have anything to do with ETs.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good idea, I'll cross-post my wild ideamongering.

Come to think of it, a lot of this stuff really echoes the plot of Xenogears on the Playstation. Ancient civilizations, Tower of Babel, a super-advanced city that's separate from the rest of humanity.

I really don't think the case is closed on the Richat Structure and I'm not particularly an Atlantis fanboy. I think there's a ton we just don't know, especially in that part of the world where archaeologists have a lot more trouble getting to the bottom of mysteries due to the uncooperative nature of the locals and governments.

Edit: Actually I think this does belong in ancient civs cause I was mostly speculating on that, the "crashed ship caused Richat and was the Tower of Babel" was just a component of it and doesn't have anything to do with ETs.
this is why the ancient civs thread was created, to separate the madness. please take this discussion to the pretend thread.

• 1EyeRoll

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Bruh. You literally made up a story about "builders" that crashed a spacecraft into the planet, used that as the basis for your entire speculation, and you're saying that component of your theory has nothing to do with ETs so it is a legitimate ancient civs discussion?? Your story wouldn't exist without the ET part.

Serious question: how often do you smoke weed? Because you come up with some crazy shit, no cap, as the kids say.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bruh. You literally made up a story about "builders" that crashed a spacecraft into the planet, used that as the basis for your entire speculation, and you're saying that component of your theory has nothing to do with ETs so it is a legitimate ancient civs discussion?? Your story wouldn't exist without the ET part.

Serious question: how often do you smoke weed? Because you come up with some crazy shit, no cap, as the kids say.
its like the possible existence of ancient power tools wasnt fucking mind blowing enough, gotta insert sky gods and star wars battles into it too.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been developing a myth system for an rpg I'm working on and I'm thinking of going with the Anunnaki space faring gold greed approach :D

Maybe gold is really rare in the galaxy?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I knew about that asteroid but I didn't know it was 140 miles across, wow!

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Asteroid is worth an estimated $10,000 quadrillion.

Yeah, that would destabilize the economy nicely.

• 1Mother of God

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
3024.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lots of arrowheads, lots of bones, what looks like a piece of another blade... That's an enormous find.
the pommel of that blade intrigues me. its like they had the concept of a Rondel dagger 2000 years before there was a rondel dagger, but they didnt expand that to the guard.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Pretty often lately and I think I was even toking some doobies around the creation of that post. It was mostly tongue in cheek, like "maaan, how wild would it be if..."

Like imagine if the crashed ship that Atlantis was built around was also the last survivors of the Martian nuclear war?? And Mars was only destroyed like 20k years ago??

/fucks off to go write a novel out of this idea

That Asteroid is worth an estimated $10,000 quadrillion.

Yeah, that would destabilize the economy nicely.

I imagine the entire world economy would shift to gold pieces (like in the games) if this thing were mined out.

Asteroids being so resource-rich is the thing that's going to put us out in space. Mining things like this is going to be massive business in the near future, I think.

3024.jpg

That's incredible. As a kid it was a dream of mine to unearth something like this, in this kind of condition. Studied ancient civs and archaeology and for a while it was what I was hellbent on doing when I got older.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty often lately and I think I was even toking some doobies around the creation of that post. It was mostly tongue in cheek, like "maaan, how wild would it be if..."

Like imagine if the crashed ship that Atlantis was built around was also the last survivors of the Martian nuclear war?? And Mars was only destroyed like 20k years ago??

/fucks off to go write a novel out of this idea

I imagine the entire world economy would shift to gold pieces (like in the games) if this thing were mined out.

Asteroids being so resource-rich is the thing that's going to put us out in space. Mining things like this is going to be massive business in the near future, I think.

That's incredible. As a kid it was a dream of mine to unearth something like this, in this kind of condition. Studied ancient civs and archaeology and for a while it was what I was hellbent on doing when I got older.
when i was a kid in the 70s. my uncle gave me this book.
iu

it had a lot of ancient civ stuff in there. all the stuff we discuss today. no ancient aliens shit either.
years later i got this book too.
iu

basically same stuff, but more of it. i still have both books and they are still intriguing to me.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Almost looks like a serpent hilt. WANT

Maybe they will do some kind of scan of it so people can make replicas.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
when i was a kid in the 70s. my uncle gave me this book.
iu

it had a lot of ancient civ stuff in there. all the stuff we discuss today. no ancient aliens shit either.
years later i got this book too.
iu

basically same stuff, but more of it. i still have both books and they are still intriguing to me.

I have The World's Last Mysteries. Excellent book and yeah very intriguing. Highly recommend it. I believe it has a chapter on the Tunguska event with a picture of a spacetime-ripple that intrigued me to no end as a kid.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have The World's Last Mysteries. Excellent book and yeah very intriguing. Highly recommend it. I believe it has a chapter on the Tunguska event with a picture of a spacetime-ripple that intrigued me to no end as a kid.
I think eventually all those trees in the famous blast radius picture died and rotted away so you never know if anything happened there. Though i think one dude was able to test the soil or something and still found residue from the blast. But he was looking for it. Tunguska is still an amazing mysterious event in recent history. Eyewitnesses in London said the night sky turned into daylight when it happened. Or crazy shit like that.