Andor

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed this. It felt like what a Star Wars show should feel like if you removed the marketing features. It told a straight story that was realistic within the rules of the universe. There was nothing about this show that made me roll my eyes or think "Bullshit". The characters were well done. Each one had his/her own story that reflected how they acted during the moments when it counted. I stated that if they held true all the way through the story that it would give The Mandalorian a run for its money. I think it surpassed even that show. While The Mandalorian had the fantastic ending, Andor had a good quality all they way through that, also ended with a great ending. It is amazing how a well told story can change a person's view of a character. I was not a Cassian fan in Rogue One. Now....

I will actually look forward to a season 2 if they continue the rebellion.

I am not sure how this show only gets 3 stars, as it is close to the best show put out, thus far on Disney. It is just as good as Rogue One and surpasses Return of the Jedi (I hated the Ewoks).
Good news, the season is only half over. The episodes continue to Nov 23rd!

Why it only has 3 stars? Because we have a massive pile of fgt's on this board that judge work before it even releases. They were giving it 1-stars back in 2018. Bunch of fat as fuck, mouth breathing, window lickers that like and hate what ever their favorite Youtuber tells them to like or hate. And they are too mentally handicapped to realize their fav Youtuber has a financial interest in calling something shit before they have ever even seen it.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Juvarisx

Florida
When I told my buddy to watch it he said his kids thought it wasn't that good so he didn't bother. Might be the case?

I mean its probably the least kid friendly Star Wars property so I get kids being bored by it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Enjoyable episode, but they just HAD to slip in some gay shit. Not surprised of course.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Skeen (the guy who says he lost his farmer brother etc) carries a blaster that apparently makes its way to Greedo later on in the star wars timeline. The prop he used was apparently the actual blaster from a New Hope, pretty fun little easter egg

that whole scene at the end between Skeen and Cassian was pretty tense, I thought Skeen was fishing Andor to see if he's a true rebel or not. Thats not a good way to test though, "whoops turns out I was wrong and he killed me" lol

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I honestly thought the tie fighters were gonna kill all of them which is why we kept cutting to them. Just a growing dread, "oh shit the only reason they keep showing us all these people is because the Rebels are gonna get them all killed."
I thought they were planning a little rebellion of their own because of how angry the chieftain seemed. Maybe it will come up later, but surely they are done on that planet. Unless they come back to rescue the one girl they left behind.
There was nothing about this show that made me roll my eyes or think "Bullshit".
Really? Not even them having the sector payroll in hard coin instead of doing that shit with electronic transfers? Electronic transfers are well established in star wars.
that whole scene at the end between Skeen and Cassian was pretty tense, I thought Skeen was fishing Andor to see if he's a true rebel or not. Thats not a good way to test though, "whoops turns out I was wrong and he killed me" lol
Same here. I thought he was testing him and that would be when andor decided to join up.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Really? Not even them having the sector payroll in hard coin instead of doing that shit with electronic transfers? Electronic transfers are well established in star wars.
Star Wars has always used a lot of physical cash. They use it all the time on Mandalorian for example. Also on a two bit shit planet, I'd want physical cash too.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Star Wars has always used a lot of physical cash. They use it all the time on Mandalorian for example. Also on a two bit shit planet, I'd want physical cash too.

It also makes sense in that planet, and presumably much of the rest of the sector, doesn't belong to the Empire - sure you can pay your soldiers with fund transfer to their accounts, but local resources and suppliers are more of a problem - what incentive to they have to take payment into a bank on another planet and then get bled dry by various fees ?

Even here, where we have a theoretically global banking system, the US army took a fuckload of cash money into Iraq and Afghanistan, for example.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Even here, where we have a theoretically global banking system, the US army took a fuckload of cash money into Iraq and Afghanistan, for example.

Didn't they pay with scrip? Traditionally armies have paid with scrip. Which would make this heist even dumber.

Oldbased

> Than U
I honestly thought the tie fighters were gonna kill all of them which is why we kept cutting to them. Just a growing dread, "oh shit the only reason they keep showing us all these people is because the Rebels are gonna get them all killed."

