Andor

Jive Turkey

Karen
Contrast the writing in Andor to the dogshit meetings with the mayor followed by slapstick speeder chases in Boba Fett. I'll take slow character building any day

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the show is moving a bit slow for you i think a good idea might be to watch in 3 episode chunks, every 3 episodes is a mini-arc.

really looking forward to next episode, I love a good Heist especially when things go tits up and strong writing/acting makes or breaks it. Bets on how many people make it out? I'm thinking only two, Cassian and the lead heist lady. Everyone else, DEAD!

While I love a good heist too, you can't help but compare it to how Mando did it though. That one episode with Clancy Brown and Bill Burr was excellent and had zero setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Bill Burr should have gotten a fucking Oscar for the episode where they're in the Imperial dining hall and he starts to lose it with that officer. The whole time you've got the Mandalorian sitting there like, "Did I miss something? Why is this going bad?" lol

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bill Burr should have gotten a fucking Oscar for the episode where they're in the Imperial dining hall and he starts to lose it with that officer. The whole time you've got the Mandalorian sitting there like, "Did I miss something? Why is this going bad?" lol
that scene pretty much came out of nowhere, pretty serious moment for a show about a magic muppet.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That was intense. They aren't pulling punches with this at all. The Eye (storm) and the chase was about the most visually incredible thing i've seen in any Star Wars. This show continues to deliver in ways that no SW show has even come close to yet. They are setting a pretty high bar here it will be interesting to see what lessons the upcoming SW shows learn from how well this is being received.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Musab

Molten Core Raider
This show is such a gem, especially after the awful Boba Fett series

• 6Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Glad I skipped watching ep5 till 6 had already dropped. Love the show overall but the pacing drawn out over 3 weeks is pretty lacking so I’ll be waiting till ep9 drops to watch the next arc.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Glad I skipped watching ep5 till 6 had already dropped. Love the show overall but the pacing drawn out over 3 weeks is pretty lacking so I’ll be waiting till ep9 drops to watch the next arc.

Ya, I've been waiting for the 3 episode arcs to be available all at once to watch. Especially since it's fairly clear at this point is the first two episodes in the arc focus on character development and world building, then you get some payoff to that in the third episode.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I was pushed for one criticism it would be that they could have maybe dialled down the hippy tribe stuff a bit.

Was a bit of an immersion breaker for me with these random extras and one fairly well known and serious Brit actor (the chieftain) just talking an unconvincing nonsense language and staring into a log burner for a third of the episode.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show might be my favorite Star Wars since the original trilogy. The writing, character development, and directing is just as good as Star Wars has ever been.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you imagine how fucking awesome a Boba Fett series could have been if they'd have given it to Tony Gilroy? Holy shit. The setting, tone, and mature story of Andor is exactly what Boba Fett needed.

Instead, we got...
bookofbobafett-bikergang.jpg

Fuck, now I just pissed myself off at Star Wars again.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn great episode. Rogue One is my favorite movie after the original trilogy. So Im glad this show is staying in the same lane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
If I was pushed for one criticism it would be that they could have maybe dialled down the hippy tribe stuff a bit.

Was a bit of an immersion breaker for me with these random extras and one fairly well known and serious Brit actor (the chieftain) just talking an unconvincing nonsense language and staring into a log burner for a third of the episode.

I honestly thought the tie fighters were gonna kill all of them which is why we kept cutting to them. Just a growing dread, "oh shit the only reason they keep showing us all these people is because the Rebels are gonna get them all killed."

What more really can be said about the show, amazing and nearly flawless episode. I said everyone except Andor and Vel would die, I was almost right I forgot the indian chick but I can't imagine she has long to live, her face has to be all over holorecorders and she is stuck on the planet.

this is easily top 3 shows of 2022 for me, which is absolute insanity. Going into it I was entirely "who the fuck cares about cassian andor, he fucking DIES in rogue one LOL Star Wars"

The only thing I don't get, and its not a quibble or anything I just don't really understand, why does someone die from a blaster shot to the arm? Organs, sure, its a laser bullet but if you got shot in the arm I don't think you'd immediately die. I don't know anything about blaster lore though. Maybe its like Star Trek where you can set blasters to stun, wound, or kill.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed this. It felt like what a Star Wars show should feel like if you removed the marketing features. It told a straight story that was realistic within the rules of the universe. There was nothing about this show that made me roll my eyes or think "Bullshit". The characters were well done. Each one had his/her own story that reflected how they acted during the moments when it counted. I stated that if they held true all the way through the story that it would give The Mandalorian a run for its money. I think it surpassed even that show. While The Mandalorian had the fantastic ending, Andor had a good quality all they way through that, also ended with a great ending. It is amazing how a well told story can change a person's view of a character. I was not a Cassian fan in Rogue One. Now....

I will actually look forward to a season 2 if they continue the rebellion.

I am not sure how this show only gets 3 stars, as it is close to the best show put out, thus far on Disney. It is just as good as Rogue One and surpasses Return of the Jedi (I hated the Ewoks).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am not sure how this show only gets 3 stars, as it is close to the best show put out, thus far on Disney. It is just as good as Rogue One and surpasses Return of the Jedi (I hated the Ewoks).
I dont even look at the star rating considering most things are rated by 1-5 people.

Juvarisx

Florida
Really enjoyed this. It felt like what a Star Wars show should feel like if you removed the marketing features. It told a straight story that was realistic within the rules of the universe. There was nothing about this show that made me roll my eyes or think "Bullshit". The characters were well done. Each one had his/her own story that reflected how they acted during the moments when it counted. I stated that if they held true all the way through the story that it would give The Mandalorian a run for its money. I think it surpassed even that show. While The Mandalorian had the fantastic ending, Andor had a good quality all they way through that, also ended with a great ending. It is amazing how a well told story can change a person's view of a character. I was not a Cassian fan in Rogue One. Now....

I will actually look forward to a season 2 if they continue the rebellion.

Theres a subset of people on here that will vote 1 star to anything Disney and / or Star Wars well before the show is released. The star rankings here are meaningless anyways so most people don't interact with them.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
When I told my buddy to watch it he said his kids thought it wasn't that good so he didn't bother. Might be the case?