Ancient Civilizations

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wild speculation: Would be interesting if the Richat Structure's crater-like appearance was formed by a crashed ship. I.e. the builders of Atlantis crashed there in a massive colony ship after fleeing from Planet 5 or whatever. Then they built the ringed city around the ship, with the ship sticking up and forming the center tower. They wanted to rebuild it to be able to reach the heavens again, starting all of the Tower of Babel myths as the crashed ship was ostensibly a tower. They had no way to ever restore it but had a prosperous civilization in the ringed city for many centuries after that, until the great flood totally murdered it and mostly only left behind the terraforming they'd done. The ship-tower collapsed and ended up reclaimed by the manmade lake that the ringed city was protected by. The denizens fled east, forming the ancient Egyptian civilization that build the pyramids and other unexplainable structures, using their advanced know-how. Also migrated north through the Middle-East to Europe, and also Mesopotamia, starting even more myths along the way. Basically scattered to the four winds and forced to start speaking a bunch of new languages to get by, thus the language part of the Tower of Babel story.

...well, that'd all be interesting, for sure.

Main issue is that the Tower of Babel being at the center of Atlantis doesn't jive with the Tower of Babel myth being post-flood. It's always said to be post-flood. What I'm describing is a pre-flood ToB. Also it's supposed to be in Mesopotamia IIRC, not Mauritania.

For fucks sake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Haven't had time to watch it yet and can't vouch, but this looks like it might be interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Watched a bit, it is creationist. I don't disagree with some of their ideas, but my own guess stretches the time line out alot more.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watched a bit, it is creationist. I don't disagree with some of their ideas, but my own guess stretches the time line out alot more.
creationists. i was gonna watch that and now i wont even bother. fucking bullshit 6000 year old world.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, there's no way the world is 6000 years old or the Great Flood was 5000 years ago. My guess is 10-14k years ago for the flood, or 8000 BC to 12000 BC, and I think the advanced civilizations that preceded it were likely existing in the neighborhood of 17000-12000 BC.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Nah son anatomically modern humans spent fully 100.000 years making sharp rocks and shitting in their hands until 10,000 years ago

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah son anatomically modern humans spent fully 100.000 years making sharp rocks and shitting in their hands until 10,000 years ago
yup, forget all those ancient cultures who talked about those megaliths that were already there and were built by "the gods".

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

So good to see this guy have so many live viewers and millions of subs, considering I started watching him when he had like 60K subs (which...wasn't that long ago)

• 1Mother of God

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

So good to see this guy have so many live viewers and millions of subs, considering I started watching him when he had like 60K subs (which...wasn't that long ago)

fakest looking giant skull ever

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone feel like digging info on this?

That's about when you started to have anatomically modern humans appearing on the record. There were quite a few hominids around, and most of our cousins were already "smart".

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Weren't ancient people really short as well? Looking at one in the persons hand doesn't really give scale when you consider that. Even if it was Neanderthal they didn't need to hold them in their hands, they could have used it as something to put on the ground and cut against. I know the counter would be why sharpen all sides, maybe it wasn't given an edge on all sides at the same time. Plus, LOL at them still thinking primitive people were simpletons.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Archaeology is barely better than Ufology interms of making wildass speculations based on very little evidence.

They find a sharp rock and all of a sudden think they know something about early cultures or people. Not just speculate or imagine, but "know".

I'm not even skeptical about the subject matter (pre history civilization). Its just man, this is barely above a pixelated "ufo video" in terms of evidence. I'm convinced its a sharp rock from a layer that can be dated to about 300k. Everything beyond that is speculation. I wish theyd just be honest about how speculative it all is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Weren't ancient people really short as well?
I suppose that depends upon whether or not you believe in the giant theory. But even if those existed, in general, yes I believe everyone else was supposed to be smaller than modern humans.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I suppose that depends upon whether or not you believe in the giant theory. But even if those existed, in general, yes I believe everyone else was supposed to be smaller than modern humans.
Story checks out, we were all midgets.
willow GIF by hero0fwar

• 2Worf