What more really can be said about the show, amazing and nearly flawless episode. I said everyone except Andor and Vel would die, I was almost right I forgot the indian chick but I can't imagine she has long to live, her face has to be all over holorecorders and she is stuck on the planet.

this is easily top 3 shows of 2022 for me, which is absolute insanity. Going into it I was entirely "who the fuck cares about cassian andor, he fucking DIES in rogue one LOL Star Wars"

The only thing I don't get, and its not a quibble or anything I just don't really understand, why does someone die from a blaster shot to the arm? Organs, sure, its a laser bullet but if you got shot in the arm I don't think you'd immediately die. I don't know anything about blaster lore though. Maybe its like Star Trek where you can set blasters to stun, wound, or kill.
One thing I love about all these spinoffs is we get bits and pieces of the Empire. In the main movies they just show up basically. We see little of their routine, technologies and how they do things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Excellent episode. The show does a great job of character building and generating tension, so when the TIEs finally show up it's actually compelling and engaging and not simply space_chase_pew_pew_CGI_34.

I also thought Skeen was rolling out a final loyalty test for Andor at the end, and then...oops, blam! I'm still not convinced it wasn't and that it won't come back to kick Andor in the ass later.

Electronic transfers are well established in star wars.

I guess these are boxes of Cryptocredit receipts:

reward3.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Even in Phantom Menace refuses Republic Credits and demands 'real money'.

If it makes you feel better they would likely be spending their wages there on Aldani and it was shown that the Aldani were looked down on as a primitive people. Doubt those people walking around with goat skins would use PayPalpatine

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
No they didn't.

That's weird. I looked it up and apparently we stopped using it in vietnam. But I swear I've seen scrip from desert storm and I thought iraq. Must have been from another country.

I guess these are boxes of Cryptocredit receipts:

reward3.jpg

Well he did need it to pay a gangster. The Empire is supposed to be legitimate.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Well he did need it to pay a gangster. The Empire is supposed to be legitimate.

As we saw in the first 3 episodes, the Empire is not in total Iron Fist mode yet. The mid Rim planets are still run by the corporations, for the Empire; locals still have some autonomy (although this is rapidly changing as we are witnessing the rise of the Rebellion)

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
I did think it was interesting how all the troops we saw were basically in "desk jockey" outfits, I don't know the exact ranks but I guess Stormtroopers (follow ups to Clone Troopers) are considered more elite front line shock troopers? We haven't seen a single Storm Trooper (in uniform) yet afaik, I guess at this point they have completely switched over from clones.

I did laugh when Vel asked the ex-Stormtrooper to cover her, like bro he was a fucking stormtrooper he can't hit anything!!!

also TIL the actress who played Vel played the assassin waif who went in hard after Arya in Game of Thrones!

FevjjVRWAAE6Bcr

Fe-chCVWYAEss0q

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
I did think it was interesting how all the troops we saw were basically in "desk jockey" outfits, I don't know the exact ranks but I guess Stormtroopers (follow ups to Clone Troopers) are considered more elite front line shock troopers? We haven't seen a single Storm Trooper (in uniform) yet afaik, I guess at this point they have completely switched over from clones.

I did laugh when Vel asked the ex-Stormtrooper to cover her, like bro he was a fucking stormtrooper he can't hit anything!!!

also TIL the actress who played Vel played the assassin waif who went in hard after Arya in Game of Thrones!

FevjjVRWAAE6Bcr

Fe-chCVWYAEss0q

they had regular storm troopers in Kenobi and that took place even earlier than this. i think so at least? could have my timelines mixed up but pretty sure this show is taking place around the same time as Rebels.

also outside of the scenes on Coruscant which almost entirely took place in private businesses/residences they havent spent any time on heavily occupied imperial worlds, only outposts and whatnot. which i guess in this show means imperial army and not stormtroopers.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
They've intentionally left Stormtroopers out of this to this point, although I think there were a couple in the background of an episode earlier on. Even though they are everywhere in the OT, they are meant to be the elite squads, called in when the shit really hits the fan. This has been a slow build to that point so far. I love they aren't overusing Imperial assets too much, each time even Tie-Fighters have shown up its been menacing and impactful.
And yeah timeline wise this is pretty much lining right up with the start of Rebels.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Once again, an excellent episode. I know I repeat myself every episode but the production values are so high for this show compared to the other Star Wars shows. Mandalorian is pretty good but production values are way lower.

It’s a slow show but it works really well, the 2 episodes build up for the 3rd to be a big payoff. It’s enough time to build characters so that the stakes have meaning because you’re invested in them.

I really like Cassian as a character, he’s different than what we’ve seen before, not afraid to kill. That last scene was tense, and reminded me of Han and Greedo where Han shot first.

So strange that the show most people didn’t give a shit about, and a character no one really care to see expanded with his show turning out to be such a good show and interesting character. What a pleasant surprise.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users