Ancient Civilizations

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I suppose that depends upon whether or not you believe in the giant theory. But even if those existed, in general, yes I believe everyone else was supposed to be smaller than modern humans.
giants were real in the sense that larger than normal humans of the time were considered giants. so basically Vikings were nightmare fuel for the rest of europe because they were tall motherfuckers of 6foot kicking these 5 foot tall men's asses. if Shaq was alive back in biblical times and somebody the height of Kevin Hart picked a fight with him, it would have been written down as David and Goliath. Shaq is a big motherfucker, no doubts about that. i can see the small men of the time thinking that kicking his ass was going to be a problem and what the shit was David thinking picking a fight with him. but the allegory of that story was what was important. that ingenuity will conquer pure strength and power. were there actual giants of the time? giants in the neighborhood of 10foor or 20 foot or even taller? NO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I could see that being the case. You go to any museum of natural history, you will see just how small people really were back then. You look at suits of armor, the real ones from that time period, on display and you wonder how the fuck did men fit into those things? You see beds of that period and think to yourself like WTF? If I laid on that bed 3/4 of my legs would be dangling off. So yeah if the median height at the time was something like 5 ft 2 for males, (IDK the actual height median was back then, just assuming) you see someone 6ft 3", or even taller and he would tower over everyone. Add in some muscle on that 6ft 3 frame I could see how that would be people thinking they were giants.

I think diet was huge contributor of this. People in those times ate like shit, food was scare and you actually had to work to get it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I could see that being the case. You go to any museum of natural history, you will see just how small people really were back then. You look at suits of armor, the real ones from that time period, on display and you wonder how the fuck did men fit into those things? You see beds of that period and think to yourself like WTF? If I laid on that bed 3/4 of my legs would be dangling off. So yeah if the median height at the time was something like 5 ft 2 for males, (IDK the actual height median was back then, just assuming) you see someone 6ft 3", or even taller and he would tower over everyone. Add in some muscle on that 6ft 3 frame I could see how that would be people thinking they were giants.

I think diet was huge contributor of this. People in those times ate like shit, food was scare and you actually had to work to get it.
this exactly. my family, i am the tallest man probably in their history. i'm 6'2'. i was taller than all of my relatives and thats because they were from europe directly or were the first generation of those immigrants scrounging up whatever food they could get during the Great Depression. Italy had a lot of short people. maybe its still like that. my dad was tall. but today he would be considered average height. when i was in school i was always in the back in school photos because i was a big mofo compared to the other boys. there has never been any proof that people were huge. now all that being said, could there be other species of humans who were just larger? cro mag men were big. but they werent fucking 10-30 feet big. probably only 7 foot at best. nothing uncommon today.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Surprised you didn't post it Chukzombi Chukzombi

Ah, thanks, almost forgot about that guy not having any idea how to speak with a normal cadence. Been making YouTube videos for years, still no clue how humans even talk.

I like to imagine in the future archaeologists will stumble upon his ancient recordings and they'll conclude that 21st century humans all spoke in a sing song manner, perhaps as a demonstration of strength and skill.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
giants were real in the sense that larger than normal humans of the time were considered giants. so basically Vikings were nightmare fuel for the rest of europe because they were tall motherfuckers of 6foot kicking these 5 foot tall men's asses. if Shaq was alive back in biblical times and somebody the height of Kevin Hart picked a fight with him, it would have been written down as David and Goliath. Shaq is a big motherfucker, no doubts about that. i can see the small men of the time thinking that kicking his ass was going to be a problem and what the shit was David thinking picking a fight with him. but the allegory of that story was what was important. that ingenuity will conquer pure strength and power. were there actual giants of the time? giants in the neighborhood of 10foor or 20 foot or even taller? NO.
See, I'm totally on board with this. I can't watch that video right now (and not gonna blow smoke up your ass, probably won't watch it), but I completely agree with what you said. Unfortunately, tons of people at least present their videos or articles as if they are the truly massive giants we all think of when someone says giants. Maybe they clarify it later, but the clickbait is there, and most people (myself included) aren't going to watch to find out the truth, they are just going to walk away with the vague notion of 10'+ giants striding across the ancient lands. And then we end up with people thinking it was really a thing, and it snowballs from there, including people now doing videos about actual 10'+ giants because they get even more clicks that way.

