Andor

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This show is my favorite of the Star Wars spinoffs. Even more so than the Mandalorian. It just does a great job of building suspense. Building tension, then delivering on both with that buildup. Also I LOVE how one tie fighter being shown has you on the edge of your seat. I honestly can't wait to see how they present storm troopers or an AT ST, never mind an AT AT. It's going to seem like dread is approaching when those things are brought in.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Very true to the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron books whenever they mention Stormtroopers it's "oh shit! Stormtroopers!" because they legit gear and armor and training. Then in the OG trilogy they're just a bunch of blind guys on roller skates and shit. Will definitely be sweet when we see some Shinies destroy a bunch of early rebels. Hopefully they have a squad just obliterate a few dozen rebels showing their actual prowess and ability in the EU at least.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So strange that the show most people didn’t give a shit about, and a character no one really care to see expanded with his show turning out to be such a good show and interesting character. What a pleasant surprise.
I really enjoy this show, I like that its forcing star wars to do new things.

I'm also really confused about why I like it so much, as I thought rogue one was mediocre. Everything about this show works for me. Comparing it to mando, I'd say mando as a character is stronger, which isn't to hate on Cassian at all, he's excellent in this. Generally the production and supporting cast in this show are better, which isn't to hate on mando, as they were excellent in that show too.

Both shows are great in different ways, and I don't really care to put one on a pedestal above the other. Glad to see that Mando wasn't a fluke, cause Obi and Fett were downright disappointing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
People expect more out of shows centered around popular characters like Obi or Boba so when the shows are just mediocre it sucks.

Fadaar

That guy
Very true to the Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron books whenever they mention Stormtroopers it's "oh shit! Stormtroopers!" because they legit gear and armor and training. Then in the OG trilogy they're just a bunch of blind guys on roller skates and shit. Will definitely be sweet when we see some Shinies destroy a bunch of early rebels. Hopefully they have a squad just obliterate a few dozen rebels showing their actual prowess and ability in the EU at least.

ya know its true this does remind me of the Wratih books minus the starfighter elements

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Loved this episode, love all the build up and dialogue. Really wish they would release 3 at a time though. They all end so abrupt.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Loved this episode, love all the build up and dialogue. Really wish they would release 3 at a time though. They all end so abrupt.
Yeah real fucking miss. This waiting is annoying as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This episode is the only one that isn't a part of a real arc according to Tony Gilroy. 8/9/10 are the next big arc, then 11/12 to finish the season. But yeah its probably best to watch each of the arcs all at once if you have the patience, they do all end pretty abruptly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i always wondered what Star Wars Miami Beach would be like

there is so much thought put into every second of this show, feels like an auteur director's movie. We see Bix with a black eye and she seems extremely defeated but there is no 15 min scene of her being interrogated by Stormtroopers or her dead boyfriends friends blaming her for his death, we just have to spin our own imagination as to how she went from a lively hopeful young woman to an afraid and beaten down woman in the span of a few weeks. That is scary.

Acting is also off the charts, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who can hold their own against Stellan Skarsgard but Mon Motha pulls it off great. Thats always been a problem with recent MCU/Star Wars shows, they have a few good actors but some TERRIBLE ones and it all falls apart when the shitty actors fall apart in key scenes. Everyone is fantastic here so far, plus of course the amazing writing.

Filming episodes 4-6 must have been absolutely incredible, look at these locations in Scotland

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently this is the worst performing Disney+ Marvel/Star Wars show yet.

The analysts posted a graph of the ‘Daily Demand’ of “Star Wars” series in the weeks up to and after their launches. The key value is the multiple by which the show is exceeding the demand of the average title in the market.

The first season of “The Mandalorian,” “The Book of Boba Fett,” and “Obi-Wan Kenobi” all launched to demand of around 25-30 times (25-30x) that of your average show for that day, whilst the second season of “The Mandalorian” launched at around 60x.

The first season of “The Mandalorian” skyrocketed up in its first two weeks, hitting highs around the 130x range mid-run, whilst its second season hit a high of around 97x. Both “Boba Fett” and “Obi-Wan Kenobi” peaked at just over the 40x range.

“Andor ” on the other hand, had a start around the 6x range and has only dropped in the weeks since. What this suggests is “Andor” is struggling to reach an audience outside of the hardcore faithful.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently this is the worst performing Disney+ Marvel/Star Wars show yet.

The analysts posted a graph of the ‘Daily Demand’ of “Star Wars” series in the weeks up to and after their launches. The key value is the multiple by which the show is exceeding the demand of the average title in the market.

The first season of “The Mandalorian,” “The Book of Boba Fett,” and “Obi-Wan Kenobi” all launched to demand of around 25-30 times (25-30x) that of your average show for that day, whilst the second season of “The Mandalorian” launched at around 60x.

The first season of “The Mandalorian” skyrocketed up in its first two weeks, hitting highs around the 130x range mid-run, whilst its second season hit a high of around 97x. Both “Boba Fett” and “Obi-Wan Kenobi” peaked at just over the 40x range.

“Andor ” on the other hand, had a start around the 6x range and has only dropped in the weeks since. What this suggests is “Andor” is struggling to reach an audience outside of the hardcore faithful.

That's probably off the back of each subsequent show from Mando being a bunch of gnarly dog cock.

By the time Andor came out people's expectations were so low they hardly tuned in. Hopefully word of mouth will lead to a delayed spike so they learn what is good and make more and less of the dirge that Boba and Obi Wan were.

• 1SchwarzeNeg
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
It also doesn't have stars that draw you in like Obi-Wan or fan servicy moments like MCU shows. The pro's are that its a 2 season show, they are filming season 2 within a few months (already guaranteed) and the show ends so ratings don't matter that much to finish off the story. I'd imagine long term Disney/Lucas is hoping positive word of mouth, even after the show is 100% done, will draw people in to watch it years later similar to The Office or Breaking Bad which got more popular long after it ended.

Its also the kind of show that can be used very effectively to draw in very talented people, "we will let you do something like Andor if you want inside a Star Wars or Marvel sandbox" is a powerful pitch to top tier directors, writers, actors, etc.

but yeah sadly you see hardly any talk about the show but the people who do talk about it hype it up a lot as one of the best shows of 2022.

It was honestly an awful, awful time to launch it - Rings of Power and House of the Dragon have sucked up all the commentary and time for normies. At least HOTD is ending this weekend and there isn't a whole lot now so maybe people will start binging Andor as it closes out season 1.

Tales of the Jedi starts next week too (animated) and people are gonna be into that.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm also really confused about why I like it so much, as I thought rogue one was mediocre.

Probably because rogue one and the new trilogy spent more time on "Girl Power!" than on character development, which is what this whole show is. Get rid of Jen Orso as the main character. Make it a Cassian Andor/Kyle Katarn centric movie, and have Vader hunt down each of the main characters individually.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show is doing poorly because normies dont know who these people are. they only know Ob1 and Boba and of course Luke, Han, Leia and Vader. it could be the greatest show, but lack of interest in unknown characters is not going to improve especially since, all these people die in Rogue 1? no point getting invested.

also after they shit up the last 2 SW shows, nobody cares anymore. no Gina in Mando s3? i barely even care about watching that.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm also really confused about why I like it so much, as I thought rogue one was mediocre.

Rogue One is probably second to only Empire and New Hope in Star Wars greatness.

Also this show is amazing. Too bad Disney execs will look at the numbers and frown. This is why we can't have nice things. Always gotta dumb it down for the masses.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
It's not doing well because it's boring. Well made, but boring. They still haven't figured out how to do episodes. 1-3 could have been one solid episode, but it got dragged out into oblivion.

One of the complaints you see people making about Rings of Power is relying too much on prior knowledge of the franchise. Well, let's turn that magnifying glass this direction. If you had no prior Star Wars knowledge, this show would be the equivalent of watching paint dry. You would have no idea what they're fighting for, or what the greater issue is.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Morrigan keeping it real. Episodes 1-3 nearly lost me but I kept going. I do enjoy the show, always said it was well done, but its super slow and doesn't feel Star Wars enough for the general fan base. After episode 3 I got more into it but how many people were lost with that slow start. Be upset and garbage the post all you want but the numbers are reflecting what we are saying.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The episode segmentation is the show's biggest sin. A good slow-burn can be absolutely great, but there also needs to be at least some hint of a hook, a twist, a story / action beat that hits hard...something beyond ONLY leisurely character development or heist planning or whatever within the borders of each episode. I think the most recent one captured that blend just about perfectly. Each of the first two-mini arcs could have effectively been merged into one long episode each and I'd bet that the reception would have been far more positive. It's frustrating to realize that there's solid gold here but if they can't bolster viewership, we're back to Boba Fett and Obi-Wan and Skywalkers with an occasional Mandalorian to help keep the franchise from reaching the deepest depths of the dumpster.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i won't argue that the show is slow, honestly it reminds me of Mad Men a lot in that so much of the show is about characters small decisions and the impacts it has on those around them. Describing what happened in the episode does not accurately summarize what you actually saw.

i am blaming all you motherfuckers who don't sing the praises of the show and get other people to watch when we get the next 10 Star Wars and MCU shows that are all action action action with no character development or plot and everything is rushed like Boba Fett, Obi Wan, She Hulk, HOTD, etc because Andor is what most of us always wanted, but not enough people watched.

rogue-one-verge-of-greatness.gif

• 1Like