Unfortunately, no one is going to click a video that says, "Our 5' tall ancestors sometimes encountered people that were 6' tall!!" So they make it sound like there were actual giants.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
See, I'm totally on board with this. I can't watch that video right now (and not gonna blow smoke up your ass, probably won't watch it), but I completely agree with what you said. Unfortunately, tons of people at least present their videos or articles as if they are the truly massive giants we all think of when someone says giants. Maybe they clarify it later, but the clickbait is there, and most people (myself included) aren't going to watch to find out the truth, they are just going to walk away with the vague notion of 10'+ giants striding across the ancient lands. And then we end up with people thinking it was really a thing, and it snowballs from there, including people now doing videos about actual 10'+ giants because they get even more clicks that way.

Unfortunately, no one is going to click a video that says, "Our 5' tall ancestors sometimes encountered people that were 6' tall!!" So they make it sound like there were actual giants.
ive posted it before, its basically an explanation of why a 10 foot tall or taller giant isnt possible due to gravity, the structure of human bones and our physical makeup. the screencap from Game Of Thrones of that giant is an actual scientifically accurate representation of what a giant would look like if one existed. no longer human. there is no evidence of any other humanoid being such a size either. soeven if it was a seperate race of giants. we still have no proof it ever happened. some people might say, "what about all those giant structures that look like they were built to house giants with 20 foot high doorways and huge steps. the answer is simple. they were doing that to look badass. same reason why kings in egypt were represented as gods and dressed in gold. why people today wear elite designer clothes and drive multimillion dollar sportscars. they also built those giant sized structures to deter would be conquerors from attacking their city. you gonna attack a city with a 30 foot giant protecting it? hell no. so you go somewhere else. Vlad the impaler knew that trick, its why he lined the roads with dead bodies that had a pole shoved up their asses and out of their mouths while they were still alive. dont attack that guy, he's hardcore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, just for shits and giggles..

How come dinosaurs got so big?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it in this thread, as it is more relevant to the UFO one, but duh, they had anti-gravity, obviously!

In all seriousness, it is a matter for much debate, and no one has a good answer. Self-defense is brought up a lot, thinking that they had to keep growing larger to defend against predators, and the predators kept getting bigger to eat them, etc. Or being large and cold-blooded helping with temperature regulation, but then you have people saying that most of the predators were likely warm-blooded, so that doesn't make a lot of sense either. Short answer, we have no fucking clue.

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it in this thread, as it is more relevant to the UFO one, but duh, they had anti-gravity, obviously!
how dare you picard GIF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

In all seriousness, it is a matter for much debate, and no one has a good answer. Self-defense is brought up a lot, thinking that they had to keep growing larger to defend against predators, and the predators kept getting bigger to eat them, etc. Or being large and cold-blooded helping with temperature regulation, but then you have people saying that most of the predators were likely warm-blooded, so that doesn't make a lot of sense either. Short answer, we have no fucking clue.
the best explanation i have seen is that the earth had a MUCH higher % of oxygen in the atmosphere which led to the animals growing so much larger. it still fits though. large hearts. small brains. elephantine legs

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yeah when I saw the bedroom of William the Conqueror in the Tower of London its like barely bigger than like two camping cots side by side. And its a four post bed with a canopy.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We may be limited on how tall we can grow, but we can grow horizontally as far as our access to buffets allows

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even if you dont believe the Atlantis narrative. it is interesting that there is still documentation of these lakes from 500 years ago that supposedly dried up 5,000 years ago. i also find it interesting that they link up in that same pattern from the mediterranean to the atlantic through the Richat. as if a channel had been carved there some time ago.

• 1Like